Archway Technology

www.archwaytechnology.net

Archway Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Jason Brown

Awesome atmosphere, great co workers, amazing business model and opportunity!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsEvery employee is an integral part if the company and no task or job is "busy work". Employees strive for the best for our clients and have the "work hard, play hard" mentality. Able to dress casual (jeans and polo) on a regular basis. Managers, directors, and partners are very easy to talk to. The experience alone will be one to three times what you will get at any other large corporation.

Pros:
    - Relaxed atmosphere
    - interesting clientele and work
    - Great working environment
    - Able to take on a lot of responsibility quickly
    - flexibility of work hours

ConsCons:

- May have some longer days/weeks
    - pay may not always reflect longer hours worked (even though it is worth it)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing the company while maintaining the current atmosphere. Find employees who fit the culture and work ethic needed and routinely evaluate any persons who may be bringing the team(s) down. Overall one of the best employers in Indianapolis!

Great experience, great people!

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsExcellent exposure to many different technologies.
    Great work-life balance.
    Monthly company sponsored team building event.
    Management has a great open door policy.
    The challenging work forces you out of your comfort zone and you will learn and experience 2-3 times more than at any other company in the same amount of time.
    The willingness to discuss any and all idea and appreciation of out-of-the-box/creative thinking.

ConsSteep learning curve if you do not have an accounting or finance background.
    Very noticeable difference in culture and employee moral between Business and Technology groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementBridge the culture and moral gaps between the business and technology groups.
    Promotions should not be based on length of employment but rather the deservingness and ability of the employee.

Great company to work for because of the fast-paced, challenging environment and the people

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe culture at Archway is one of the best things about working here. My teammates are great at breaking up a stressful day with some laughs! Management trusts that you care about the company and will work hard to make clients happy and contribute to firm growth. You have a lot of responsibility and freedom at an early stage of your career.

ConsYou need to be able to handle stress. No one will be around to micro-manage or give you over the top instructions, so if that is what you are looking for it is not the best fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we continue to grow, try to make sure the culture is maintained.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great people

Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsArchway has a very entrepreneurial culture and is a great place to learn and grow. Your work makes a difference; you are a relied upon and valuable employee.

ConsThis is a very fast paced environment and sometimes self teaching and extra hours to get up to speed is necessary - not an environment for those who aren't self-motivated and don't want to expand themselves in their career.

Not at all what I thought

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed dress
    Beautiful office space
    Interesting product
    Free coffee, beer on Friday, lots of free snacks
    Work with very wealthy clients

ConsLiterally stare at a screen at least 9 hours a day.
    For 50+ hour weeks pay is considerably low.
    Very introverted work atmosphere in many aspects.
    Communication is NOT effecient. IM is the preferred method, please just get up and talk. Oral communication is much more efficient.
    Pretty much a starter job if you didn't get your first pick in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear up the communication delivery.
    Develop better training methods
    Get to know your employees
    Environment could be a little more professional

Archway Technology Manager responded to this review

May 19, 2014

We appreciate your feedback. We take our employees' comments, whether positive or negative, very seriously. Archway will continue to strive to be one of the best employers in Indianapolis!

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsNice environment, most of the coworkers are very nice. Learning curve is steep. Management is approachable.

ConsCertain individuals would backstab and play games, beware of them. No work life balance. Easily work around 60 hrs a week. Beware of the power groups specially on the application side.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should devise a better system to gauge performance. Hardworking individuals should be appreciated more and they should be given an opportunity to focus on work rather than worry about the politics. This might prove to be a drag.

I had a great experience at Archway as an intern. Great company culture and always striving to evolve and adapt.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat work environment and room to grow within the company

ConsNo complaints can be thought of

Learning Curve is insane

Product Design Intern (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsRelaxed atmosphere and unless you have a client visiting on-site a polo is considered acceptable work attire. Small kitchen almost always has snacks.

ConsThe learning curve is very steep. Don't expect to ever understand their system 100%
    Employees are definitely overworked.
    Low compensation when compared to an average 50+ hour workweek
    Unless you're part of the "in-crowd" you can expect to be ignored.
    Everyone is crammed into this open "feel easy" work-space so unless you like listening to music while you try to work 8 hours a day expect to constantly be distracted by people talking, asking questions, ECT.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to develop documentation that can help new employees understand the company better. Put together "mock" projects that new employees can work through that will help them understand how a system works instead of throwing them into the ocean and saying "Hope you can swim".

Archway Technology Manager responded to this review

May 19, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. We strongly encourage opinions and open conversation at Archway. As always, we are trying to become the best company we can be to our clients and our employees.

Been here for 2+ years

Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexible work environment and a great place for the self-motivated. They trust you know what needs to get done and are very flexible in how you get it done (e.g. flexible work schedule, etc). Opportunities go to those that are the best and not just those that have been around the longest. Decision makers are good at explaining the "big picture" and how even the less-desireable work fits into the big picture. Makes for a great team atmosphere where you trust good decisions are being made for the long-term good of the company. Management is very open in discussing why they do things and have been very good about explaining the factors they consider. I feel like I am learning and have a better understanding of the complexities of running a business.

ConsWhile it is a "great place for the self-motivated" this can also be a draw back. I don't think this would be the best place for people who want a job where everything is broken down into task-lists. The expectations can also be pretty high around here. Not the best place for someone who wants 9-5.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore information is always better. Would like to know more about big sales opportunitities that are coming up.

I worked at Archway full time for more than 1 year.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsYoung energetic leadership and an innovative technology product. I received an annual bonus and other bonuses for extra night time and weekend effort.

ConsProject pressure and periodic deadlines require extra effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementA players work best at Archway. Don't let C players fester and poison the culture.

Worked for Archway Technology? Contribute to the Community!