Arby's Reviews

Reset

1. Cashier,Team Member

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, GA

I have been working at Arby's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It may be a good experience working with others,and connecting as a team and I may receive personal/financial benefits.

Cons

The temperature may rise excessively when in cooking zone.

Advice to Management

A fair amount of more efficient service providers are needed.

2. You want a raise?

I have been working at Arby's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No drug test, they will work with your schedule school/ 2nd job. Most co-workers are nice, but slackers are paid the same as you.

Cons

people that have worked there for 6+ years make the same as a kid fresh off the street. I have seen a lot of people come and go through those doors Managers have their favorites and they show it people getting preferred hours while hard workers get theirs cut to nothing guess it pays to be lazy as long as the boss likes to hangout and talk with you.

Advice to Management

Don't tell the crew what you make for bonuses...hint your making them off OUR hard work and we can't get a raise...also a little praise goes a long way

3. Great job

Current Employee - Cashier in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Cashier in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at Arby's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my crew and smiling all the time. You have to be a people person to work at a "fast food" place. My favorite line when a customer tells me it was fast getting it out is "we don't call is fast food for nothin!"

Cons

Hateful customers! But I always bounce back! Grease isn't the best and we were dark uniforms in any weather but hey it pays the bills.

Advice to Management

Keep your head up.

5. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Store Manager in Kenton, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Kenton, OH

I have been working at Arby's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of quality customer interactions, small enough to care about individual employees

Cons

Heavy workload, micromanagement from ARG

6. Employee

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Arby's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and co workers are mostly friendly. Return customers that you get to know. Shift leaders up to GM are generally hands on depending on the area. If you have a major problem with how things are run the contact number given will randomly generate to a corporate higher up.( I got the vice CEO i believe) Very flexible scheduled for employees

Cons

minimum wage (had a coworker that had been there for 16+ years and had completed TMTP book and only just got a raise to like 8.50). VERY HIGH employee turn over due to several changes in policy and low wages/pay. District Manager level and above will listen to employee ideas but you can easily see in their eyes that they think your just trying to to complain. ( As i have had happen all the way up to my regional manger). Opening employee (cause there is only 1 until 9) will have to juggle slicing all the meat and baking all the necessary food for the day and on the weekend there will be nearly triple the amount of stuff to do. No fixed work schedules make balancing fair hours with worker experience and time of day very difficult. i.e. an anticipated rush at 4:30 (it always happens to us) and there are 2 employees and 1 manager, one employee is trained to do just about everything in the environment, the manager had to step out, and the other employee can only due front line register. The first employee gets the extreme honor of handling back line,fryer expediting and drive-thru.). Hot environment (recommend lots of water.) May be sent on forced break with in ten minutes of clocking in.

Advice to Management

Help your employees and let them help you. if you have a person in backroom let them focus on the stuff their back there to do so it gets done. Teach employees to slightly bend day dot stickers so that there easier to remove and to remove them BEFORE putting them in the dish water to avoid the gunk the is left behind. If hiring manager tell the truth about the extreme rarity and low chances of pay increase and promotion

7. Previous manager

Former Employee - School Staff in Hurricane, UT
    Former Employee - School Staff in Hurricane, UT

I worked at Arby's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked int he Hurricane Utah branch. There was a defenate team working enviroment. The GM knew her job well and helped her team to preform and love there positions.

Cons

pay was minimal and could not support my large family

Advice to Management

Pay what your people are worth if you want to keep them from moving on

8. crew leader

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

You get a 50% discount on food.

Cons

Poor organization, they never can keep a full crew, if your a sandwich maker you are probably going solo through lunch rush because they only hire minors and minors can't work the sandwich line. They also only give vacations if you've been working 40 plus hours per week all year but they only give you part time hours.

Advice to Management

Stop taking so many vacations and start making sure your employees are doing good first. Stop coming up with new sandwiches and make sandwich line move more efficiently.

9. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Arby's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Really good atmosphere.

Cons

Hard to move up. Didnt seem like they liked to promote young managers.

Advice to Management

Give your younger managers a chance.

10. I wouldn't if I were you

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Central, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Central, IN

I worked at Arby's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good for management That really is all I can think of that's good about this company

Cons

They DO NOT care about their employees AT ALL! They tried their best to get me to work on days of a showing and a funeral when a family member had passed away.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and their home life! The almighty dollar is not worth losing good employees over.

11. Arbys Review

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Arby's (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting different people and learning different stations

Cons

management can be more vocal and positive and encouraging

RSS Feed </> Embed