Arab Banking Reviews
Pros – ABC is a leading Arab bank
Cons – Losses incurred in the past
Advice to Senior Management – .
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
Pros – - Great work life balance
- Decent compensation
- Bahrain is a fairly comfortable and cheap place to live in.
- The bank takes care of its employees.
Cons – - Leadership is extremely weak
- Nationality bias in the selection of senior management (a heavy glass ceiling seen)
- Originality of thinking and creativity are not encouraged much.
Advice to Senior Management – - Change the incentive and promotion structure for the bank.
- Remove nationality and other biases in selection of senior management.
- Senior management should not blindly follow the advice of some western consultants who take them for a ride.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
“little mundane in terms of work environment, however people willing to support one another whole way through...”
Pros – family style organization, very personal no bureaucracy, good learning curves and talented individuals in which to learn from...
Cons – very slow at times, boring work environment, working styles old fashioned. working hours mish smashed with 8am starts and 4pm finishes with no lunch break. people always being away within the firm on trips and holidays. cost cutting made very obvious within the firm and ridiculously
Advice to Senior Management – value employers who present great competence, include junior level people in the work more rather than giving very tedious tasks which do not spark any excitement and rigor.
Pros – Established bank, renowned shareholders, vary of products and services offered
Cons – Bureaucracy, not focused, should take care of their human talents
Advice to Senior Management – Need to be more open to ideas and keep an open mind