Argo Turboserve

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
4.4

Clyde D. Keaton

Argo is an entrepreneurial employer that allows you freedom to succeed but ownership of your decisions if incorrect.

I have been working at Argo Turboserve full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to learn how to grow and try new roles and industry support. Leadership is accessible and willing to let you try new processes and grow with new markets and customers

Cons

This lack talent across the org as many people are just in for the ride and not real self-improvement focused.

a strong focus on recruiting and development but not allowing people to just get by without growth. Allow the divisions to work together to be stronger in the market with a more robust customer support network.

Change is good

Former Employee - Web Developer/Architect
    Former Employee - Web Developer/Architect

I worked at Argo Turboserve full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that I met during my stay at ATC were amazing. There really is a strong team environment in place and most of the management staff are great at what they do.

Cons

Some of the business models seem a little out dated and difficult to sustain in today's rapidly changing environment. The bulk of the company's earnings come from one or two divisions while the others are certainly struggling. While I hope things improve, I believe that without a radical shift in the way some divisions operate there will not be as much job security as in previous years.

Using technology to advance and expand profitability is never a bad thing. ERP systems are designed to be generic and are meant to be customized to fit the needs of a business. One shouldn't be afraid to perform optimizations to improve efficiency. Documentation is the missing piece.

Very solid company, takes care of employees

I have been working at Argo Turboserve

Pros

Takes care of employees, addresses employees' needs, competitive pay and 401k, training and development, many growth opportunities, they look to promote from within, have a solid core team in all divisions, great support staff

Cons

at times there could be a lot of work that is assigned to few individuals, no vision plan, and vacation is capped at 3 weeks after 5 years

potentially increasing vacation time after 5 years of service, look at a potential vision plan

Very Good

I have been working at Argo Turboserve as an intern

Pros

Loved the people, loved the location. Very close community

Cons

The company is working on expanding.

My experience at Argo was very rewarding and fulfilling.

Current Employee - Kitter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Kitter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Argo Turboserve full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved to come to work, and the atmosphere was very comfortable and relaxing. The job was also challenging and allowed you to utilize technical and conceptual skills.

Cons

Management was not truthful about the stability of the job, which led to my involuntary termination.

Management was new to Argo Turbo.

Do Good Get more work, Do bad get less work

Current Employee - Purchasing Representative in Lyndhurst, NJ
    Current Employee - Purchasing Representative in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Argo Turboserve full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a very small company with mulitple sites and lots of high end clients. You work very closely with upper management and there is a good chance for moving up if you play politics and learn the job quickly.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done with very quick deadlines. There is a whole lot of stress with very long hours. Usually the people that work hard get a lot more work and those who are average get less. with more work there isnt a lot more compensation.

Need to learn to replace bad seed quicker

Great culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Argo Turboserve

Pros

Great culture of people and a fast paced environment. There is always room to grow in the company and if you ask you shall receive.

Cons

There is a lot of work and few to do it. The ERP system needs to be updated to better suite the needs of the company.

ATC provided me with the opportuntity to have an exciting long-term career with financial reward

I have been working at Argo Turboserve

Pros

Management is very interested in the training and development of employees and making staff feel involved in the growth of the company. Managment thinks long-term and invests in the businesses so that they can prosper. Strong emphasis on HR role which has created a dynanic culture

Cons

Several divisions based on contracts with large clients. Risk of non-renweal, however opportunities about in other areas to top performers. Growth is driven by new customer agreeements and are like start-ups requiring hard work to make perfect execution

Need to improve web site to make more understandable.