Arbitration Forums

Updated February 5, 2015
1.7

Russ Smith
1 Rating

Arbitration Forums, Inc. - an excellent workplace to call home.

Current Employee - N/A in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - N/A in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Arbitration Forums

Pros

Arbitration Forums is an excellent place to work for many reasons. First, its a relatively small employer, which allows important decisions to be made at almost all levels. Second, because we're small, we get to wear many hats. I never feel like I've been stuck doing the same thing over and over. We've been a services company until recently. Now, we're becoming a software company, because we write all of the software that is used to drive our core business on the internet. While we've been a relatively small company for a while, we are moving into an era where we're becoming larger, to meet the process needs of our software development. It is a challenging yet exciting time at Arbitration Forums.

Cons

In comparison to other jobs I've held, there are relatively few downsides to Arbitration Forums. There are some current challenges that come along with our move into a more process driven company. We've made project management a priority in the recent past, and while that is overall a good thing, it does cause some speed bumps while implementing it for the first time. It used to be that our projects were loosely defined, and could change on a whim and were never locked into a set delivery date. Now, we're much more date driven, and sometimes that feels as if we're attempting to meet a date that has no meaning other that to internal folks. However, in the long run, "Process" will make it easier to deliver excellent product to our customers in a timely (at least predictable) fashion.

Be certain to show your vision to the troops on a regular basis. While our new CEO does a relatively good job of this, it's not always apparent from the rest of the Senior Team, and they're often the ones that the employees have more contact with. Communicating the goals and plans succinctly will make it easier for lower level folks to understand the specific direction of the company, and motivate themselves to give their best effort every day.

HR who knows nothing about IT dictates whole company and calls shots

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Arbitration Forums

Pros

There is none if you are talented or has vast experience in IT industry. This place is run by some highly non-professional IT folks who lacks knowledge, skills and vision. it's not their faults as they are with AF since long time and have no idea about management /leadership skills. highly immature managers who are not qualified to lead the team and recruiting unskilled worker and at the same time demotivating good employee.

Cons

HR department pokes their nose into every matter which is not related to their department and has no business but HR director has no other work then making policies which screws employee. They are having good business due to luck as there is no competitor and that is the reason even with ready made applications and inferior quality still members not running away or can't run away. top management behaves like dictator and they never listen new idea or innovative solutions and sticks to old fashioned mediocre work culture. you have to badge in and out and not to watch this or that website and you can't work from home often but you can definitely sit 8 hrs idle to warm your chair in office.

Hire skilled worker and stop body shopping. HR should stay out of IT dept and should have no role in any IT decision at all.

Arbitration Forums - Not worth the time.

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Arbitration Forums

Pros

The benefits are the only reason I remained with this company. They are very disorganized and the management is simply clueless in how to run a business. I felt as though we were an experimental company being run by a college business class. I've been a part of Junior Achievement groups that had better management.

Cons

See above - horrendous work experience.

To truly obtain quality, you must truly FOCUS on quality, no just through the word around because you like the way it tickles your tongue.

Arbitration Forums Response

Jun 3, 2013HR Director

I am sorry the Member Service Representative felt the way they did when they wrote this review.

Arbitration Forums, Inc. (AF) has been in business for over 70 years servicing the insurance
    ... More

Arbitration Forums Photos

A great place to work!
Our number 1 priority is our Members!
Our Member Service Representatives are always smiling!

+ Add Photo