Arco AmPm

ampm.com

Arco AmPm Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Arco AmPm – Redding – “Welcome to Arco AmPm”

Arco AmPm Chairman & President Lamar McKay

Lamar McKay

Keeps you afloat.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Redding, CA

ProsFlexibility, Lots of hours if you want them, easy enough work for anyone to be quickly trained.

ConsManagement, AmPm are Owner Operated, meaning you may be working for some Jerk who wants to yell, curse, and treat everyone like complete dirt. Also, don't expect an employee discount or benefits of any kind.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining, Work Ethic, Don't keep the employees who expect to get paid for standing around.

Arco AM/PM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Friendly management
    - Christmas bonus

Cons- Not flexible with hours once full time staff
    - Difficult customers at times

Meh good starting point

Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Pros- hrs lots of em, area where I work @ west phoenix is desperate for people to work graveyard or swing shift
    - free lunch
    - Its easy

Cons- Management, there some good ones but the bad ones outnumber them and most of them play favorites

- Give an inch and they take a yard, meaning if you start doing something to help the store more that's outside your responsibilities they start taking it for granted so instead of praising you when you do it they criticize when you don't

- Training, they have no standard training guideline, they'll teach you basics like how to work the basics of registers ie all the money crap but they wont teach stuff like how to save a transaction for later(ie customer forgets wallet in car goes out to get it there's other customers waiting to be served so instead of just clearing everything just save transcation for later so you can bring it up later)

- Equipment to do your job efficiently is either/or old, broken or you don't have it. Example, registers are slow and out of date. Sometimes you don't have proper materials to clean the store ie windex, bleach, pinesol etc. Dust pans or sweeper are broken and taped up same with mop.

- Rude customers, every store is different some have more than the other example 51st and Thomas have some of most rudest ones I've encountered.

- Some shady business practices

Advice to Senior Management- Stop taking advantage of your employees
    - Listen to your employees especially your graveyard workers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cashier/car wash attendant

Cashier Car Was Attandent (Current Employee) Concord, CA

Proslots of breaks, free stuff from the mini mart, very flexible hours which is good for a student like me going to school

Constreated like crapfrom the Mexican people who worked there, pissed off customers, employs are lazy, management is unprofessional and the work environment is unorganized everyone pons off their work on other people always scared of hold ups

Advice to Senior Managementstop turning a blind eye on every problem

working as a cashier and maintenance of store

Broadband Technician I, II, III (Current Employee) West Sacramento, CA

Prosbecause i have a previous work experience in electronics and i enjoy to do work with them and this job has great opportunities for me in next life.

Consi can get something new from this job as i got many things from may previous jobs.

I like that i get to mostly work independently. And its easy as pie. But there are a lot of things that should change...

ProsEasy, work independently, knowing I take well care of the customers, a good place to work but for me to want to stay and make a career out of it things would honestly have to change..

ConsI don't like how we have to pay our shortages out of our checks. No raises no matter how long you have worked there. me as a employee. I feel as if no one cares about us there at my store. We also have no protection. As in a panic button" in case we get some crazy person on night shift all we have are cameras.. Not to mention we have no way in seeing how much we are short or over at the end of the night.. so who s to say the money that's taken out of our checks is the right amount.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been working for arco / ampm for about 5 months now and I don't understand on why we have to pay shortages out of our checks. It gets really busy not to mention we have to switch off and on on the same drawr at times. And another thing is that All my coworkers have been there for many years and not one has gotten a raise they all work for the same pay. Do at 7.90 a hour.. I would love to make a career out of working for ampm but things would have to change a little bit.. its like noone cares about us employees at my work..

I worked part-time at Arco AMPM for 4 years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working schedule, good for college student

Consmicro managing. sometimes working holidays or late at night

All in all not bad

Cashier (Former Employee) Thorp, WA

ProsSince they are 24 hours it is easy to work while going to school.
    I found they were more then flexible with the work shifts.
    I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

ConsMoney is bad.
    Customers can be idiots and make your job tough.
    Corporate changes things and makes rules that don't make any sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate should talk to their hourly employees to find out what works and what doesn't work.

database developer

Database Developer (Current Employee)

ProsGood environment to work with.

Conscafeteria menu not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management

Great place to work at.

Retail Manager (Current Employee) Suwanee, GA

ProsGood pay, excellent team, benefits, flexible work schedule, a lot of opportunities to advance.

ConsSome managers have bad management style, a lot of duties and requirements, nasty customers

Worked for Arco AmPm? Contribute to the Community!