Aptuit

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Getting better

ProsNew management team seems to have a clear vision.
    Becoming a leader in pre-clinincal outsourcing.
    Great science. Improvement in structure and accountability.
    Improved communication to employees.
    I

ConsStill in very early stages of growth so it's difficult to get resources.
    Culture is still forming. Needs to be a better balance between big Pharma and small CRO cultures.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that not all employees are motivated to move at light speed.
    There are a lot of employees who are happy doing just what they have been doing. You need to invest more in regular communication with employees.

Unique and challenging

ProsThe management team as well as associates are great to work with. Hard working dedicated individuals committed to the science.

ConsVarious site closures throughout country.
    Lots of reorganization efforts

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more assistance for employees to obtain new jobs once a site has closed.

Great Environment for Innovative Thinkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsIdeas from employees were taken seriously. Niche industry, so if you learn quick, lots of opportunity for advancement.

ConsDisorganized in some ways due to being a newer company that is attempting an experimental business model.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So much potential but senior management is completely out of touch

Manager (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsI honestly can't think of a single pro....except I got to visit the Edinburgh, Scotland facility many times during my later years there

ConsSenior management is the worst I have ever encountered. I had 12 bosses in 4 years. People would come in, find out how senior management is totally beyond reason and then they would come in the middle of the night and take all their things. The next day they would resign via email. I'm talking middle management here. I was a manager for 4 years and was originally hired by Quintiles. Life was great working for them. Then a group of private investors bought 3 division and proceeded to ruin all three of them. I knew the company was going under so I got out. ALL the good managers left.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome a part of the real world. Your employees should be your most important asset - not the private jet or the $20k to move a retiring CFO's jacuzzi in the backyard of the house you bought him. Go back to grad school (if you went in the first place) and learn how to manage. Obviously you never learned this before. It is unbelievable how much bad behavior you can get away with by calling it "business." Better yet, sell whatever is left for the sake of the employees (since you obviously have no respect them) and go retire the the wonderfully expensive houses the company bought for you. It's too late to turn it around yourselves.

Unscrupulous

Finance (Former Employee)
    Greenwich, CT

ProsI can't think of one good one

ConsLack of everything....morality, leadership, direction

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the rest of the company...if anyone will take it

hard work. no reward.

ProsThe company is a typical CRO. I have learned a lot from a lot of job functions I performed.

ConsThere is no appreciation for employees contribution. Employees are not motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late!

Aptuit LLC

Director (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsChallenging environment, although energized by a team of talented resources.

ConsStatus quo mentality and competition between global sites - created an environment of turmoil and animosity between resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize the business model and re-establish confidence in resources.

The most incompetent management group I have encountered in my 30+ years working.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    West Lafayette, IN

ProsSalaries were competitive at the start and got better.

ConsLying to supervisors was expected. Managers viewed employees as expendable, with the the result that acquired companies lost their best employees within months (sometimes weeks) of acquisition. Integration of acquired companies was not possible because of conflicting and constantly-changing directives from upper mangers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how acquired companies work before making changes. Value employees at least as much as yourselves.

A mix of college and indusry.

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)
    West Lafayette, IN

Pros- Strong reputation in Solid-State Chemistry.
    - Nice locaion in the Purdue Research Park.

Cons- Uncertainty in the contract service business
    - Resist to changes

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on bottom line and performance.

Good for Gaining Experience, Bad for Experienced Employees

Scientist (Former Employee)
    Harrisonville, MO

ProsHarrisonville employees are GREAT!
    Good learning experience
    Great variety of work

ConsUpper management does not seem to have a clear business plan
    No opportunities or willingness of management to advance employees after first few years
    Company looks for anyway possible to save money
    Always more work than can be done in reasonable amount of time with expectation of it being done in less time to meet monthly unrealistic billables

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee retention, rather than employee replacement

Worked for Aptuit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aptuit reviews and ratings. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Aptuit employees.