Arden Group

Arden Group Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bernard Briskin

The company engages the best in class employees to deliver the same to its customers.

Director of Real Estate (Former Employee)
Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Arden Group full-time for more than a year

ProsVery professional organization that excels in processes and procedures.

ConsThe career paths are limited within a small company such as Gelsons.

It is a good first job, especially for younger people.

Clerk's Assistant (Current Employee)
Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Arden Group part-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly co-workers, raises every few months, and many opportunities to be promoted. Good learning experience if this is your first job. Pay is somewhat better than most other grocery stores.

ConsBreaks are too short for the work days, and sometimes rude management. Very strict on parking in the lot in front of or around the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat all of your employees like they are about to steal something. Be more respectful, and we will respect you back.

Great company to gain job experience.

I have been working at Arden Group part-time

ProsManagers work with your schedule
Flexible Schedule
Good pay for Grocery Chain

ConsMicromanagement
Work every weekend
Inconsistent schedule
Have to work most holidays

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees instead of Micromanage

Great place to work!

Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Arden Group

ProsGreat place to work if your a student who needs flexible hours. They are very family oriented. During this recission, they are struggling with sales, since it is a upper class store, however, they have not announced any layoffs. Everybody is just geting their time reduced. Futhermore, if you work hard stay positive, provide excellent customer service you will be promoted. However, making it to upper management is tough, some store directors even take 10 years to be at where they are at right now.

ConsThe management does not listen to new ideas from employee's about making the company more profitable and offering differentiating from competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some business classes. Listen to your employee' s suggestion of new ideas. Get advice from employee's who have direct customer contact.

Alright job with flexible hours but poor management

Courtisy Clerk (Current Employee)
Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Arden Group

ProsBenefits are some of the best in town with full dental and health etc., the union contracts are fair and provide good pay for what position you have in the store. The management is good at scheduling flexible hours that can work around school or another job. Many of the co-workers are nice and actually like what they do.

ConsPoor management skills lead to bad customers which makes everyone's day bad. Poor communication and organization make small problems into larger ones. Some disgruntled employees make bad days contagious.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess management but provide better communication.

Stable, but without great growth

I have been working at Arden Group

ProsStable company with long-time presence in Southern California. Small company feel, though there are over 2,000 employees. Pleasant store level staff, middle management and most senior managers. Well-regarded name in the area.

ConsHave not opened any stores in 8+ years. Depending upon your position in the company, you may have some small potential for promotions, but they are rare outside of the stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow the company instead of issuing large payouts to stockholders. Reinvest in the company. Focus on growing sales and not only on cutting costs.

Worked for Arden Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arden Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arden Group CEO Bernard Briskin. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Arden Group employees.