Archstone

Archstone Reviews in New York, NY

4.0

Archstone Chairman and CEO R. Scot Sellers
R. Scot Sellers

Pros
  • Training, Customer Service for both employees and residents, Work/life balance/ benefits, compensation (in 7 reviews)

• Benefits are great, location of office, growing industry (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As always, politics in upper management (in 5 reviews)

• Its a real estate company and sometimes the community you work in gets sold to another property management company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Assistant Community Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Archstone full-time for more than a year

Pros

love the work hours, camaraderie, the people, the high standards, work load, work/life balance

Cons

I feel that for the work that I am performing, the pay could be a little bit higher.Other than that, I am quite happy with the business and the company.

Very supportive and good company to work for.

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Archstone for more than a year

Pros

A good corporate environment to work in.

Cons

Can be long working hours.

You get what you pay for...cheapest company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Doorman  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Doorman in New York, NY

I worked at Archstone full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a union position, so I had my benefits to count on. My shift was alright too.

Cons

Leasing office a scam & joke. Management...total mismanagement. Service manager a bigger joke.

Spend money...stop trying to keep salaries low all the time. You get what you pay for. If you want quality, you have to spend money to get it. Hire building managers who have actual residential building management experience instead of hiring ex-hotel managers. It's not the same thing!!!
    Hire a real building superintendent not a low management stooge called a service manager. it's nothing more than pencil pusher position. His most important concern is coming under budget every month so he can collect a bonus. Stop treating the union workers like dirt. Management creates a us(union) vs them(leasing office)environment, no one benefits. No teamwork or communication at all.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

no leadership, they only care about there bonus

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Maintenance in New York, NY

I have been working at Archstone full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

low stress September - March ( depends were you work )
      really good co-workers
    some buildings are unionize
    union workers are paid higher

Cons

the company is all hype
    High stress April - August
    the training classes are garbage
    service managers in nyc area some are mostly a bunch of lazy guys who do nothing but talk and dont work. all they care about is saving money for there bonus also there are not paid well.

Take care of your employees and you don't need to constantly be bringing in new people
    Dont treat you union employees like dirt
    let the ceo go undercover to really see how the company is doing

Patience is a virtue

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Archstone

Pros

Benefits are fantastic. Associates at sister communities are supportive and always available as a resource. Management is always willing to give you an opportunity to take on additional responsibility, you simply have to ask for it.

Cons

People that work for this company seem to really like it. This means that there isn't much movement in certain markets which results in having to spend extended periods of time in positions when you are looking to move up. This is a good thing though, I'd rather work for a company where upward mobility is stifled by a lack of turnover than one where management simply doesn't value its employees.

Employee satisfaction is the key to great customer service!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in New York, NY

I have been working at Archstone

Pros

It is a well know company in the real estate industry. If you are lucky enough to meet the right people in the company, you will progress far in the company.

Cons

The pay is not up to standard. The amount of work and abuse you take from the residents and upper management is fustrating. Community Managers & Upper managment are afraid to handle esaculated problems from the residents. They have associates doing managment work, and refuse to promote great employees.. The OM's are lazy,and just like to send emails delegating and they don't have a clue on what is going on at the property.

All of the money that is put into training the employees during GREAT training is a hoax. The training should start with management. Stop hiring imcompetent managers that like to push work all of their work on the associates.

Worked for Archstone? Contribute to the Community!