ArcelorMittal USA Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great Employer

I worked at ArcelorMittal USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment, great benefits.

Cons

Large corporation, sometimes decisions for the whole are necessarily the best for individual operations.

Advice to Management

Keep your finger on the pulse of the middle management employees

2. A barely tolerable work environment

Current Employee - Associate Mechanical Engineer in Coatesville, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Mechanical Engineer in Coatesville, PA

I have been working at ArcelorMittal USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason for working at the Coatesville plant is mainly the people. They've been the most enjoyable part of the job. Good benefits, very safety aware. pretty approachable management

Cons

Union shop means tensions can rise for various reasons. Areas seem constantly understaffed and under-supported. Emergencies mean rearranging your schedule around work - could lead to 20+ hours days or multiple weeks with no day off.

Advice to Management

Provide more continual feedback to employees besides a once a year, 20 minute sit-down

May 18, 2015 – Representative - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. One of the most important aspects of our business is our people. We are pleased to hear you enjoy your colleagues and value our industry-leading benefits package and ... More

3. great company in terms of benefits and good coworkers atmosphere; pretty slow on some decisions that take for months...

I worked at ArcelorMittal USA

Pros

good atmosphere, good benefits, good coworkers

Cons

slow decision making, long response time

Advice to Management

improve IT

5. it is a company that promotes learning

Current Employee - Process Engineer in East Chicago, IN
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in East Chicago, IN

I have been working at ArcelorMittal USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the company works to place an individual in an opportunity which best fits him/her for a win-win scenario in order to benefit the company and personal growth.

Cons

promotions in lower salary positions appear to be less than expected.

Advice to Management

actively know the strengths as well as weaknesses of employees in order to help them map out and navigate their career

AM/NS Calvert - Be cautious!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calvert, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calvert, AL

I worked at ArcelorMittal USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was great, the best co-workers I've ever had! Good training classes/programs.

Cons

Very poor management. Employees that do not do their share of work and miss a lot of time are allowed to get away with it, while really good employees who work hard and never miss work take up the slack and do not get recognized for it. Too many audits after company takeover last year, and after a few months went by after the buyout the extreme changes started coming. I was harshly interrogated for two hours and then put on suspension for 3 weeks for something that I did not do and they never had proof (because it didn't exist) but lost my job anyway for "violation of company policy" but they could not tell me which policy. This all came from the corporate office and our local HR department knew nothing and could give me no information. Consulting a lawyer. The bad thing is that I absolutely loved my job and always received high reviews, never missed work, and have very high work ethic. This was devastating and out of the blue! The way this was handled is absolutely horrific!

Advice to Management

Get a backbone and stand up for your employees who you have always trusted and know are good ethical workers!!

7. Good company

I have been working at ArcelorMittal USA

Pros

Good opportunities to grow and implement projects

Cons

management can be hard to deal with sometimes

Work Experience

I have been working at ArcelorMittal USA

Pros

Friendly Associates Very Nice Place to Work!!!!

Cons

25 Miles out of Mobile Very few places to eat at lunch

9. Moments of satisfaction sprinkled with overwork and frustration.

Current Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Burns Harbor, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Burns Harbor, IN

I have been working at ArcelorMittal USA

Pros

Lots of highly skilled and knowledgeable coworkers to learn from and to help guide you along your career.

Cons

Frustrating upper management decisions and almost no ability to induce change among the union work force. Long hours with minimal comprnsation, even after repeated attempts to garnish help or an increase in salary.

May 18, 2015 – Representative - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our people and our Company’s highly trained workforce. The knowledge and skills of our employees directly contributes to our leadership in the steel ... More

Great pay but have an issue with engineers.

Current Employee - Associate Engineer-Electrical in Burns Harbor, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer-Electrical in Burns Harbor, IN

I have been working at ArcelorMittal USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, with good overtime opportunities and quarterly profit sharing.

Cons

The retention rate for new engineers is some 40%, it's really bad here. The biggest issue is that they don't have many engineering positions and often put their engineers to work as line foremen.

Advice to Management

Talk to us more about what we expect from the job before placing us directly into a random position in the plant.

May 18, 2015 – Representative - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are very proud to create value for our employees by offering industry leading pay and benefits. Unfortunately, turnover happens at all companies for a variety of ... More

11. Great Internship Experience

I worked at ArcelorMittal USA

Pros

Welcomes new Engineering ideas, lots of freedom to work on projects, and great project with lots of other Engineers to help. Great opportunities to travel and to work in multiple areas of the business.

Cons

Manufacturing plants are older, technology is still advancing, and takes time to get approvals. Also housing can be issue if you do not start looking well in advance.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow new employee base and continue to push technology. Opportunities in any manufacturing facility are difficult due to the pyramid shape structure so be sure that the appropriate methods of sucession are being used. Work life balance is difficult with less management to cover areas.

Apr 28, 2015 – Representative - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It sounds like you had a well-rounded internship experience! ArcelorMittal is continuously working to grow our new employee base and use our ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed