ArchCare

Scott La Rue

Fair Experience, there were Pros and Cons

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at ArchCare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

HR is very friendly and willing to help as long as you are persistent.
    There are a good amount of positions open.
    You can work your way up if you are good at what you do and are consistent.

Cons

Lack of training resources.
    The office can be quite gossipy, like in most healthcare agencies.
    The employees aren't the most enthusiastic to be there... understandably.

Most of the Managers/Directors are very hands on and diligent, but there's always a bad apple in the bunch. If someone is not good at their position, it is really necessary that they get replaced regardless of seniority.This is an insurance company, so it is very important that Directors not only know the ins and out of their job, but the ins and outs of their department. A true leader leads by example. They don't wait for everything to crash and burn before they decide to take action.

Very poor leadership.

Current Employee - Care Team
    Current Employee - Care Team

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salaries are competitive..I suppose if they have nothing else to offer (competent leadership, staff training/education, reliable and efficient systems, level of respect for ALL staff, transparency in operations, policies and procedures) at least they acknowledge they need to pay for skills they require to survive as a plan.

Cons

No clear, consistent policies nor procedures. Management is very biased and gossipy. Overall a very reactive organization.

Lead by example.
    Never send someone to do something that you don't want to do yourself.

I am passionate what I get to do every day in this environment! I love the staff I get to work with every day.

Current Employee - Nurse in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Nurse in New York, NY

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team effort all round to provide the best quality care to and for our elders!

Cons

Management does not realize what we do!

Instead of surveys, actually come and meet your staff and get to know them by face and name.

Great pay, poor management

Former Employee - Community Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Community Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at ArchCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working closely with patients hand and hand was rewarding. Scenery changed going to different locations. Working with different people. The pay and benefits were great.

Cons

Communication with management is lacking. Employees in the field are lazy and lack intelligence. Human resources is a joke no help from them what so ever. Failure to follow up with complaints. Lack of investigation, buddy buddy system to protect friends. A place where he,she says and that's all it takes to get fired here. Fear of people who think outside the box for solutions to problems.

Meet with the Business Development Director to ensure proper training and communication skills. It's clear that more training in necessary sooner the better.

The BEST in the industry!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not just based on The Catholic Diocese rather treating their employees as their greatest asset. LUCKY to be a part of this wonderful organization!

Cons

I can't dream of one at this time. Now I am just trying to fill in for twenty words. Um.....still nothing is coming to me!
    Okay Okay perhaps it is difficult to get around in New York each day?

You're the best!!!

Homecare RN

Current Employee - Home Care RN in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Home Care RN in New York, NY

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nurse manager is has real nursing skills, not an adminstrator but a real nurse!

Cons

the culture is horrible, you get attacked by the other disciplines, they try to discredit you publicly during morning report. The communication skills are atrocious, like a roman gadiator pit or cage fighting, everyone attacking everyone.
    On paper the salary is good but you really cant keep up with the paperwork, it cannot be this way everywhere?? there are duplication of services and some wasteful practices. Seeking expensive diagnostics for participants that are in their 90's -why?? Medicaid, thats why =0

Instead of spending $ on outside companies doing anonymus surveys just ask the people who work for you.

Not very good. Heavy handed and alot of back stabbing

Current Employee - Social Worker in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Social Worker in New York, NY

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent salary and benefits. Watch watch you say around the office especially if you are a male. Advice trust nobody ., do your job and go home. Don't share personel stuff with anyone.

Cons

You have to wait very long to take a sick day. Management not very friendly and can be punitive. I was suspended and i dont know why. Management does not meet with employees to discuss cases. When something goes wrong who are in trouble.

I think you have not done enough to address employee satisfaction. Files should be reviewed and corrected. Not left up to the individual units.

Somewhat of a waste of time

I worked at ArchCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some nice co-workers who were supportive and assisted with clients. Tuition reinbursement. Benefits

Cons

Where should I start. They have a horrible policy on vacation time. You cannot take time off until you reached 6 months of probation. Beware when resigning, If you do not provide 4 weeks notice your vacation time earned will not be given to you. This ridiculous rule is in the companies policy to employees.I never worked for a company that requested this, Normal companies will give your vacation to you since its your time earned. It's another way of them being cheap. Overworking employees & understaffing. NO TRAINING and unprofessional management blames employees for errors. Never went to any workshops. Does not appreciate hard working staff

Management needs training in how to interact with their employees better. More like a team player & not throwing them under the bus. Change your vacation time policy. Employees work to hard & deserve better

Lacks in financial and people resources

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at ArchCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great and wonderful mission. You can really have a positive impact on people if you like to help others. Some of the people who work here are fun and you can develop great relationships. There is a small handful of wonderul leaders.

Cons

The few good leaders are often micro-managed by executive leadership.
    This organization doesn't take the time to always strategically plan. They roll things out and check off boxes but don't do a great job of change managment for the employees.
    Reacts to the market instead of planning.
    Too many lay offs.
    Serious lack of training, especially in areas of managment and leadership. (plus, no time to attend training - no money for professional development like conferences and such)
    No staff support - not enough people to do quaility work.

Consider adding more staff all around!

You've Got To Love This Work

Current Employee - Recreation Therapist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recreation Therapist in New York, NY

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Independence is promoted, as is developing new skills. I am able to create specialized programming specific to the needs of the population I am working with at the moment, so I remain flexible, spontaneous, and most of the time, joy filled.

Cons

Overworked, understaffed, paperwork depletes ability to do job without pressure to perform. Poor physical condition of patients admitted to sub acute floor lowers quality of life for healthier patients.

Choose your sub acute admits with care. Care more about the quality of care and environment than filling the beds. It doesn't look good to have sub acute patients coming from the hospital and put directly onto hospice and/or dying in their first few days at facility.

ArchCare Photos