Arcadia Reviews

32 reviews filtered by
  • United Kingdom
Sir Philip Green

1. Expect the un achievable, lots of back stabbing

Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Arcadia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Uniform allowance
    Lieu time for bank hol working
    Invest in training if you're lucky
    Brand conferences once a year
    Can progress by jumping from brand to brand.
    Commercial focused

Cons

Expect too much from managers, unrealistic targets leaves you feeling constantly defeated and under attack!
    Completely political, actually know of people not getting jobs because their face 'didn't fit'.
    Company so big you never get to know people in head office.
    Try to give you lowest possible salary in the bracket.

Get to know your managers. Don't be so elitist to ones working in smaller stores.

2. Merchandising

I have been working at Arcadia

Pros

Fun, dynamic team who really know the market

Cons

Lack of structure in day to day role

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Arcadia

Pros

I worked within Customer Service ' this was based in London but has now relocated to Leeds.

Good benefits.. discount and most of all sample sales!

Every day was a new challenge as the company is always introducing another collaboration or marketing offer so your always kept busy.

Cons

Basic pay is low.. a lot of extra hours needed to come away with a good salary.

Stores hate Head Office and it's always a constant battle to get their support to resolve complaints

Listen to your staff.. take on board their feedback and invest time and help develop their skills.

5. Awful awful and awful, stay away from customer care

Current Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Arcadia

Pros

Pros for me was the sample sale and work being less than a 5 minute drive away. This is probably the reason I was there for so long. (Just handed my notice)

Cons

Where do I begin Firstly the management lack any form of professionalism and treat the advisors like prisoners. Call after call and no time to actually resolve customers queries, as soon as we have off phone time we get a call through our headsets demanding us to take more calls.
    In the meantime the managers are in a huddle discussing what they want for lunch. There is minimum support and a very dismil attitude across the floor making almost every advisor miserable all wishing they had other jobs. The development opportunities are minimum and most "senior advisors" just kiss a lot of management bum and do the work they don't want to, as soon as its busy the seniors are treated like advisors and made to stay on calls whilst doing their managers work. The staff turn over is so high, I started 18 months ago and there are many 2 people left from my training group. Most people have left due to work feeling like a concentration camp where you have to rush to go to the toilet afraid Youl be pulled up in a meeting because you use too much "personal time". If you complain to HR or management they all stick together and find a way for it to go against you, I.e pulling up every instance of late you have ever had and saying because you have had that were not going to help you. The operation of the contact centre is so poor, they frequently mess up pay and holidays demanding you to work time back because of their errors.
    When Alda chain director comes to visit everyone is notified to look smart and all desk are spotless and the managers actually pretend to be professional. In reality it is nothing like that.

care for the staff, be more supportive, don't preach to advisors then have your phones out and eat McDonald's.

6. Great company to work for

Current Employee - E-Commerce Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - E-Commerce Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Arcadia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's loads of benefits working for a company like Arcadia as you get an insight into lots of different brands, and there's a wealth of knowledge. Offices are really fun to work in and there's always little perks to help make your week better!

Cons

It's very fast paced and sometimes it can get confusing as to who owns what with projects.

7. Friendly and welcoming staff!

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Arcadia

Pros

The discount is good- 25% but I waited nearly 3 months for mine. Management are friendly, some nicer than others.

Cons

Very busy store and mistakes can be made easily to its all about keeping on top of what your doing.

Better incentives and notice of rotas.

8. Fun and positive experience.

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Arcadia part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong (mainly) consistent leadership, good uniform allowance, pleasant environment (friendly staff), good development opportunities, time-off policies are very good as it holiday allowance.

Cons

Frequently underpaid- or pay discrepancies, apart from that everything was good.

Payment of employees should be a priority as well as consistency with rota's (i.e without favouritism).

9. Great place to start out

I have been working at Arcadia full-time

Pros

Great benefits and training, colleagues and many chances for progression. Managers try their hardest to satisfy everyone.

Cons

Hours vary a lot so some weeks you're hardly in then others you're in all the time.

10. OK as a starting point..

Current Employee - Buying Associate
    Current Employee - Buying Associate

I have been working at Arcadia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Good colleagues
    -Trying to become more fun. Payday breakfasts etc

Cons

-Slow progression. The company dont want to reward you for the effort you put in in terms of promotion
    -As a new starter they keep you on the starting salary for as long as possible, even though you will be expected to be the 'senior associate' you will both be in minimal pay
    -Some management have poor attitude/ afraid of change

-Treat the people at the bottom better..without us where would you be? A little bit of acknowledgement goes a long way!

11. Pro's and cons, not good for long term.

Current Employee - Sales Advisor
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor

I have been working at Arcadia full-time

Pros

Customer focus, very good atmosphere with staff.

Cons

Pay-minimum wage. Huge focus on MasterCard sign ups, selling them is a big part of the job.