Arcadia Home Care and Staffing

Arcadia Home Care and Staffing Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
26 reviews filtered by
John E. Elliott II

Moving on, but bittersweet...

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even with departmental changes, Arcadia prioritizes finding placement for existing employees, which landed me in my most recent role. Although the offered position did not fit my career-goals, I can honestly say that the experience I've gained will help in my next chapter.

Cons

Inadequate HR Department for such a large company.

Advice to Management

Continue promotion from within. New leadership teams are making positive changes.

Mar 18, 2015Special Programs Coordinator, Marketing

Thank you for your response and we wish you well on your future endeavors.

Great Company

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere. Company promotes from within. Managers care about their staff!

Cons

Days can be long, and Clients can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, and you'll have less turn-over.

Mar 18, 2015Special Programs Coordinator, Marketing

Thank you for your response. And thank you for being an employee!

Arcadia offers different programs to help employees further their career. We offer tuition reimbursement for employees as well
    ... More

Happily Employed

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Southfield, MI

Pros

If you've ever worked for a Home Care company outside of Arcadia, you would have a better way of understanding what they do, and how they conduct themselves in a way, which make the company one that is very easy to work for.

Cons

Demanding patients and a lack of committed caregivers, but again, this is consistent with any Home Care company.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within, it gives us all something to strive for!

Mar 18, 2015Special Programs Coordinator, Marketing

Thank you for the positive response. We realize working in the home care industry can be challenging at times but it is definitely an industry that is very rewarding!

5. Innovative Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few Home Care Companies moving forward with new and innovative ideas. Arcadia is willing to invest in modern markets and technology based systems, which present unique systems to better service client-populations. It's easy to be excited about the work you do on a daily basis. An easy company to believe in.

Compensation is above what is offered by multiple competitors, and client rates are cheaper than industry standard.

Cons

Work-Life balance can be a challenge. Health Benefits are not great, but to be expected with continuous changes to ACA regulation.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward. The vision is there, but implementation is key. Don't make the mistake of neglecting your foundation.

Mar 24, 2015Special Programs Coordinator, Marketing

Thank you for your feedback! Arcadia is very excited about our new programs! Our "Arcadia On Call" and "Care Companion" programs are great examples of how we're changing the face of home care.

6. LPN employees primarily utilized as STNAS at facilities, Charge Nurses and Passport caregivers.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Dayton, OH

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing

Pros

Plenty of STNA positions available at good LPN pay rate.

Cons

Not a lot of LPN positions available. Hired for MRDD or Hospice, but rarely placed in those positions. If you LPNS prefer working in LTC as a STNA; go for it.

Advice to Management

Poor management. Continuous hiring of new employees meant less work for present staff. If you were not in with top schedulers you had less work. Non nursing judgement pet schedulers.

7. The bottom of the home care business

Former Employee - Client Services
    Former Employee - Client Services

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office setting, very modern and clean

Cons

leadership is poor
    no respect
    no flexibility
    required to work late nights without notice
    no support from management or front office
    Very high turnover in most departments

Advice to Management

regroup and revise your management team.

Apr 2, 2015Special Programs Coordinator, Marketing

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your candor and we heard the opinions of you and others.

Arcadia recently realigned our departments, bringing in fresh faces with new outlooks to
    ... More

Sketchy Business

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Southfield, MI

Pros

Mandated 1 Hour Lunch Break
    Nice Office Building

Cons

The workplace culture is similar to the movie Mean Girls. You have suck up to everyone you know otherwise you will be miserable. Every morning, expect to take a minimum of 5 knives out of your back because your own Team Leader or Supervisor will not hesitate to back stab you at every opportunity they get. Team meetings are times to be reprimanded and talked down to. Expect one long term employee to come into your office a month to remind you how much your job sucks and they wouldn't do it for a million bucks.

Advice to Management

Shut down the company so all the elderly can be better off with a more reliable and trustworthy home care company.

Mar 24, 2015Special Programs Coordinator, Marketing

We're sorry you had a bad experience with us! We do have a full-time HR Manager who is here to help with employee conflicts or help to find the right position for you. Arcadia has many different ... More

Overall, a satisfied ex employee

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing

Pros

Most of the Arcadia upper Management does care about the employees. There is fine line though when you have a business to run that has struggled financially for a long time. Previous owners and management did a number on this company, and I commend the current management team for staying committed and strong. Most employees in the field have little to no knowledge of what management has sacrificed to keep this company afloat. John Elliott is a good man and wants the best for his employees.

Work Life balance is pretty good, but you have to fight for it at times depending on who you report to.

The culture is to promote from within and encourage professional growth where applicable. Opportunities are there for employees who want to work for it. You have to speak up and be heard though or you may be overlooked.

The company tries to do good things for the community and promotes health and wellness. They are active in charitable endeavors as finances permit.

Client satisfaction is always a priority.

Cons

While fairness is something I know they strive for, it is not always the end result. There is favoritism and double standards if it is in the best interest of the company or suits managements need at the time. While this is not an uncommon business practice, it never the less breeds resentment between co-workers when one is treated differently or given perks the other was denied.

Benefits are expensive when compared to the median wage but are better than what the government offers.

Leadership skills for Managers are not usually a priority if the skills they do have can run an office. I have seen field managers sorely lacking leadership skills. I have seen people promoted out of desperation with zero leadership skills into positions they have no business being in resulting in poor employee performance. Leadership education should at the very least be provided to those obviously lacking.

Resources are stretched pretty thin here. Employees get burnt out pretty quickly expected to perform the job of several people. There has always been high turnover as a result. I know management would provide more resources if financially possible.

Advice to Management

Trust your loyal employees more and be more cognizant of some of the misplaced trust.

Nice place to work but needs som teeeking

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing

Pros

Healthy work life balance

Cons

Too many projects not streamlined

Awful, Stressful, Disorganized

Former Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Southfield, MI

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing

Pros

Nice office building, that's it.

Cons

Prepare your self to work extremely long hours, leadership does nothing but micro-manage, which in the end leads to unhappy staff and poor work/life balance. I would NEVER let a friend or family member receive home care from this company. If clients only knew what this place was doing, it is truly unethical. Canceling appointments daily and leaving elderly and sick abandoned in their homes. Also, there is absolutely no training provided for the job itself, other than general orientation.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and pay attention to the company's success as a whole. Listen to your employees in the provide appropriate resources an educational tools that will improve the poor working environment. Practice what you preach. If you believe in "homecare at the highest standard" then provide that service.

Arcadia Home Care and Staffing Photos