Arch Telecom

2.9

Vic Ghai

Rewarding for good work

I have been working at Arch Telecom

Pros

Large company with a small company feel. No red tape or long decisions. Those who perform well get rewarded well. Sprint has a ton of promotions that makes selling easier than ever. Sprint is very aggressive.

Cons

No 401k. No other cons really

Continue the growth trend and utilize our people to continue to build the company.

If you need a quick job this is great!

Current Employee - Lead Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I have been working at Arch Telecom

Pros

You get to work full time, discount off phone plan and phone cases.

Cons

Shady company.
    They hire managers that don't know what they are doing.
    Lazy managers.
    They only care about favorites.
    Low pay
    Low commission
    High decay means no commission check
    Encourage fraud
    Tablets home phones ( emerging products ) they want you to scam people into getting them even if it will result in a return.
    If you get a return manager never back you up
    Shady shady shady

Pay better, commission structure is horrible. Pick more knowledgeable managers. Stop playing the favorite gave.

Shady Shady SHADY

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orange, CA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hire without experience, extensive training, you learn how to hustle and you learn how to maximize each sale every time.

Cons

They encourage fraud, they are super shady and never back you up when you have a customer issue. They promise a lot to you and never follow through. Long hours without compensation. If you work overtime they lower your commission check.

Create a better commission structure. Overtime happens, don't lower my commission because I'm working even harder for YOU! And stop making us do shady stuff if you aren't going to back us up!

You can make decent money, but you sacrifice your dignity.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent commissions, full time hours

Cons

They got rid of raises, very political, shady practices in many stores, they encourage you to do shady things, but if you get in trouble with the customer, they don't have your back.

They already know whats up.

Shafted after saving the P&L at multiple locations.

Former Employee - Location Manager
    Former Employee - Location Manager

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay if you can perform in a fast-paced environment and push the products that the company wants you to sell. Recognition comes fairly regularly if you were on the good list. Great camaraderie,excellent support from other locations, and an overall feeling of family. The atmosphere is light for the most part, almost borderline HR harassment policy violating however most of us learn to tolerate based on the fact that technology itself is a stressful field and it's nice to Blow off steam whenever you can.

I had absolutely no problems with anyone I worked with personally.hell, I would still hang out with them.

Cons

You never know where you stand with upper management one day your superstar next day you're on the chopping block. No Matter how much you impact gross profit they always want more.as a location managers back to work as many possible hours as they can force you to,expect very little recognition for doing that, and expect to have to fight for a day off that you really need.

Expect absolutely no loyalty or protection from your upper management. Even if you manage to add triple digit sales games to multiple locations within under a year of being hired they will fire you if they want to for the most Miniscule detail. Once you are on the not good list it's really hard to get off. You will become a target.

Overall the company seems to not place much value on unique talent that brings significant impact on gross profitability to the table. If the way you operate and conduct business does not fall in line with every last detail of what arch expects you to do on a daily basis they will find a reason to get rid of you regardless of how much money you make the company.

Loyalty is not a word that exists in the lexicon of arch telecom.

Protect A players. Even if you think that there argumentative, even if you think that they will buck the system, even if you think that they will refuse to kiss your posterior you should understand that The ability to drive profit is a very specific and personal skill. You can't put it down on paper. You can't wrap it up in a box and ship it off. And you could never ever completely describe exactly what you're going to get other than to say you know you will get results.

As management is your job to shield your direct reports from any kind of Sprint interference. The business itself dictates that sometimes measures outside of the norm be taken to retain the people that can drive your business into the hundreds of percents. Managers you can provide year-over-year sales gainsof over four and 500% are few and far between, simply letting them go over a technicality will ensure stagnation within your organization.

Good Pay, Cool People, Shady Deals

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's plenty of cool people that work here so it is mostly a fun atmosphere and the compensation can be high if you work for it.

Cons

Upper management has a fire-and-hire mindset, Milestones that were used to give raises were taken away without notice

Bring back milestones and stop hiring/promoting based on personal favorites

They promote within

Current Employee - Lead Sales
    Current Employee - Lead Sales

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Follow the company's goals, make money and get noticed and promoted for the work you do. The industry is always changing so you need to be good with a fast paced, dynamic industry.

Cons

Delay with the 1st commission check and its retail so the holidays are crazy. More structured managment training program

Keep promoting your team- good company morale.

Service Tech

Current Employee - Service Tech in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Service Tech in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Competitive pay
    -You determine how much you make, the harder you work the higher your commission
    -great leadership
    -love my coworkers
    -my opinion matters

Cons

-Not enough opportunities to move up
    -all contests are sales based, none specifically for service techs
    -better healthcare options (medical)

Good to learn hustle, bad for a career

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The commission can go as high as 15-16%, your forced to be very self reliant which may be uncomfortable at first -but it's a good thing in the long term.

Cons

management is horrible, ego's are way to involved, status creates a disconnect between reps and decision makers, get paid by any means is usually the plan here, so expect a ton of angry customer BS and to get left in a few sticky situations if your not careful. Sprint is also really hard to sell because it barely works and their customer service is pretty much a joke, they can also take away your commission entirely if you get too many deactivations, so it's kind of easy for the ground to shrink beneath your feet, even if your good.

The organization as a whole needs to focus more on the individual(s) and less on the metrics, good customer experience & good employee experience will prevent a lot of nonsense that goes on now that doesn't have to. selling accessories and emerging devices doesn't help anyone if we don't get paid because of deacts.

Pressure is on.

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Specialist

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The good news there isn't a drug test,

Cons

The have very high quotas to hit and will put all sorts of pressure on to get you to hit goal. I once had a manager almost threaten weekly just to motivate me to hit sales goals. I have to say the reason why i didn't was because of the dry location and

Increase the pay so it can match the stress

Arch Telecom Photos