Arcadia

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sir Philip Green

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good starter job - not for lifetime though

Sales Assistant/Brand Specialist (Former Employee) Newcastle, England (UK)

Pros- discount on products
    - interesting work
    - busy

Cons- certain type of staff you get there - backstabbing
    - unattainable targets on Store Cards

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your younger staff...although you may think they are not good for much, given the chance they will work hard and could be a good investment if you spend the time on them and believe in them.

Could be better but could be worse too...

Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

ProsReally good people work there. Almost everybody is helpful. I think the business goes well, makes us busy and I like the challanges to resolve problems and help to everyone.

ConsBuilding is so old, the roof is leaked everywhere. When the sun is shining, temperature goes up so quickly. Equipments are very old too. Salary is very low, no bonuses, only a christmas dinner... There are opportunities to make career, but the company does not appreciate it with well deserved wage. The level of wage is the main reason why won't recommend this company to a friend. Unfortunately, the CEO and the head office management is selfish, I think only they want to fill their pocket with money, and do not care about anything else...

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop the working enviroment modern, useful things. Rise the wage. If business goes well give to people bonuses to feel they work well. I think you could expect more from the staff, if you appreciate their efforts...

Management are patronising, especially if you have more experience than them.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsGreat for fitting around other commitments, which suited me fine.
    Some members of staff can be friendly, actually you could make a few good friends.
    Easy in terms of demands.

ConsStaff are on the whole pretentious, judgmental and in larger environments rude.
    The work can be boring and mandate
    Management sit around and do nothing all day, well, besides from being patronizsng.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the personalities of those you employ, yet extroverts are great, and confidence is a must, but those two positives do not go hand in hand with rudeness and having a huge ego.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

boring but with one good benefit of staff discount

Sales Advisor (Former Employee) Doncaster, England (UK)

Prosstaff discount, the social side of it all

Consboring, not hard work, can get very monotonous

Advice to Senior Managementincrease holiday time for everyone especially top level and management

Standard experience with degrading management and a pay rate that will 'get you by'

Sales Advisor/Replenishment (Current Employee) Milton Keynes, England (UK)

ProsThe atmosphere is very contagious, very enthusiastic. I have developed as a person, both pessimistic and optimistically.

ConsThe only development available will be the one you create. Extremely limited job. Poor pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstructively carry out their job effectively and professionally.

Fantastic

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) Leeds, South East England, England (UK)

ProsGreat benefits, good social aspect

ConsShift times, although these can be changed

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at all!

good company

Lead Associate (Current Employee) Coventry, England (UK)

Prosmulti brand discount scheme benefits all employees

Consvaried levels of training amongst staff

Sales associate

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsAtmosphere, Staff, Uniform discount, Hours

ConsStrict rules, No wifi in staff room

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it feel less commercial, more relaxed

Unstructured, stores need better management and structure support.

Sales Advisor (Former Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

Prosmake some good friends (usually the older generation), good for experience but no more

Constraining is awful there is no way to get higher without brown nosing (sorry for being vulgar)

Advice to Senior Managementthere needs to be some changes in the stores, people who work hard and show what they can do with all there experience get no where its all down to who you know and how friendly you are with the overall management, if you don't follow them and be there slave you get no where. Evans as a company are great but topshop and top man just want to look the part and not care about structural support. i worked as a admin so for topshop top man and evans, topshop expected me to be helping them and running there shop floors when they just sat in the office doing nothing and leaving me to run floors and get behind on my work then have the cheek to approach me and say why I'm not doing my job right and my answer to them was i was helping you out and they respond with OK. blunt answer no thank you noting, i have heard this from many stores since i have friends who work in other stores i have also had a friend who has now moved onto better things being a store manager in TKmax in leeds city which is 8/9 times the size of the store we worked at and the reason he moved was because they gave a job to a less experienced team leader to become a brand manager he is now on more money better job and has used his experience to better exercise.

Bit of a rant but the company (stores not head office) need to ask staff members what they really think not send out "have your say" with motives like nights out, because we get told to put good things by the management because "they wanna look the best" not because they care what we think!!!

Arcadia Review

Brand Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFashion retailing which is constantly changing and is exciting from store operations to buying and merchandising, finance etc etc.

ConsBenefits such as pensions are now poorer (final salary now stopped) and the most recent scheme for staff is poor.
    The company frequently restructures different departments and when redundancies are made which have been frequent in recent years, redundancy is the minimum or just a tiny amount above the statutary level .

Worked for Arcadia? Contribute to the Community!