Arena Solutions

Updated February 6, 2015
Updated February 6, 2015
4.8

Craig Livingston

Best job I have ever had, what a career fostering environment

I have been working at Arena Solutions

Pros

Constantly challenged and with open door policies everyone is solving real world manufacturing problems for companies around the world daily.

Cons

haven't found them yet other than it is crazy busy and expensive to live in the bay area

Keep pushing me

Talented team working on a great product

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Arena Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Arena has a great team culture focused on delivering a complex mission-critical cloud application (Product Lifecycle Management) to product and manufacturing companies.

Cons

To be happy at Arena, it's important understand and appreciate how much PLM matters to the success of its customers (product and manufacturing companies).

Experienced PLM executive team leading a BOM Management SaaS company.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Arena Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Snacks every morning, great office culture. Ability to telecommute on Fridays. Amazing people to work with at a fantastic SaaS company solving a particular need - Product Lifecycle Management. The team makes you feel like you're making an impact in other companies, and the energy here is phenomenal.

Cons

Commute from the east bay can be a crap shoot, especially when accidents backup 880 or 680.

Best employment experience in fifteen years.

I have been working at Arena Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is where the adults work. We tell jokes--but they're short jokes. Sure, we'll wave in the hall--but we keep walking. Fast. Fast because we want to. Fast because it's fun. Fast because it's better to fail fast, learn and lead then muddle along in the middle. PLM. Product lifecycle management. That's our jam. Our customers are the most innovative companies in the world. And the coolest.

We look for people that are confident. Confident enough to diplomatically take an opposing view against a strong head wind championed by a number of execs... and yet not so arrogant that they throw their toys against the wall if they don't get their way.

Cons

No challenges worth mentioning that can't be handled with hard work, a positive attitude and a burning desire to excel.

Keep up the good work.

Fun environment, great pay, and good balance of work/home life.

I have been working at Arena Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As my title states, you really get it all with arena. I have been employed 6 months, and it has been a fantastic 6 months. Couldn't be happier with my decision to grow with Arena.

Cons

Long drive, but it's The Bay! You have to expect it.

Keep up the encouragement of new ideas!

Wonderful company to work for!

I have been working at Arena Solutions

Pros

Arena is an amazing company. You're surrounded by intelligent, fun, and hardworking people. Arena does a great job at taking care of their employees.

Cons

The commute to get to Arena Solutions

Great management team!

Great company and good place to work

I worked at Arena Solutions part-time

Pros

I really liked all the workers, even though I was younger they all made sure I was included and really made an effort to get to know me.

Cons

The commute was a little long and far from where I reside.

Best group of people I've ever worked with - smart, energized and they love what they do.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Arena Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent people, really good culture and work atmosphere. Laid back and casual, but hard workers who are all results oriented. They make an effort to keep employees happy with free bagel days, candy bowls, quarterly company events and department specific offsite activities. Very good with flexibility and work/life balance. This is a place where people are generally happy to stay for a few years.

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the past 2 years, you could call them growing pains, but the verdict is still out on if there plans will work. Changes included some members of the senior staff leaving or getting pushed out, the entire marketing department leaving one after another, and the ENTIRE senior staff getting replaced by people from Arena's former competitor. This has led to a little bit of culture shock and not everyone had been thrilled working for the new staff. Hopefully these relationships will continue to improve.
    There is a cafeteria in walking distance, but you need to drive to San Mateo to get anything decent.

Great Company with excellent culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Arena Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Great team culture
    Excellent product and great potential for the enhancements of existing product and several new products
    Open offices and walk into anyone's office

Cons

Benefits could be a little better

Keep doing what you are doing already. Its awesome!

Visionary company with stellar employees

Former Employee - Education Services Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Education Services Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Arena Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are the smartest and most fun group of people I have worked with. The culture is friendly, casual and focused on quality of the product. The product is the best thing on the market.

Cons

While the product vision and deliverable is outstanding, service offerings have gone through many changes in the past 5 years. As a part of the internal services organization, ideas were not listened to, a cohesive plan for the future was not put in place, and there was no data collected on whether or not customers were receiving services that met or fell short of their needs.

Acknowledge that most system implementations involve change management at some level. Consider mainstreaming your product by partnering with outside service providers. The more organizations that are willing to recommend your product, implement it, train on it and ensure the success of your customers, the better.

Arena Solutions Photos