Ardent Health

David T. Vandewater

Do more with less....

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Immediate co-workers are a blessing to work with. If it weren't for them I would have left long ago.

Cons

Benefit costs go up every year. While they don't say it, it's practiced "do more with less". Abysmal resource planning and it's our hospital staff who suffer. The helpless desk can't even be a proper Tier 1 support even with continual training. Technology teams are allowed to run a muck and are rarely held accountable. We never have enough time, money or resources to do it right the first time, but we certainly do when it comes to fixing it! Employee Satisfaction surveys never get better and Leadership thinks its our fault and don't take responsibility for their shortcomings. Workloads and Timelines teeter on unmanageable and all we do is plow forward giving little to no thought what is left in the wake after we are done. No room for advancement unless you move to corporate.

Accountability people! Hire enough staff for the work load you hand out.

Great coworkers! !

I worked at Ardent Health

Pros

I worked at Claremore. Very friendly staff. I liked the small feel of a family.

Cons

Top heavy leadership. Too many chiefs not enough indians definitely applies here.

Don't ask your staff to do things you wouldn't do yourself.

Horrible place to work! The culture is management grinds all live out staff.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have to have a job. I work here until I can leave albuquerque.

Cons

Staff is treated like crap. Man there is a revolving door in HR. I can not believe there any employees with even 5 years with the company.

don't treat your staff like toilet paper!

AHS is an uncompassionate company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK

I worked at Ardent Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The working staff, nurses and nurse techs

Cons

Administration is only for themselves

The administration at Bailey in Owasso, Ok needs an overhaul! The working staff don't mean anything to administration. Basically, Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Ok, is a hub of the worst of AHS. When calling the main office in nashville, i was given a run around, no assistance their either. Just a horrible company to work for, in my opinion. The work enviroment is stressful because the 'rules' are different for each employee. HHS was a good place to work until, AHS bought them.

Large Hospital Company w/ Small Company Feel

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart management team, great exposure to many levels of hospital operations. Great place to learn the drivers of healthcare,

Cons

Can be expected to wear a lot of hats, but to be expected in most companies these days

Top Heavy, too many inexperienced managers and not enough experienced support staff

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The casual dress code. The Culture of the support staff.

Cons

inexperienced managers threatened by skill set of of more knowledgable, experienced support staff.

Learn how to accept constructive criticism. Listen to your SME. A great leader surrounds themselves with support staff that know more than they do. There is a certain level or respect that is created as a result, its one of the things that makes them successful, as management doesn't have all the answers and never will. Listen to the voice of the little people sometimes..

Mismanaged, high turnover, financial concerns

Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good people who work here. But most are outside management and typically found as you near patients in the hospitals.

Cons

Employees share of Health care costs high. Low morale.
    Micro-managing senior management interferes with knowledgeable, skilled talent
    Behind in required technology deployments required by Health Care organizations. Written policy exists, but no emphasis on adhering to written policy, unless something breaks.
    Project Management getting better, but still poor due to office politics.
    Technology in use is dated year 2008, technology budget suffers considerably. If you're a talented technology leader, your career will stall here.
    Great people are passed over for outside personnel.
    Lost about 1/3rd it's technology workforce in the last 18 months.
    Many people not pulling their weight permitted to stay due to high turnover rate.
    Poor on boarding of both new personnel and new acquisitions.
    Finances hurting due to healthy trends in society and minimal re-investment into current facilities.

Ardent means "greed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

About all I can say positive is that it is better than unemployment. It is nice to have a job in this economy.

Cons

Focused only on numbers, enough profit is never enough. Won't spend to improve facility, slow to even make needed repairs. They ignore results of employee satisfaction surveys. The upper management do little work and are out of touch with the actual patient areas, won't leave their offices.

Listen to your employees, don't treat them as disposable. Happy employees equal better patient satisfaction. Don't be so focused on squeezing the place dry.

Driven, for profit attitude

Former Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Ardent Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are expected to be the most efficient in the business. This is not a company where you can "sit back and collect" a paycheck. Good company for highly motivated employees. Pay is often above the norm for similar jobs in the same market.

Cons

Can be "cut throat" and intimidating to employees. In some instances, its more about who you know than what you know. No sense of loyalty to employees (i.e. layoffs, demotions, etc.)

Treat employees with more respect and make a better effort to keep your most promising employees.

The management was incompetence, the company was greedy!

Former Employee - RPT in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - RPT in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Ardent Health

Pros

The salary and bonus money were very good. The medical insurance was good to fair. Enjoyed my coworkers in my department.

Cons

The management were incompetent and undereducated. Upper management orders were performed regardless of ethical issues. No respect for employees. They are treated like cattle and under appreciated! Money is put first over patient care and employee satisfaction.

Your focus should be on patient care! Your management needs training before they are hired to be a manager!