Aqua Star Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Dirk Leuenberger

1. A company that's about to hit its 25 year anniversary and will be around for the next 25 years.

I have been working at Aqua Star full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

New upper management has made a HUGE difference in the atmosphere and well being of the company and its employees. It's a fast paced business environment that has challenged me and has kept me interested in learning more. Good benefits, a strong team mentality and growth opportunities. Lots of long term employees.

Cons

Heavy workloads can sometimes be a challenge.

Advice to Management

You have a strong core of experienced employees, that if given the chance, can help take the company in the direction you want it to go.

2. IT

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Aqua Star as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is fairly relaxed and the pay is average. Free soda and beverages in the break area.

Cons

The expectations placed on employees are not always clearly defined or change over time to something that employees are not in agreement with.

Advice to Management

Set clear expectations from the beginning with employees. If those expectations change, make sure you follow through with communicating them as employees may not be on board with them. It's better to find a new job than to have conflict over expectations that you don't understand.

3. unstable

Former Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aqua Star full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

An abundance of seafood samples, bus pass / parking reimbursement, gym reimbursement. The few co-workers I worked closely with, were wonderful. I established a good bond with those people.

Cons

The managers were all awful. The upper management was worse. There was a lot of the left hand doesnt know what the right hand was doing. Also, the egos and anger management of some of the employees was crazy. They cut jobs they should have kept, and kept jobs that should have been cut. Also, no real raises, and no growth potential.

5. Started out great, but it only got worse

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aqua Star full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good people (non-management), lively environment

Cons

Poor management style, gossip and a "throw you under the bus before you get in trouble" culture, bare necessity salary increase (2%), inconsistent reviews and my job changed from what I was hired to do (which I loved), into something completely different and something I hate! It seems like every other person has an "anger management" issue here, hear them yelling on the phone every day, very unsettling environment

6. Ok place to work for awhile

Current Employee - Database Support Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Database Support Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aqua Star full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good supervisors, not top heavy. Provide gym allowance and parking allowances/bus passes. Good medical and dental benefits and 401K matching.

Cons

Sometimes have to work on holidays get another day off instead of overtime. No advancement opportunities. In IT sometimes have to work from home in the evening.

RSS Feed </> Embed