Ardent Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

David T. Vandewater

Large Hospital Company w/ Small Company Feel

ProsSmart management team, great exposure to many levels of hospital operations. Great place to learn the drivers of healthcare,

ConsCan be expected to wear a lot of hats, but to be expected in most companies these days

Top Heavy, too many inexperienced managers and not enough experienced support staff

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe casual dress code. The Culture of the support staff.

Consinexperienced managers threatened by skill set of of more knowledgable, experienced support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to accept constructive criticism. Listen to your SME. A great leader surrounds themselves with support staff that know more than they do. There is a certain level or respect that is created as a result, its one of the things that makes them successful, as management doesn't have all the answers and never will. Listen to the voice of the little people sometimes..

Mismanaged, high turnover, financial concerns

Management (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThere are some good people who work here. But most are outside management and typically found as you near patients in the hospitals.

ConsEmployees share of Health care costs high. Low morale.
    Micro-managing senior management interferes with knowledgeable, skilled talent
    Behind in required technology deployments required by Health Care organizations. Written policy exists, but no emphasis on adhering to written policy, unless something breaks.
    Project Management getting better, but still poor due to office politics.
    Technology in use is dated year 2008, technology budget suffers considerably. If you're a talented technology leader, your career will stall here.
    Great people are passed over for outside personnel.
    Lost about 1/3rd it's technology workforce in the last 18 months.
    Many people not pulling their weight permitted to stay due to high turnover rate.
    Poor on boarding of both new personnel and new acquisitions.
    Finances hurting due to healthy trends in society and minimal re-investment into current facilities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ardent means "greed"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsAbout all I can say positive is that it is better than unemployment. It is nice to have a job in this economy.

ConsFocused only on numbers, enough profit is never enough. Won't spend to improve facility, slow to even make needed repairs. They ignore results of employee satisfaction surveys. The upper management do little work and are out of touch with the actual patient areas, won't leave their offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, don't treat them as disposable. Happy employees equal better patient satisfaction. Don't be so focused on squeezing the place dry.

Driven, for profit attitude

Manager (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsEmployees are expected to be the most efficient in the business. This is not a company where you can "sit back and collect" a paycheck. Good company for highly motivated employees. Pay is often above the norm for similar jobs in the same market.

ConsCan be "cut throat" and intimidating to employees. In some instances, its more about who you know than what you know. No sense of loyalty to employees (i.e. layoffs, demotions, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with more respect and make a better effort to keep your most promising employees.

The management was incompetence, the company was greedy!

RPT (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThe salary and bonus money were very good. The medical insurance was good to fair. Enjoyed my coworkers in my department.

ConsThe management were incompetent and undereducated. Upper management orders were performed regardless of ethical issues. No respect for employees. They are treated like cattle and under appreciated! Money is put first over patient care and employee satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour focus should be on patient care! Your management needs training before they are hired to be a manager!

It's a job

Analyst (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsHealth care is a growing field. The more you can learn in this field - the more options you will have for employment down the road. Health care will be very difficult to outsource. Over time there will always be opportunities in health care.

ConsNot a well run company. It is not much fun working for a company the never seems to have a good month. You sometimes worry about the life span of a company like this. The investors want a return on their investment, and it is difficult to say when their patients will run out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealth care is challanging - and the companies performance proves it. Too much emphsis on deal making and not enough on execution.

Laid back isn't always good

ProsGood benefits
    Decent pay but not comparable to others in the field
    Lots of PTO
    Nice location

Consmanagement lacks the ability to tell users "no"
    too many projects with mentality of "just get it done"
    Long hours due to poor staffing

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees, not your management staff.

No work life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHealthcare experience
    Average to above-average pay
    Company makes nice gestures like providing group lunches

ConsHigh turnover in IT
    Extremely long hours when a rush project is on, which is basically always -- one ends, another begins
    IT does not allow working from home except in select cases; depends on the manager
    For most, a lot of travel, usually on short notice

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize there are limits on what the current employee base can accomplish, and adjust accordingly.

Worked for Ardent Health? Contribute to the Community!