Arctic Cat Reviews

Updated July 28, 2014
3.1

Arctic Cat President, CEO, and Director Claude J. Jordan
Claude J. Jordan

Great Place to Work, Average benifits.

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Thief River Falls, MN
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Thief River Falls, MN

I have been working at Arctic Cat full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work as people is always willing to help and management assigns challenging projects that stretches the individual out of their comfort zone. I love the fact that you can work independently on your projects.

Cons

Conflict avoidance culture. Inventory problems stop the production lines 30 to 50 days every year.

Improve inventory accuracy

3PL Perspective

Former Employee - RCDC- Warehouse Supervisor in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - RCDC- Warehouse Supervisor in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at Arctic Cat full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for a 3PL that did dedicated service for Arctic Cat. They are a pretty easy-going bunch. They aren't too demanding or whiny like a certain competitor of theirs.

Cons

As a warehouse supervisor for their main ,service, my biggest complaint is that they are an incredibly sloppy and wasteful company. Some of the other previous reviews have touched on that as well. This problem is one of their biggest obstacles to success. They used the service in part to manage their inventory. It was near impossible to reach any acceptable level of accuracy at our facility because they wouldn't do it at their own. They would send over load after load of their inventory for us to cycle count. They're manifests were NEVER right. They basically cleared their whole warehouse in Thief River to have us count it. On top of that, they wanted it all back. Sometime they sent things to us only to ask for it back, oftentimes before it even arrived at our building. There were parts in transit from their site to ours and they needed those parts for that days production. They have the worst organization there. Their material planners are inept. Everything was needed right away. They often needed new orders before we even got them.They kept ALL their left over parts. I'm not taking just engine and subassemblies. They also held onto O-rings and bushings and little foil strips for example. They paid money to transport, warehouse, cycle count, handle and transport again. They lost money on these things. In a nutshell- sloppy and wasteful. That place was a nightmare.

When the government subsidies and TARP benefits you receive dry up, your company will go into bankruptcy...AGAIN.
    Hopefully for that last time. You don't deserve to stay in business.

Supportive people, archaic system

Current Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Thief River Falls, MN
    Current Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Thief River Falls, MN

I have been working at Arctic Cat full-time

Pros

People are stoked about the product they build, ride, own. People are supportive (for the most part) of each other. Lots of time off for shut-down, vacation, personal, and sick days. Engineering is very team driven. Summer hours mean off-work Fridays at noon. Benefits are very cheap. Most departments do a free company paid for ride mid-winter.

Cons

Brutally cold winters in Northern Minnesota. Some managers will stab you in the back without flinching. When they printed the new employee business card, they actually asked to put a fax number on it. First year product quality is awful. Everything is printed to be signed, it is like the turn of the century with a lot of the procedures. Some local department management is so hands off, it is like they are not even there.

Move the headquarters to where manufacturing is. The top management are on their own island and have no idea what is going on with the rest of the company. The design to release windows for new products are ludicrous, and the initial quality of new product and design is poor - give your engineers time to do what they need to do to release a kick-butt product.

Good products, loyal customers, terrible upper management

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Arctic Cat full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, fun industry. The dealers who are still with Arctic Cat are stronger dealers than most.

Cons

Arctic Cat has fostered a very combative and untrusting relationship between the company's management and it's dealer network.

Tune in and listen to your field sales feedback and dealer feedback. Build some profit into the products and fix your less than stellar reputation with your dealer network

Company is always innovating with much room for individual growth.

I have been working at Arctic Cat full-time

Pros

With an aging management core, there is a lot of room for young employees to grow and make a difference.

Cons

AC could learn some techniques from our Japanese competitors. AC puts out a new model just to be a new model, not necessary to fill a niche.

Pay for your employees to further education!!

Take the good with the bad...

I have been working at Arctic Cat

Pros

If you like to work hard and stay busy there is plenty for you here.

Cons

The respect for employees that was once very positive in this company years ago has all but vanished.

Set your quarterly desires aside and focus on your people. Good business strategy is simple, then it's followed, then achieved.

Not for everyone...

I have been working at Arctic Cat full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Corporately, Arctic Cat is a great family-oriented company that rewards employees when the Company is doing well. Upper management and corporate HR team are down-to-earth and have realistic expectations.

Cons

Distribution facility management is too segregated from the Corporate office. Management of distribution facility exhibit bad business practices.

A Great Place To work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thief River Falls, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thief River Falls, MN

I have been working at Arctic Cat

Pros

Great work atmosphere.
     Customer first. We try out best to put our customer first in everything.
     Great work expeirence.
     Good opportunity to advance. If you have a potential, they will see it and put to use.

Cons

Factory workers are layoff for 4 to 8 weeks every year.
    Average benefits
    Below average salaries.

No complaints. Very thankful to be working for your company.
     Thank you for making it such a fan place to work.