Aquion Energy

Updated Jan 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Spectacular growth opportunity with a product that will change the world.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsStellar atmosphere; the entire team (and it is a team) is focused on product development and launch. Lots of responsibility to make decisions that impact the organization as a whole.

ConsAs a start-up, processes are ill-defined or non-existent. Much job training is limited to a few hours or days of shadowing, then "good luck!" Long hours and stress to meet deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be engaged in the nitty-gritty of processes and product development to ensure goals are realistic. Develop concrete goals that "cascade" down the organization so everyone feels connected to the launch plan.

On a downward trend.

ProsPay is market rate, people are nice, some employees are world class, benefits are excellent.

ConsIt became a corporate environment overnight. Upper management is skilled but middle management lies to them. Scientists and engineers are top rate, but often ignored. Middle management is largely incompetent. Every department is a silo, and they all hate each other. Being overly ambitious is the only way to get promoted. Or go to lunch with a VP.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up. It's over. Fall on your sword.

This was a chaotic environment.

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsCompany culture is promising on paper.

ConsThis company's focus is on individual contribution, not teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee ability not likeability.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unorganized Chaos

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe company has a unique product idea

ConsInexperienced First Level Management. Highly educated Engineers and Scientists who don't work well together.

Worked for Aquion Energy? Contribute to the Community!