Arbonne International Reviews

Reset

Fantastic to employees

Current Employee - In IT in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - In IT in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that is so positive, wonderful to the employees, celebrates all of the great things that happen in life and also supports the ones in need. Arbonne gives back to each and every employee more than just a pay check. From the Executive level down to the warehouse Arbonne cares about each and everyone of us. It is a motivating place to go to each day.

Cons

There is not enough time in the day to play at Arbonne.

Advice to Management

Keep up the recognition... employees like to win trips too.

2. The Power to Transform Your Life and the Lives of Others

Current Employee - Arbonne Independent Consultant in Hatteras, NC
    Current Employee - Arbonne Independent Consultant in Hatteras, NC

I have been working at Arbonne International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

“At Arbonne, we take nature’s gifts as inspiration, and blend it with high science and true innovation. Each and every product is carefully formulated and crafted with potent botanicals to enhance your beauty, health and wellness. And improve your life, inside and out.”

Cons

Your potential is unlimited. There is no down side to this business. It is truly amazing.

Good products, but hard to sell

Former Employee - Independent Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Independent Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Arbonne International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent products, good support from corporate office, flexible schedule (you make your own hours), some people are very successful, good bonuses

Cons

Large overhead "encouraged", starter kit does NOT include what you need, high cost for more materials and samples, products are very expensive

Advice to Management

Lower cost of some of the products, include more marketing materials in the starter kit, and also include some products so consultants don't have to buy everything to start.

Amazing Opportunity

Current Employee - District Manager, Independent Consultant in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - District Manager, Independent Consultant in Reno, NV

I have been working at Arbonne International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pure, Safe, and Beneficial. Company is all about giving back. Work is independent and can be challenging. There are numerous opportunities for bonuses and even earning a white Mercedes. Do More of What Makes You Awesome

Cons

A lot of people quit before giving it a chance. If people would just give it a full year and work before quitting they would more likely see the real opportunities available.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! You are where we all strive to be. Thanks for leading by example. You are all awesome.

DC worker

Former Employee - Picker Backend Loader in Greenwood, IN
    Former Employee - Picker Backend Loader in Greenwood, IN

I worked at Arbonne International (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, free product, benefits were good when started but are falling.fee good managers

Cons

Management is terrible, favoritism is just as bad. Bad raises, they do not want to hear any bad things about the work environment . HR is just as bad they talk to the employees in a very negative way. They have people leaving to go to different companies and don't replace them so everyone else has to work longer harder and faster with no rewards at all.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees they are the driving force to your company!!! Look at better raises and promotions. You have some awesome people there and they will go some place else, and then it's your loss.

Arbonne International Response

Jul 13, 2015 – Staffing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. Arbonne truly values our employees and your concerns are important to us. As a company with a rich 35-year history, our goal has ... More

needs to improve work environment

I worked at Arbonne International full-time

Pros

Learn about the industry and products.

Cons

Very high turnover rate at the management level. They do not value the hard workers.

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep talented employees

Amazing and Misunderstood Company

Current Employee - Independent Consultant - Life Coach
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant - Life Coach

Pros

Network Marketing is the most misunderstood business model, but also the fastest growing. Simply put, we are business owners without a physical location...we can run our business from anywhere...and bring our products and the business to you house, your business, have presentations, one-on-ones, you can purchase online....we simply eliminated the distribution chain and retail space usually seen in most business models. In my particular success line, My experience is nothing short of amazing. But just like any organization, the leaders set the tone for the rest of the employees...and I am lucky to have some very humble, gracious leaders who pass their experience to their downline, and we are all one giant family that help each other.

Cons

I personally have no negative experiences to list, but I have heard of some consultants who don't have the positive experiences that I have, and it seems to be because of lack of leadership...

Advice to Management

Treat your Corporate Office IT people better.

Very Diificult Place To Work For

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA

Pros

Our customer base is a great group of people,

Cons

I have never seen a company fire people so easily, very disturbing! There is way to much favoritism in this location. Does not matter how hard you work you are judged on all the wrong things.-

Advice to Management

When it comes to adherence everything is not created equal,

10. Manager

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Larkspur, CA
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to work part-time and have a successful home-based business! Incredible culture that is both supportive and inspiring! Allows for time freedom and life by design.

Cons

You have to remember that this is a job, not a hobby.

IT

Current Employee - IT Worker in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - IT Worker in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Huge discounts on products. Some smart people. Fairly flexible work schedule.

Cons

Heavy politics - walls of silence and you get to know what's going on only if they deem it to be so. If you're in the inner circle, you'll get some info; if not...well, you might just be shown the door. Many people who are happy to work in a reactive mode. This means living hours upon hours online fixing problems seems to be easier than taking lessons learned and spending the effort to avoid the problems. There are many periods of round the clock work fixing problems that are caused by stupid mistakes. A huge portion of the code isn't owned by Arbonne and the vendors who produce the code are not held to task for lack of adequate testing or design/code review. This presents a groundhog day scenario every time a major push is made. This is a HUGE roadblock to IT being successful...the tech is outdated and brittle. Money is spent on shiny, new tech as a whim and if it doesn't succeed, the failures are covered up or blamed on those not in the inner-circle power structure. Corporation doesn't take IT seriously as a whole, yet the future of the corporation depends on technology. It's probably better than most MLM corporations, but still...this ain't Amazon. There is no cohesive vision across IT, feels like they aren't decisive and that could be fatal. Interviews are often done by the leadership team alone, not the future direct reports or peers.

Advice to Management

The entire corporation needs to care about IT and the technologies that come out of the department. Teams need to hear the bad as well as the "polished turd" good news. There needs to be clarity and plans to improve that are highly visible. The throwing jobs to vendors who are former colleagues bit has got to stop; they're not cutting it. Dissenting voices need to be listened to, if they have value that needs to be considered. Give direction and vision to the team. This could be a great place to work, but right now, many folks are just drones and not driven by excellence. You just got rid of a bunch of people who didn't fit the agenda, but there are still many people who aren't proactive and aggressive when it comes to changing the way we do things. Folks who have to be told that they need to get more skills often don't get better, because they're comfortable in the mud. Bringing in new leadership in IT without a clear vision of what the next steps are is a bad idea. Also any new leadership that comes into an organization without requesting to meet some of the members of their new teams; should be a warning sign (just some friendly advice you don't want dictators or people who only care about the job if you're trying to foster a culture of innovation and ownership).

Arbonne International Response

Jul 13, 2015 – Staffing Specialist

Thank you for voicing your concerns- they are important to me. I value my team's feedback and would like to address your concerns in more detail. To summarize, this is what I believe your thoughts ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed