Aquent

Updated November 29, 2014
3.5

Aquent Co-Founder and CEO John H. Chuang
John H. Chuang

Pros
  • They're flexible with your schedule and work life balance is important to most teams (in 18 reviews)

• The benefits are great for salaried employees and there seem to be opportunities for learning and development if you seek them out (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Microsoft also treats contractors differently than their full time employees (FTEs) (in 5 reviews)

• High turnover of agents, A very pushy company who seems to ditch the talent once they're placed in a job (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Aquent really cares about it's talent and employees

I have been working at Aquent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredible benefits - medical, dental, vision, vacation. Aquent is truly concerned about it's employees and contractors. Contractors have the option of great medical benefits through Aquent as well. People are very passionate about achieving their goals. Knowledgeable managers, VPs & SVPs.

Cons

Not sure about senior level managements level of commitment. We hear from our President from time to time but not the CEO. I think if John was a bit more involved with higher level discussions with companies we do business with, we would be much further ahead.

Hi John - please get more involved with higher level discussions with our top companies that we are trying to establish a stronger partnership with. It will go a long way! If you really want us to land the big fish, should we use the biggest, shiniest lure?

You really should be looking at Aquent

I have been working at Aquent as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

AMAZING Health Benefits! BEST I've had and they pay you for every hour you work towards them.
    Great stable of clients they work with Staples, TJX, Hasbro, CVS just to name a few. GREAT hourly rates close to what you might get if you freelance on your own.

Cons

Many candidates so can be hard to be identified by the recruiters at first, but as noted, once perform well you are looked out for.

Great place to work - good people and a relaxed atmosphere

I worked at Aquent

Pros

The people are fantastically smart and dedicated. There are simply no office politics (none that I saw) and people are very helpful and caring toward one another.

Cons

Not much communication from above; it was hard to know what the overall company vision was

Good pay, benefits, and placement

Former Employee - Digital Producer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Digital Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Aquent found a nice job for me in my field at a good pay rate. They also offer benefits like a regular employer.
    My agent regularly checked in with me and was readily available for questions. Since a bunch of Aquent contractors were at my company, they took us to lunch a few times, which was really nice, as well as scheduled coffee check-ins.

Cons

I did not experience any cons.

Aquent review

Former Employee - Agent in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Agent in Campbell, CA

I worked at Aquent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of work life balance time. Take a vacation or time off whenever. People you work with are very nice.

Cons

Management changes way too much. Such a high turnover that it's tough to formulate a solid business plan with team members constantly falling off. When I started almost 2 years ago, I've seen 14 people come and go. Insane turnover. You can't base a future on this.

My advice to the management, is don't get comfy because they will change management out all the time.

Good place to work,

I have been working at Aquent full-time

Pros

Startup like environment. Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Less opportunity to grow on a technical path.

Great experience if you work with a good recruiter

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

There are great recruiters who really take the time to understand what your skills are and match you with the best jobs. Others don't seem to have that skill or commitment. They have a good variety of jobs.

Cons

If you get a bad recruiter, then it's hard to find a good job match. I'd recommend asking for a new recruiter if the one you're working with doesn't seem to be helping you find a job.

There is no paid time off, no matter how long you work on contracts for Aquent. I appreciate the great health benefits, but would like to see some paid time off after 6 months or a year.

Well-known clients and interesting projects. Great experience overall

I worked at Aquent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well-known and respected clients, interesting projects, benefits include health/dental/401k. Weekly pay. Recruiters are genuinely vested in your success.

Cons

No financial cushion when a project ends. After a year of dedication to a government client, it was disheartening to see other contractors, even those who arrived after I did, get a 2 week severance pay when the contract ended. Aquent doesn't offer this. Best advice is to have a job lined up before your assignment ends. Recruiters try their best to find you other work but nothing is guaranteed.

In every other area you're doing great work. To improve morale, consider providing a modest severance pay to longstanding employees who become unemployed after contracts end.

This company works very well with their employees

Former Employee - Technical Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Engaging recruiters, helpful employee services, supportive of their employees.

Cons

Coming from a more technical background, after my first job, they could not offer further placement help.

Stick with your creative people and leave the technical people with more suitable companies.

Gets you the job. Pays consistently. Provides basic insurance package

Current Employee - Drupal Developer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Drupal Developer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Aquent as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

These guys move fast. If there is a job out there, they will hunt you down, get you an interview, if you crack it, off you go after signing the paperwork.
    The pay is good. They pay weekly.

Cons

Hardly any benefits
    Once you are with the client, no followups.

Consider giving your tech consultants access to subscriptions like lynda.com or other resources. It enables them to do a better job, solve problems at work, ultimately putting more money in Aquent's hands by being an inseparable part of the client team.

Aquent Photos