Arcadia Home Care and Staffing

John E. Elliott II

Great Company

Current Employee - CNA in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - CNA in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of the few home care companies that really values their clients and employees. I always felt that the training I was given made it possible for me to better serve my clients and their families. A lot of opportunity for advancement if you want to grow with company.

Cons

Sometimes office staff call you to work during hours that are outside of your availability.

Keep up the good work! Try to be mindful of the reasons why people may not be able to cover a shift on short-notice.

Home Care at the Highest Standard

Current Employee - Educational Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Educational Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Arcadia is a great company to have a career with. When I started out with the company almost 15 years ago, I started as a high-level home health aide and proceeded to move into the administrative environment through scheduling, HR assisting & auditing. Through great leadership & mentoring given by senior leaders, I became part of the Corporate team as a software systems trainer for all of our administrative staff. I truly LOVE what I do and the difference I know I can make. Arcadia believes in encouragement, teaching, training, inspiring and growing those that want to grow. Is it uncomfortable at times? Sure, but the best way to grow is when caringly pushed outside of your comfort zone. Arcadia has become more of a family for me and not just a place that I work.

Cons

Wish we had a 401k match and lower cost for benefits, although I understand how expensive health insurance is for any employer. Would love to see a time off max not only by job classification level but maxed by years of service. Not that any of these are cons, but more of a wish list.

Keep on leading with excellence and being an open door of guidance, advice and assistance when needed.

Heads above the competition...

Current Employee - Risk Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Risk Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In being with Arcadia for nearly one year, I can honestly say that I have never worked for a Health Care Company, with better coordinated programs and Client-Driven structure. Each person working within the Corporate Office, offers support and training to the local offices, ensuring that our Clients are consistently provided new and inventive ways to accommodate their varying levels of care, and over-all needs. Wages and benefits are equally competitive with companies within the same market. If you're willing to work hard, there are numerous opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Employee Health Plan is not the greatest. To be expected with current ACA limitations and penalties.

Senior Leadership has great vision, and works hard at implementing new programs which keeps the job interesting. Change isn't always easy or pleasant, but the long-term vision is clear and gradually coming to fruition. I've never felt micromanaged or under-appreciated, which is quite rare in today's professional environment.

Only work here if you are desperate

Former Employee - Home Health Aide
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You can get some money. Not enough to get by, but I guess with another job it may work?

Cons

Really low pay. Minimum wage at times or $9/hr. Sometimes more. You only get short shifts for the most part (4 hours or less), the longer shifts are harder to get or with the extra annoying clients no one wants. Mileage reimbursement is a joke and they expect you to drive 50+ miles sometimes one way to take care of someone. Staff treats you poorly. Even if you are a good employee, they will always believe the client over you and every little thing the client says about you. Also it feels like you are hounded almost daily to pick up the crap shifts no one wants. It's like the office people want to guilt trip you into working all the time. Even to come in to work 2 hours.

Give people better hours, pay and maybe they will stay there.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company is very collaborative and interested in employee growth and development. Hard work is rewarded and appreciated. It is not an "easy job" - it is challenging and rewarding, however, and the management team is awesome! Compensation & Benefits are competitive and there is an annual administrative bonus.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance is off, but that is modern day "Corporate America" - we are all pushed to do more with less. At least efforts are appreciated, however!

I admire and respect our management team and their drive to take this company and its employees to the next level!

Leader in Home Care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't see myself working any where else! The office staff is always helpful, friendly, and caring. You are always able to contact someone day or night. The nurse is awesome, she is a great resource and the clients love her!

Cons

Could have better benefits.

Keep doing what your doing!

A complete waste of time working at this company

Former Employee - Client Services in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Client Services in Southfield, MI

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing (less than an year)

Pros

Never walking through the doors again

Cons

Micro-managed
    Disrespected
    Abused

Your manipulated with lies about how great this company is, told you will have a balance but you get nothing close to that. You are required to work 50+ hours a week, your salaried so no extra pay, little to no training for your job, but expected to staff several offices. You are constantly given more work, without being compensated for the additional work performed, the rules change to what's expected so they don't have to pay you more. Executives don't speak , you are not even able to look most of them in the eye. The CEO is nice and is clueless as to how new-hires are treated. Everyone is far to busy to help, but will give more work in a heartbeat. This was by far the worst career choice I have ever made. Nobody is happy at this company unless you are favored by the COO.

Grant people the opportunity to be successful and protect privacy. John Elliot please please please talk to your staff. They are unhappy, but there is time to fix it

Terrible Management- No team work and collaboration.

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of. Toxic environment. Michigan especially.

Cons

Constant micromanaging and no real strategy for office staff. They hire some great staff that can't input some much needed process improvement and share experience in the field to help move forward. Corporate staff very outdated and afraid of anyone having a great idea other than themselves. Very insecure managers and upper management.

Get some fresh eyes and ears. Treat everyone with respect. Pay field staff a good salary and cut down on turnover. Stop expecting 24/7 work and allow for work life balance. Roll out new programs where they make sense.

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing

Pros

None. Absolutely none. Other than it being a large run corporation with a long time history but with that varies greatly in how it functions across the nation.

Cons

Constant harassment over every little thing and way too much drama. No voice can be heard and the on call demands get abused by leadership nonstop. Here you will find constant meetings and overflowing negative feedback and the only succeeding areas across the nation are either corporate areas or select favoritism across the board consisting of brown-nosers trying to stay afloat Let's not forget how little they allow to pay for things and how they wiggle their way out of paying for the things they were suppose to and how much of your life you are supposed to give up for no acknowledgment. The resources lack to back up what company claims they stand for. At the end of the day the company has extremely high turnover for good reason, as no one wants to be in such a deflated stressful and no reward on the rat wheel company, with low pay empty promises and policies that will make anyone scratch their head as to why they signed on in the first place. Do not get a job here the clients don't have a ton of praise and neither do the employees. It's honestly completely an abusive company to work for. The managers lack any respect regard or clue on real compassion to the people that keep the company operating. It's a shame because this company is in business to help others yet everyone is a number. I saw a lot of good people leave as a result.

Get over yourselves! If this was a more empowering and rewarding place to be you might find your employees more motivated instead of the constant reprimanding turning most employees into a non work drive zone. This company is micromanaging focused and it's disgusting to see the disregard placed on your teams that try so hard to please. You might find more appreciative teams, if leadership learned to lead with compassion not drill sergeants with no listening skills. What you're doing now is pushing everyone away from actually caring rather than just placating you to the next harassing discussion. Look around and get a clue - very few mean the words they say - most of it is what you want to hear. The employees actually despise most of the managers....that doesn't say a whole lot of good. It's not all bad employees - it is the toxic environment the managers are choosing to create. Find a new hobby rather than degrading the staff all day.

Not very good.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Regional leadership unaware of what goes on in field. Does not follow own policies. Does not thoroughly investigate patient care issues. Unfair company.