Archdiocese of New York Reviews

Good experience

Current Employee - Day Care Group Or Head Teacher  in  Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Day Care Group Or Head Teacher in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Archdiocese of New York full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the job type is very fulfilling

Cons

there are no cons what so ever

Keep up the good work

Manager

I have been working at Archdiocese of New York full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff is nice. Some of senior management are nice. They have a staff cafe. Work building is located in a nice location. They help alot of people.

Cons

There is no growth. There is too much politics. The mission of the organization does not trickle down to all departments. Little appreciation to staff. They love to overwhelm staff with extra work and long hours with no compensation.

A very friendly work environment, but they could be more pro-worker.

I have been working at Archdiocese of New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of autonomy. Generous vacation leave on top of Catholic holidays. Staff are friendly.

Cons

Very minimal benefits package. Salary increments do not foster motivation or loyalty. Little room or interest to move up in a slow-to-change environment.

Take more honest and direct interest in employees. Skim off some of the less competent and jaded employees who fail to change with the time. Provide better pay and benefits for the amount of work provided.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Catholic Charities Community Services

Current Employee - Disaster Case Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Disaster Case Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Archdiocese of New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level positions get paid a living wage. Decent number of paid vacation days. They hire internally, so it is possible to get a promotion.

Cons

The culture is bureaucratic, and their health benefits do not cover reproductive care, nor do they recognize domestic partnerships. Also, no dental or vision coverage.

Working in a school was brilliant but the leadership was unbearable.

Former Employee - Teacher  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I worked at Archdiocese of New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with children who enjoy being in a classroom, coworkers were fantastic and made life easier, consistent and good schedule.

Cons

Poor benefits and weak pay relative to other school systems, system is constantly downsizing and eliminating positions: was laid off and not placed in a new position.

Most can accept making less money than their peers, but also being asked to take on a tremendous amount of additional tasks beyond the regular 8 hour day is not something that should happen.

horrible

I worked at Archdiocese of New York

Pros

not many. lots of days off.

Cons

everyone overworked. mgmt has more infighting and does not know the processes which are needed to enact goals. literally sat in meetings where one boss was screaming at another.

have the leadership of your corp do the rounds. let them be open. try to do their job.

Social Services Should Not Be a Numbers Game.

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY

I worked at Archdiocese of New York full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to work with many mental health clients with different needs and I was able to build my knowledge of Supported Housing Programs in NYC area.

Cons

Management runs like a dictatorship. I was expected to wear many "hats" but not given the adequate time or resources to do so. I was not given a "heads up" about the work completed before I had arrived which caused me to question the validity of my paperwork, important documents etc.Salary was the minimum required for my degree. My salary was higher than employees who had worked for the company for almost a decade.

Ask questions do not assume. Be involved on the inside not just the outside. Embrace the cultures and values of the Agency's mission statement. Honesty is the best policy. This is not a Fortune 500 company where numbers are key. Remember we are working for people in need, not working against them.

Not a bad organization to work for.

I have been working at Archdiocese of New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

Catholic values, Holy Days of obligation off of work, positive religious influences, great mileage reimbursement

Cons

Not all offices are the same as far as support, no tuition reimbursement, supervisors tend to higher based on who they know and who you know a little more over qualifications.

Better supervision and guidance to employees

If you want rewards in Heaven, take a job here.

Former Employee - Educator  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Educator in New York, NY

I worked at Archdiocese of New York full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Poor pay, teachers expected to exceed New York State & New York City standards for half the money. Poor school leadership, in that the leaders don't live up to values intrinsic to the faith they espouse. .Why should the superintendent make so much more than the teachers and principals. The average teacher makes less than $50,000...the superintendent makes over $250K...

Pay employees better. Treat them like professionals..

Worked for Archdiocese of New York? Contribute to the Community!