Area Temps

1 Rating

Professional Organization

Current Employee - IT Staffer in Lakewood, OH
    Current Employee - IT Staffer in Lakewood, OH

I have been working at Area Temps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I am a recent hire and have been very impressed by the professionalism of the staff at Area Temps. They took the time to get to know me, my skills, and my job preferences and have made me confident that my interests are important to them.

Cons

I have not encountered any thus far, at least not beyond the obvious drawback of working for a temp agency while preferring permanent employment.

Misleading.

I have been working at Area Temps

Pros

Not much to say. But I guess I have to say something positive in order to post. They have lots of offices and get you registered fast.

Cons

They tell you they are forthright but never return your communication as they say they would. I do not recommend this company based on their lack of communication and disregard for your time.

Tell candidates if they are not in the top pick, honesty is still appreciated.

Temping is not easy but, this company seems decent enough.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Area Temps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learning new things with every assignment. Getting fairly consistent opportunities.

Cons

Very low pay. I worked for some real jerks for $8.50 per hour.
    Feeling like you're really on your own with nowhere to turn if the job situation is poor.
    Employers are not accountable for their ill-treatment of temporary employees.

Would like honesty when the position is offered. Better feedback structure would be helpful.

Not expected

I worked at Area Temps

Pros

n/a
    new experience
    learned how to NOT treat subordinates

Cons

Person I reported to was out of control. Throwing her shoes at us and swearing at staff.

Steals Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, OH

I worked at Area Temps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun place to work. Ability to help other people find jobs.

Cons

Managers steal other employees leads and then fire them for not getting enough sales.

Better structure in management and helping people who are promoted instead of forcing them to get fired for not being able to get sales when the managers claim the sales.

Good place to work while searching for a better opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Area Temps

Pros

It is very rewarding to match good honest applicants possessing strong work ethics to promising job positions available through the clients of Area Temps.

Cons

In reality, Very few applicants fit that description which leads to people walking off of the job during their shifts, constant call offs and lack of effort on the job. This leads to stress filled days dealing with unhappy account managers and clients wanting to know why their new temporary worker never returned from lunch.

Try to have a better grasp of the simple concept that people are who they are. If they are unhappy with a current job assignment or happen to have a poor work ethic no amount of counseling, persuading etc. is going to change that. Yelling at, punishing or reprimanding employees of Area Temps for sending temporary workers to job sites which in turn ends badly isn't going to do anything to fix the problem.