Arby's Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
3.2

Paul Brown

Pros
  • The management teams are easy to work with and very accessible (in 10 reviews)

• Flexible schedules, discounts on food while working (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • EVERYTHING except paperwork is put onto crew members, who get paid minimum wage (in 17 reviews)

• Low pay, on rare occasions will anybody EVER get a raise (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

I LOVE working for this company!

I have been working at Arby's

Pros

I love working for this company! They are very understanding and rewarding. We have fun competitions and even won $200!!

Cons

Doing the same thing every day.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Positive first job.

I worked at Arby's

Pros

Best thing was how I was treated by management.

Cons

Hot in the back making sandwiches. Rude customers sometimes.

Become more involved with workers.

Pretty good! Easy!

Current Employee - Backline in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Backline in Erie, PA

I have been working at Arby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's an easy job! I can have help to do the things I need if I need it which is nice compared to other jobs I have worked.

Cons

Management really doesn't help out much, and some eat so much! Wish I could eat and get breaks!

I wish I could get a free meal while I was working or at least free fries. Or even a break. There's times I never brought something to eat and I was starving.

I love my job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Arby's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have a great time at work, my crew and I have developed acceptable ways to relieve stress at work in such a way our customers think we are just having fun. We have to cooperate and work as a team at night and the majority of my crew get along well and are excellent team players. My boss is awesome, although sometimes too nice for her own good. My district manager is a great source of information and has no problem answering any question I may come up with.

Cons

The biggest challenge.....is our hiring pool in our area. Finding good people, who work hard, well follow directions and will show up is challenging. I know I can be challenging to my GM, only because I am always wanting to learn more, know more. So sometimes I do drive her nuts.

Offer more advanced training for assistant managers who are interested in learning more not just for those who may want to move up higher in the company

General Manager Job and salary

I worked at Arby's

Pros

Pay good for job requirements, if you can find the right team all will run smoothly. Management usually easy to work schedule with

Cons

Only cons are the normal in a ny customer service. Need to keep calm when busy but move and work as a team. Treat customers with respect no matter how they react to you

Best job to have while going to college

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Spokane, WA

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The general manager I had was amazing. He didn't play favorites, and made going to work enjoyable. Arby's is a very clean fast food joint and they held each of us up to that high standard, which made me feel good about eating at other Arby's. It was very flexible about school hours which was great.

Cons

There weren't any benefits, except a 401k which was better than nothing. I don't really have anything bad to say about the company policies or anything, just ended up working with frustrating co-wokers; same as any other job.

They should remember that they hire adults, not just high school kids. The little Christmas bonus we got and other little things here and there were definitely geared towards high school mentalities.

I had a good 2 1/2 year experience.

Former Employee - Team Trainer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Team Trainer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good reasons to work for Arbys is how well everyone works together to help make sure the customer is satisfied. The managers were tough but they continue to help you grow as an employee. You work as a team to complete orders and I like teamwork.

Cons

You will always have an upset customer but you will have to try and help that customer. Sometimes during rushes it will get a little crazy but you have to step up and make sure everything is right so the customer leaves satified.

good

Current Employee - General Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Arby's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good pay and good benefits

Cons

lazy team but friendly environment

good job

Not bad for a first or summer job.

Former Employee - Fast Food Worker in Burlington, CO
    Former Employee - Fast Food Worker in Burlington, CO

I worked at Arby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team was great. Definatly the best place in town to work as far as fast food goes. Very flexible with the schedule at my location. Hired very high quality employees at my location. Good incentives to work hard such as contests, bonuses, etc at my location.

Cons

Lower pay that some competitors.

Perks at my location were good. TMTP training was a little simple but definatly a step in the right direction. Menu changes too often and it makes it difficult on stores to prepare for the day.

A great first job

I have been working at Arby's

Pros

Arby's is a fast food company but is not as popular as others. Therefore is is not as labor intensive as other similar paying jobs, because on average it doesn't get as busy there as say McDonald's.

Cons

When there aren't customers you will be bored. You may honestly spend more time cleaning than serving customers if you don't work the lunch or dinner shifts.