Arby's

Updated November 16, 2014
Updated November 16, 2014
3.2

Paul Brown

Pros
  • The management teams are easy to work with and very accessible (in 10 reviews)

• You get 50% discount on all food and occasionally they give you free food (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • EVERYTHING except paperwork is put onto crew members, who get paid minimum wage (in 17 reviews)

• Low pay, on rare occasions will anybody EVER get a raise (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

To keep employees you might want to treat them nice.

Former Employee - Slave in Webb City, MO
    Former Employee - Slave in Webb City, MO

I worked at Arby's part-time

Pros

Customers and it is a job. Some fun people to work with.

Cons

Having to work with Reginal Manager's in Southwest Missouri who act more like a bully rather than professional. Lots if favoritism within this company. Favorites, rudeness, no good pros at all.

Treat your employees nice and you might be able to keep some of the good ones. Also constructive criticism goes a long way rather than making people feel like nothing they do is ever good enough. That is why I no longer work for them.

Verbally abused since third month working here.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Vineland, NJ
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Vineland, NJ

I have been working at Arby's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very clean and puts FIFO protocol at top priority. Never keeps bad product.

Cons

Management is downright abusive of the employees. A lot of gossip and favoritism. No respect for crew members. Corporate does nothing to fight back against verbal abuse from management, even when reported. Training is horrible-- mostly have to learn from having to do things under pressure rather than being taught.

There is a fine line between a LEADER and a BOSS. Try being a leader for once and respect and guide those beneath you rather than force them to do everything for you and treat them badly.

Horrible Training Great Coworkers

Former Employee - Team Member in Waverly, OH
    Former Employee - Team Member in Waverly, OH

I worked at Arby's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people were always friendly. The service was always good.

Cons

The lack of Training and Trained Managers who respect everyone.

Please make sure that everyone is trained for at least a week.
    I was trained on fries the first day. Then my GM gave me the guide on how to make the sandwiches. She said I would learn line. I was never taught line. Instead the shift manager had me close kitchen two nights in a row. The first I was barely trained just given a list of when to have the tasks done, shown how to do dishes and given different chemicals to clean with but not shown how to clean the equipment. The second night I was let go for not developing a speed.

Terrible to work for, no respect for employees.

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Arby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food, flexible scheduling, worked at a good store

Cons

The company treats it's employees terribly. Terrible pay

Pay people and treat people what they are worth.

arbys is not a great place

I have been working at Arby's

Pros

Food is ok. i like the roast beef

Cons

They pay the employees crap

My work experience at Arby's was horrible. I disliked the way they treated new employees.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Salem, OR

I worked at Arby's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discount on Jamocha Shakes and curly fries was the only Pro.

Cons

The process of handling food such being expected to pull out the roast beef from the oven with your bare hands was a major con. Most managers there were rude and would huff and roll their eyes if I had questions. I Another major con was limited hours. I did not see the point of being hire only to have a 9 hour work week. Often they would out me down for a 4 hour shift and send me home after 2 hours because they wanted me to work during the busy lunch rush; company rules stated that I could not be scheduled for less than hours per shift. I felt used and abused.The people in charge to train were not helpful nor willing to train and explain properly. There was extreme favoritism as well and no professionalism.

Respect your employees and take the time to properly train new employees.

Crew member review

I have been working at Arby's

Pros

Work is relatively uncomplicated and easy to learn

Cons

Very poor management who often blame you for their mistakes
    Co-workers are often the same
    Low pay

Don't try and blame the crew for your own mistakes.

Terrible to work for, no respect for employees

I worked at Arby's

Pros

The food is free for employees and the scheduling is generally fairly flexible. Generally a lot of leeway with days off because they think employees are disposable.

Cons

Poor centralized administration. No respect for employees. No consideration for the difficulty of policy implementation. Fails to ensure that stores have what they need with regards to equipment.

Why I hate working at Arby's

Current Employee - Crew Member in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Arby's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've learned to really read between the lines of how customers want their food made a certain way. For instance, if a customer says that he wants a chicken fillet sandwich with only lettuce and tomatoes, I will infer that he does not want the mayonnaise on it. Every guest I help will not always be direct.

Cons

Two of the management staff members I work with strongly exhibit a false sense of entitlement every time they see a crew member with something such as food/snacks etc. The environment and hours is unstable. One of them told me that I better bring them something back from Chicago. Really? You make more money than me as a general store manager and you have the bold nerve to demand I bring you something back from my trip? And you get benefits? That isn't right. I barely make enough money already and I gets no benefits. I'm not bringing you nothing back from Chicago. Coveted spirits from management (the desire to have what belongs to someone else) runs rampage toward me like I owe them something. It is ridicules. And another frustrating thing is that sometimes they are on a smoke break and socializing when we need them the most. My need for personal growth and development is neglected here. I am not really learning anything. There is too much favoritism and double standards going on. Too much negative energy surrounds me in this dreadful place, I hate it. I will not suck up to them to get along with them and I am definitely not their punching bag.

That cigarette break can wait. How about you wait and help the crew out when we get busy.

Industry unsatisfactory

Former Employee - General Manager in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are exceptionally great opportunities to advance with Arbys. I worked with the company for 4 years and was promoted 4 times within 2.5 years. They definitely focus on people development, however, this industry does not have a large profit margin for each product they produce, resulting in the inability to support financial needs of management or hourly employee staff.

Cons

Industry as a whole cannot afford they talent they need to function effectively.

Be the obvious choice for talented people to work for in regards to salary opportunities