Arby's

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014

3.2

Paul Brown

Pros
  • The management teams are easy to work with and very accessible (in 10 reviews)

• Flexible schedules, discounts on food while working (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • EVERYTHING except paperwork is put onto crew members, who get paid minimum wage (in 16 reviews)

• long hours, and upper management does not care about you (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Not bad for a first or summer job.

Former Employee - Fast Food Worker  in  Burlington, CO
    Former Employee - Fast Food Worker in Burlington, CO

Pros

The team was great. Definatly the best place in town to work as far as fast food goes. Very flexible with the schedule at my location. Hired very high quality employees at my location. Good incentives to work hard such as contests, bonuses, etc at my location.

Cons

Lower pay that some competitors.

Perks at my location were good. TMTP training was a little simple but definatly a step in the right direction. Menu changes too often and it makes it difficult on stores to prepare for the day.

A great first job

Pros

Arby's is a fast food company but is not as popular as others. Therefore is is not as labor intensive as other similar paying jobs, because on average it doesn't get as busy there as say McDonald's.

Cons

When there aren't customers you will be bored. You may honestly spend more time cleaning than serving customers if you don't work the lunch or dinner shifts.

Wonderful

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  Milledgeville, GA
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Milledgeville, GA

Pros

Coworkers are good to work with

Cons

The pay could be better

Keep up the good job

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for an independently owned store was a great experience in which I learned a lot and was well taken care of.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Athens, GA

Pros

Experience, leadership, learning, managing people, and customer service skills!!

Cons

Being bought out by corporate office in which new management was put in place removing current managers from their positions.

Ensure corporate managers are charismatic and able to manage people respectfully.

Industry unsatisfactory

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

There are exceptionally great opportunities to advance with Arbys. I worked with the company for 4 years and was promoted 4 times within 2.5 years. They definitely focus on people development, however, this industry does not have a large profit margin for each product they produce, resulting in the inability to support financial needs of management or hourly employee staff.

Cons

Industry as a whole cannot afford they talent they need to function effectively.

Be the obvious choice for talented people to work for in regards to salary opportunities

good company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, NC

Pros

good work environment, mostly slow paced, lovely co-workers

Cons

The managers were fired frequently so we always had to become accustomed to new management. This was an issue for some employees at times. It seemed as if the "little people" were overlooked for higher up positions

value the little people

Arby's Response

Jun 11, 2014HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to make our company better. Many of us started out with the company as a Team Member at one point in our career. Dream Big and Work Hard ... More

Easy basic work with good coworkers.

Former Employee - Team Member - Cashier, Drive Thru, Runner  in  Valrico, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member - Cashier, Drive Thru, Runner in Valrico, FL

Pros

50% discount on food
    When it's slow you get to talk to coworkers
    When it's fast time goes by fast

Cons

Sometimes coworkers don't do what they're supposed to.
    I had one lazy manager that made others do her work.
    No raises

Give employees raises the longer they are there. I was there for 2 years and the only time I got a raise was when minimum wage went up.

Great food, horrible management and work environment.

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Good food, small discount, and its a job. SOME managers are okay.

Cons

Managers promise raises then can't seem to get the paperwork done, training manual never gets attention then they wonder why no one can do their job right. Very high turnover rate. Crappy hours no more than twenty or thirty a week for "full time" and consequence for any possible overtime. Management is very unprofessional in regards to food handling, customer service, and in dealing with employees. Little to no chance for promotion unless you happen to be a high school drop out with no other ambitions than working fast food for the rest of your life. Told you can't be in management unless you have a working vehicle of which only two out of five have. You also don't get any benefits unless you do claw your way into management. On top of that every piece of equipment is constantly breaking and or leaking and sometimes doesn't get fixed for months at a time due to "cost" and or bonus opportunities.

Pay attention to your employees, if your employees are doing better jobs than your management then there's a problem. Highly advise closer watch on certain fx4 branches management has become entirely unprofessional. There is a difference between being slightly strict or blunt versus insulting and or literally pushing employees out of the way for not cashing orders, pre-bumping, and finishing food orders fast enough.

The company has great and fresh food.

Pros

The company prides itself on fresh food, so there are not too many customer complaints about quality.

Cons

The company doesn't care much for the hourly employees; nothing as far as benefits or pay raises.

I would say there needs to be more appreciation for the employees. This includes not speaking in other languages the whole day where the only one or two white people feel alianated.

Temporary

Former Employee - Line Cook  in  Lost Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Lost Hills, CA

Pros

Part time which allowed me to fit it into my school schedule
    My duties were always the same

Cons

Notr much opportunity for schooling other that money

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!