Arena Solutions Reviews

Updated March 19, 2014
Updated March 19, 2014

4.6

Craig Livingston

Great company and good place to work

I worked at Arena Solutions part-time

Pros

I really liked all the workers, even though I was younger they all made sure I was included and really made an effort to get to know me.

Cons

The commute was a little long and far from where I reside.

Best group of people I've ever worked with - smart, energized and they love what they do.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Arena Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent people, really good culture and work atmosphere. Laid back and casual, but hard workers who are all results oriented. They make an effort to keep employees happy with free bagel days, candy bowls, quarterly company events and department specific offsite activities. Very good with flexibility and work/life balance. This is a place where people are generally happy to stay for a few years.

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the past 2 years, you could call them growing pains, but the verdict is still out on if there plans will work. Changes included some members of the senior staff leaving or getting pushed out, the entire marketing department leaving one after another, and the ENTIRE senior staff getting replaced by people from Arena's former competitor. This has led to a little bit of culture shock and not everyone had been thrilled working for the new staff. Hopefully these relationships will continue to improve.
    There is a cafeteria in walking distance, but you need to drive to San Mateo to get anything decent.

Great Company with excellent culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Arena Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people
    Great team culture
    Excellent product and great potential for the enhancements of existing product and several new products
    Open offices and walk into anyone's office

Cons

Benefits could be a little better

Keep doing what you are doing already. Its awesome!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Visionary company with stellar employees

Former Employee - Education Services Manager  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Education Services Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Arena Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees are the smartest and most fun group of people I have worked with. The culture is friendly, casual and focused on quality of the product. The product is the best thing on the market.

Cons

While the product vision and deliverable is outstanding, service offerings have gone through many changes in the past 5 years. As a part of the internal services organization, ideas were not listened to, a cohesive plan for the future was not put in place, and there was no data collected on whether or not customers were receiving services that met or fell short of their needs.

Acknowledge that most system implementations involve change management at some level. Consider mainstreaming your product by partnering with outside service providers. The more organizations that are willing to recommend your product, implement it, train on it and ensure the success of your customers, the better.

Great Culture with an opportunity to solve real business problems

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Arena Solutions

Pros

The company culture at Arena is hands down the best I have ever seen. The environment is friendly, casual and fun. The people who work here are real standouts, there is not a single person at this company that I wouldn't recommend to come work with me again. Further the level of talent at the company is impressive, from top to bottom nearly every position is filled with the best candidate I have ever seen in that role.

You will get to work on the bleeding edge of b2b SaaS, you will be inventing best practice and discovering what doesn't work, all of which is encouraged. Because here what is expected is being fast and learning from your mistakes, not perfection. This speed of innovation/iteration means you will accomplish more in 6 months then others accomplish in 2 years and you will take on more responsibility then those with twice your experience at other companies. The benefit of all this is that you will become better, faster and stronger but most of all you will love every minute of your time here.

One final note, the view in the office is amazing. On a clear day it makes coming into the office a true pleasure.

Cons

The benefits packages could be better, and the food choices in walking distance are extremely limited.

Incredibly smart people, nimble, ambitious company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Arena Solutions

Pros

If you want to make a difference, if you want your work to count, to mean something, Arena is the place. The people here are incredibly bright and ambitious. Life outside of work is important and in many ways, built into the culture. Working from home, odd hours to accommodate ever shifting schedules due to kids, elderly parents, etc., goes without saying. Most importantly, our product is incredibly cool and makes a huge difference to the manufacturers who adopt it.

Cons

For those of us who have worked at some of the larger high tech firms in the valley you miss a lot of the perks -- the cafeterias and gyms, etc. It's not a a big downside but it can be a bummer when talking to friends at Google and Cisco and hearing about free Sushi and international corporate boondoggles. At the same time, it's worth it not to punch the proverbial marshmallow all day long.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a member of the management team so any advice here would be self serving....

Arena is a great place to learn about enterprise software sales.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Arena Solutions

Pros

They have a great management team. Fun environment that allows you to be yourself as long as you do your work and show that you care. Everyone is rewarded and recognized for going above and beyond company expectations. There is a lot of room for growth in the company.

Cons

The product is great but not an essential software. At times it is hard to believe in the product with so many alternatives and competitors that have a larger budget for marketing.

Great job keep it up working for Arena was a great experience and has helped me in future jobs. Craig was not the CEO when I worked for Arena Mike T was.

Great first Job

I have been working at Arena Solutions

Pros

Best working atmosphere and team spirit I have ever witnessed. Great learning experience to learn marketing essentials in a tough B2B market, with an incredibly motivated, yet fun team.

Cons

Long-ish commute if you live in San Francisco or San Jose. Despite a beautiful location at the Bay, limited food options available in walking distance.

Worked for Arena Solutions? Contribute to the Community!