Argo

www.argo.bz

Argo Reviews

3.2

CEO

Not a place for life but a great step up

Current Employee - Programmer in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Programmer in Tokyo (Japan)

I have been working at Argo

Pros

I get a lot of freedom to lead things as you believe it's best. They not only support you but instigate you to go to participate in events, study groups and others. Even though it's a japanese company the treatment given to foreigners is very welcoming. The payment is average~bit high compared to other Tokyo based web startups but I've received a nice hiring bonus and got my moving expenses payed by the company. They also offer a "bonus" for going to work by bycicle (around half of your commuting costs).

Cons

Lack of a clear reward/bonus policy.

I gave it 1 start because it wouldn't let me give it 0 stars. Worse job I EVER had.

Former Employee - Programmer Level II in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Programmer Level II in Richardson, TX

I worked at Argo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can't think of a single one.

Cons

Poor pay, NO cost of living raise given, High expectations with NO reward, Fire people at the drop of a hat, 50% of the people hired leave within the first year, NOBODY knows what is going on. Management hasn't got a clue, WORST piece of software I have seen in my entire career.

Your products are so kludged by beginner programmers that you throw at it, it's gotten to the point it unmaintainable. Why ANYBODY would purchase your software after talking to your other clients is beyond me!