Arbinet

Shawn F. O'Donnell

a

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arbinet full-time for more than a year

ProsIt was fun while it lasted.

ConsIt does not exist anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sell the company.

Was a good place to work

Herndon, VA

I have been working at Arbinet full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe technical location in Herndon VA was a great place to work - before everyone got laid off. Smart and friendly employees. The Herndon based upper management wasnt bad to work with.

ConsNJ upper management was a revolving door, filled with people with bad ideas and interested in their own well being.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts a shame the management destroyed a great company.

Demeding work but fun people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Arbinet

ProsGreat people, good technology to get work done

ConsManagement, too many changes in a short time span

Advice to Senior ManagementDidnt have to sell the company

Not Good

Carrier Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Arbinet

ProsGood place to gain experience and build your contacts. Fast paced work environment helps you improve your time management skills.

ConsThis company does not pay. Horrible base salary compared to others doing the exact same thing. They cap your commissions so there really is no point on blowing out your number. If you are looking for a raise... forget about it... they do not exist. Poor upper management, the board of directors has zero clue on how to run a company therefore the upper management is a revolving door. Overall, a poorly run company that has no business being public.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They are the eyes and ears of the organization.

not a great place to work, people are not valued, poor/constantly changing upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Arbinet

Prosnow located on broad st in NY, so location is desirable for some. Good for stepping stone, resume building, great experience working in a small fast-paced, hectic environment, for building time management skills, working with a good group of people.

ConsAwful upper management that doesn't appreciate the worker bees who get most of the stuff done at the company. Lots of pointing fingers, no accountability from anyone about the fatal flaws of the business. Everyone I knew there and still know is extremely unhappy. Always try to bring in higher levels from other big name companies to solve their problems, but it never works. Training and development is a very low priority for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the people, reward high performers, invest in training programs, pay attention to those that are getting away with doing nothing and get rid of them.

A great learning experience

I have been working at Arbinet full-time for more than a year

ProsYou just didn't feel like a number. All the executives, including the CEO, knew your name and acknowledged you for all the hard work. The people that work there are the BEST.

ConsWork/Life Balance was not the best especially with so many attending events.

Worked for Arbinet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arbinet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arbinet CEO Shawn F. O'Donnell. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Arbinet employees.