Arcadian Health Reviews

Updated June 18, 2014
Updated June 18, 2014

2.5

Bruce D. Broussard

Taking care of mentally clinets with their daily needs and want.

Former Employee - D S T
    Former Employee - D S T

I worked at Arcadian Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed taking care of them because they need help with therir daily needs

Cons

making sure all clints was changed and bathed every day

Managemant was good about checking you making sure everything got done

Small but friendly company

Former Employee - Case Management Associate  in  South Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Case Management Associate in South Portland, ME

I worked at Arcadian Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small office feel and friendly environment.

Cons

Company was acquired by Humana with layoffs as a result.

Good job but no room for advancement.

Former Employee - Review Nurse  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Review Nurse in Austin, TX

I worked at Arcadian Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Review nurse worked from home
    Benefits were good
    Work was steady no downtime

Cons

No room for growth
    Limited opportunities for LVN/LPN nurses

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Arcadian Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with a great team

Cons

Not enough recognition from higher ups

Need to give team members more recognition

Arcadian Management Services

Current Employee - Legal Department  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Department in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Arcadian Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Arcadian has been an overwhelmingly positive environment in which to grow my legal career. I have deeply enjoyed the opportunity to work at the intersection of so many departments, each one full of dedicated and knowledgeable employees.

Cons

This is not necessarily a negative, but since we were recently acquired by Humana Inc., it is likely that there will be changes within the corporate culture. Whether these changes are to the benefit or detriment of the company remains to be seen.

A nightmare to run far away from

Former Employee - Sales Analyst  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Oakland, CA

I worked at Arcadian Health

Pros

People are friendly. The environment is a small office feel, suitable for those that like smaller companies. The office is in a good geographic location - very central for those in and around Oakland.

Cons

Management was warm at first, but it got drastically worse very quickly. Arcadian Health is under sanctions, showing that the company has been disorganized since the early days. There is a huge lack of resources, and often times given a duty with no guidance or anyone to go to for help. There is also a big disconnect from upper levels of management. FYI - Arcadian is a good company if one has a background in healthcare. Otherwise, do not consider it. There is too much grief involved to learn the reigns of the industry and company.

Management seems to be under a great deal of stress, and it shows. Be considerate of your employees and make it a more open, friendly, warm culture. Although people can gain some great skills and experiences, work culture is important and people will leave if it isn't fixed.

Nightmare that I am glad to have finally woken up from.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Arcadian Health

Pros

Good physical location. Close to several freeways. Some very dedicated hard working staff that have been there through some tough situations.

Cons

Extremely top-heavy. Most of the work is done by underpaid (by any standard), underappreciated staff. Management tries to cover its behind especially now that the company is under CMS sanctions. When someone leaves, they dont hire more, just redistribute the load to the existing employees. No cost of living increase. Company averages 3% bonus / year. with no Christmas or regular bonus or appreciation for non management, Management gets %5-%40 bonuses. Benefits that are offered to the members are better than what the company offers its own employees. Large differential between what 2 people in the same position or job function are making, and even that is lower than industry standard.

Take a close look at your turnover rate. You already have many in Marketing, IT, and UM flying the coop and may already be too late to recover... The company is severely at risk.

Harsh environment, low pay, unrealistic expectations

Current Employee - Manager  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Arcadian Health

Pros

There are some intelligent, energetic, and friendly people that come through- workers and management. Many try to solve problems and do the right thing. The office is convenient to BART.

Cons

It is overall a very harsh, understaffed environment. As a manager you are expected to produce perfect results yesterday with little support and inadequate systems. The pay is below market. Say goodbye to work/life balance and fair compensation.

Understand that even in a poor economy, your talented employees have choices. Take retention seriously and invest in your staff and systems.

Don't work here unless you want to be over-worked and under-appreciated.

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Arcadian Health

Pros

If you work hourly, overtime pay will plump up your bank account.

Cons

You don't have any control over how much overtime you work, or when. Since other departments and external vendors they use can't meet deadlines, your department might suffer from it. That means a project might come in at 4pm, when you're supposed to leave at 5, and you will have to work until it gets finished (might be 8-9pm), with no more than an hour's notice. Weekends were also EXPECTED, not optional. They worked me and my group like dogs, and only complained that it wasn't done faster and more efficiently.

As far as the company as a whole goes, I've noticed a LOT of employee turn-around-and it's usually really hush-hush.

Try to be more efficient in your project management, and hold other departments and vendors responsible for meeting deadlines and goals. And try to appreciate when your employees are working 60 hours a week to get your work done.

Worst job ever

I worked at Arcadian Health

Pros

Great location, some really great co-workers trying to do the right thing for members despite multiple challenges. You can learn alot since the plan is so small you get lots of exposure you wouldn't in a large company.

Cons

Poorly qualified leadership who are mostly owners whose only goal all along was to sell the company. Members' needs were given short shrift by senior leadership. Staff have been consistently mistreated, cursed at, promised bonuses and raises only to see them not materialize. Staff have been demoralized for years and it is difficult to break through that.

Best thing ever to sell to Humana. My advice to Humana is to quickly bring in your own team and start by getting rid of the company owners and leaders. Keep the many good staff who can shine and be stars with proper support and leadership.

Worked for Arcadian Health? Contribute to the Community!