Aptean Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Kim Eaton

Pros
  • The management is flexible with time so the work-life balance is great (in 9 reviews)

• good colleagues and good products (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management are clueless about go-to-market strategies for the market in which they're operating (in 9 reviews)

• The company is sinking 'Really Deep' due to inexperienced or rather irrational decisions made by the investor(Vista Equity Partners) who bought it (in 7 reviews)

1. Customer Account Manager

I worked at Aptean full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance & culture. This truly was a launching pad for my career. It was very challenging, yet rewarding. I am very thankful the time I was at Aptean. I learned a lot of great things I'm able to use everyday with my new employer.

Cons

A lot of restructuring was unnerving but it is to be expected after a merger/acquisition.

2. Too many changes in so little time

Former Employee - Associate Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aptean (Less than a year)

Pros

The coworkers make coming to the office bearable. They are willing to give new graduates a chance and provide decent training

Cons

Management was disconnected from the regular employees. Too many changes were made in such a short amount of time, including letting hardworking employees go

Advice to Management

Try to retain the good employees and make the work environment more enjoyable

3. Great Career Development Opportunities

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aptean full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aptean really puts you on the fast track when it comes to career development. They just launched career development plans for every employee which is awesome. I have learned so much in such a short time frame and I have never seen any other company investing so much into training (e.g. boot camps, management training). What you learn at Aptean in one year would take you five years easily at any other place

Cons

Lot's of changes in the past but the new Exec team has a solid strategy in place which has already proven to work.

Advice to Management

Stick to your strategy

5. Good place to learn for recent grads

Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aptean full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was given a lot of responsibility early on which made for an excellent opportunity to grow; decent culture and vibe prior to recent lay offs; great people - everyone is extremely smart and capable which makes it easy to work with them; nice to work for a company where the CEO knows your name

Cons

"Growth strategy" that does not include net new business but M&A is reminiscent of fattening a pig up before slaughtering it; salary is the lowest of the low for the industry; products are mediocre and all over the place

Operations Manager

I worked at Aptean full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Aptean is built from the merger of several different companies. Some of them had employees that are some of the best/smartest people I have ever worked with. If you live outside of the area of the corporate offices working from home is a real benefit.

Cons

Management makes no effort to retain employees. Employees are graded on a stacked ranking system. Compensation is below average. Management thinks they know whats best and will make uninformed decisions that impact all levels of the company without consulting the employees that work at the levels to understand the decisions being made.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, make some real effort to retain your people and take the time to listen to and at least consider the opinions and advice of your engineers before setting unreasonable goals and timetables.

Consultant

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The coworkers (not management) are great only if they stick around. It's a fun atmosphere in the office. Intelligent people.

Cons

The management team is lacking in all aspects. There are few managers who now how to be leaders. If you want to be asked to do more, see your incentives taken away, and receive no increase in salary then this is the place for your.

Advice to Management

Stop messing around. It's been 3 years since the merger and we still haven't grown. Everyone knows a 4 round of layoffs is coming during Christmas. Fire all middle management and then resign.

Uncertainty

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

I worked in the Indianapolis office for over seven years. Although there were many changes the executive and managers in the office were always approachable and forthcoming with information.

Cons

After the merger there were so many changes. Within two years there was at least 2-3 CEOs. How can you effectively operate a company when there is not stability at the top. The current CEO came to the Indy office on a Thursday to announce her position as CEO on a Thursday, that following Monday there was another meeting to announce she was now the CEO and then there was a massive RIF. Because of all the changes and restructuring, I was always uncertainty whether I would have a job or if my office would remain open.

Disconnected Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Aptean full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Willing to give new graduates a chance

Cons

Then they kill that chance with poor management and training

Advice to Management

Put managers in the same office as their employees.

Too much uncertainty

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There are not a lot of reasons that I would recommend that anyone work for Aptean. The turnover and uncertainty is ridiculous.

Cons

Below market salaries, constantly shifting priorities. uncertain future, no continuity, revolving door management, misleading bonus promises, skewed hiring practices, Vista Equity standard operating procedures.

I just don't think they are going to get it right

I have been working at Aptean full-time

Pros

Great people, nice work life bal

Cons

More concerned about process than people. Disconnected management Weak product lines

Advice to Management

Why don't you ask your employees how to fix things? You make so many changes without understanding how it impacts other pieces of the puzzle

RSS Feed </> Embed