Architectural Ceramics

Architectural Ceramics Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Betty Sullivan

Great fast placed environment!

I have been working at Architectural Ceramics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAC is a family-owned and operated company which is great! They really care about every employee and show it through their open door policy and generous salaries. It's nice to see an upper management that works long and hard hours every week. They set a great example and it's motivating as an employee to see them put in all this time as opposed to some companies where the owner's just take big salaries with no effort.
They have the greatest selection of product of any tile store in the area! Upper management does a great job at always bringing in the new and best products from around the world.

ConsAt AC, products and trends are always coming and going so you must be on your toes at all times. If you want a monotenous job this is not the place for you because you will always be busy!

It is a real team and family environment with

Rockville, MD

I have been working at Architectural Ceramics

ProsArchitectural Ceramics is always looking for ways to improve and grow, which makes it an exciting place to work. They added on a commercial sales department and dealer sales program in the last few years. They have improved process, upgraded IT, and are now working on ways to increase sales through sales-staff training and effective marketing. Since this is a small company there is opportunity to move around into each department, which is nice if you want to grow and try something new.

ConsArchitectural in the past hadn't been consistent with giving yearly evaluations, but in the last year they have taken this seriously and have done performance reviews with everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue developing, training, and providing feedback to staff. Continue to think outside the box and make Architectural Ceramics a company unlike other tile companies.

Alot of growing to do before you work here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

I worked at Architectural Ceramics

ProsFamily atmosphere so you make friends. The selection for clients is fabulous!

ConsThe managers are not trained to manage people. They do not give raises nor do they do any reviews. The only feedback they give is negative. The morale of the office is horrible. Everyone is negative and contributing to that is upper management. There are certain people in upper managment that have had virtually NO experience running a compamy yet they have C suite titles and salaries to match. It's us vs. them when it should be a team. Some of the processes and technology are antiquated. People are moved around alot they lost some key players in the last few years so that should tell you something. One other thing to note is that everyone has to clock-in which equals distrust and the employees feel like they are children. I would not recommend working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive timely reviews; stop moving people around; give store mangers more control over their personnel. Don't put people with little experience or education in charge of very large things.

Family Matters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I worked at Architectural Ceramics

ProsSmall company environment
products are on the cutting edge of industry

ConsFamily run can be difficult. When the company grew the owners at first were not ready to make the changes needed. Many times they woudl hold meeting gather information then never follow through. They kept employees that were hurting company instead of cutting them loose sooner because everyone was "family" I was always treated great but that is because I did my job well and was one of the top performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with plans. Listen tot eh managers in the field, they sometimes know better as things in this world change.

Worked for Architectural Ceramics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Architectural Ceramics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Architectural Ceramics CEO Betty Sullivan. All reviews posted anonymously by Architectural Ceramics employees.