Archway Technology

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
3.6

Jason Brown

Awesome atmosphere, great co workers, amazing business model and opportunity!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Archway Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Every employee is an integral part if the company and no task or job is "busy work". Employees strive for the best for our clients and have the "work hard, play hard" mentality. Able to dress casual (jeans and polo) on a regular basis. Managers, directors, and partners are very easy to talk to. The experience alone will be one to three times what you will get at any other large corporation.

Pros:
    - Relaxed atmosphere
    - interesting clientele and work
    - Great working environment
    - Able to take on a lot of responsibility quickly
    - flexibility of work hours

Cons

Cons:

- May have some longer days/weeks
    - pay may not always reflect longer hours worked (even though it is worth it)

Keep growing the company while maintaining the current atmosphere. Find employees who fit the culture and work ethic needed and routinely evaluate any persons who may be bringing the team(s) down. Overall one of the best employers in Indianapolis!

Good starting job

I have been working at Archway Technology

Pros

Nice plan to learn the trade, but not a long term place to work. Relaxed work environment. Collegial atmosphere.

Cons

Company can't find new paths for revenue so this stunts growth and advancement in salary.

Cut the 10 hr required workday.

Great experience, great people!

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Archway Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent exposure to many different technologies.
    Great work-life balance.
    Monthly company sponsored team building event.
    Management has a great open door policy.
    The challenging work forces you out of your comfort zone and you will learn and experience 2-3 times more than at any other company in the same amount of time.
    The willingness to discuss any and all idea and appreciation of out-of-the-box/creative thinking.

Cons

Steep learning curve if you do not have an accounting or finance background.
    Very noticeable difference in culture and employee moral between Business and Technology groups.

Bridge the culture and moral gaps between the business and technology groups.
    Promotions should not be based on length of employment but rather the deservingness and ability of the employee.

Great company to work for because of the fast-paced, challenging environment and the people

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Archway Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture at Archway is one of the best things about working here. My teammates are great at breaking up a stressful day with some laughs! Management trusts that you care about the company and will work hard to make clients happy and contribute to firm growth. You have a lot of responsibility and freedom at an early stage of your career.

Cons

You need to be able to handle stress. No one will be around to micro-manage or give you over the top instructions, so if that is what you are looking for it is not the best fit.

As we continue to grow, try to make sure the culture is maintained.

Great company, great people

Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Archway Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Archway has a very entrepreneurial culture and is a great place to learn and grow. Your work makes a difference; you are a relied upon and valuable employee.

Cons

This is a very fast paced environment and sometimes self teaching and extra hours to get up to speed is necessary - not an environment for those who aren't self-motivated and don't want to expand themselves in their career.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Archway Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice environment, most of the coworkers are very nice. Learning curve is steep. Management is approachable.

Cons

Certain individuals would backstab and play games, beware of them. No work life balance. Easily work around 60 hrs a week. Beware of the power groups specially on the application side.

Management should devise a better system to gauge performance. Hardworking individuals should be appreciated more and they should be given an opportunity to focus on work rather than worry about the politics. This might prove to be a drag.

Not at all what I thought

I worked at Archway Technology

Pros

Relaxed dress
    Beautiful office space
    Interesting product
    Free coffee, beer on Friday, lots of free snacks
    Work with very wealthy clients

Cons

Literally stare at a screen at least 9 hours a day.
    For 50+ hour weeks pay is considerably low.
    Very introverted work atmosphere in many aspects.
    Communication is NOT effecient. IM is the preferred method, please just get up and talk. Oral communication is much more efficient.
    Pretty much a starter job if you didn't get your first pick in my opinion.

Clear up the communication delivery.
    Develop better training methods
    Get to know your employees
    Environment could be a little more professional

Archway Technology Response

May 19, 2014Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We take our employees' comments, whether positive or negative, very seriously. Archway will continue to strive to be one of the best employers in Indianapolis!

Learning Curve is insane

Former Intern - Product Design Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Product Design Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Archway Technology as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and unless you have a client visiting on-site a polo is considered acceptable work attire. Small kitchen almost always has snacks.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep. Don't expect to ever understand their system 100%
    Employees are definitely overworked.
    Low compensation when compared to an average 50+ hour workweek
    Unless you're part of the "in-crowd" you can expect to be ignored.
    Everyone is crammed into this open "feel easy" work-space so unless you like listening to music while you try to work 8 hours a day expect to constantly be distracted by people talking, asking questions, ECT.

Take time to develop documentation that can help new employees understand the company better. Put together "mock" projects that new employees can work through that will help them understand how a system works instead of throwing them into the ocean and saying "Hope you can swim".

Archway Technology Response

May 19, 2014Manager

Thanks for your feedback. We strongly encourage opinions and open conversation at Archway. As always, we are trying to become the best company we can be to our clients and our employees.

I had a great experience at Archway as an intern. Great company culture and always striving to evolve and adapt.

Former Intern - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Archway Technology as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and room to grow within the company

Cons

No complaints can be thought of

Been here for 2+ years

Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Archway Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment and a great place for the self-motivated. They trust you know what needs to get done and are very flexible in how you get it done (e.g. flexible work schedule, etc). Opportunities go to those that are the best and not just those that have been around the longest. Decision makers are good at explaining the "big picture" and how even the less-desireable work fits into the big picture. Makes for a great team atmosphere where you trust good decisions are being made for the long-term good of the company. Management is very open in discussing why they do things and have been very good about explaining the factors they consider. I feel like I am learning and have a better understanding of the complexities of running a business.

Cons

While it is a "great place for the self-motivated" this can also be a draw back. I don't think this would be the best place for people who want a job where everything is broken down into task-lists. The expectations can also be pretty high around here. Not the best place for someone who wants 9-5.

More information is always better. Would like to know more about big sales opportunitities that are coming up.

Archway Technology Photos