Argopoint Reviews

Jason Winmill

1. Excellent Experience

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Argopoint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Working in close contact with F500 companies -Fast Paced Learning Environment -Awesome and convenient location -Growing responsibilities upon completion of satisfactory work -Flexible work schedule -Great communication amongst employees -Upper management is actively involved in daily operations

Cons

-Challenging but rewarding experience -Decent amount of pressure when communicating with some of the largest companies in the world -Occasionally will have to step outside your comfort zone

2. Argopoint LLC

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you stay long enough and pay your dues the opportunities will come.

Cons

Small space and varying help from upper-level employees.

Advice to Management

Take time to hire people yourself and ensure good employees.

3. Great Learning Experience

Pros

Aren't restricted to one roll. Have the ability to jump around, and gain a lot of experience from some really smart people.

Cons

Upper management not always the most approachable.

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites with the interns.

5. Good, if you don't mind an unusual setup and are overly dedicated to work.

Pros

When put on a project, you will get a lot of hands on first-hand partner level experience. With the right group of people, you'll have a great time

Cons

No guarantee you will be put on a project right away. There is an expectation that work always comes first before anything else.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about the stringent requirements for the employees. Do not think less of employees for having other commitments or for having other priorities.

6. Awesome experience!

Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of interaction with senior management. Great communication with team. Can learn a lot about management consulting.

Cons

Must find your own work since it is a small company. A lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

None!

7. Outstanding Experience

Pros

The office culture is extremely development-focused, with personal development and professional growth as a key goal for all employees. There are substantial opportunities for direct experience and exposure to all aspects of the consulting firm, ranging from marketing exposure to the most important client projects.

Cons

Because of the nature of the firm, there can often be a very disparate set of responsibilities employees take on. Maintaining the correct balance among these responsibilities can prove challenging.

8. Great opportunity to learn and grow with amazing exposure.

Current Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Argopoint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work with great people. - Opportunity to work closely with projects and play an integral role in execution. - Quality of work delivered results in overwhelming feedback from clients. Very rewarding. - Challenging introduction, but develops key skills

Cons

- Not the easiest start. A lot of marketing work, but do it well and take initiative and you will find yourself being assigned to more exciting projects in no time.

Advice to Management

Undoubtedly works the hardest. Can be demanding and keep us on ours toes but it seems to produce great results! Keep it up, would really love to see the business grow.

9. A valuable stop in my career path

Pros

I was with the firm for a little over a year before I decided to put my career on hold in order to go full time for my MBA. If you're interested in consulting, you'll get the opportunity to gain experience among a wide variety of industries. The pace is quick and intellectually demanding, but for someone interested in consulting this should be of no surprise. The Managing Partner is visible within the firm, and keeps in touch with even the most junior of associates. The culture at Argopoint is informal, which helps with the collegial atmosphere - you won't find the cut throat environment that can be present at other firms in the industry.

Cons

Some travel is required, and you are expected to keep afloat on all of your deliverables since case teams are in constant communication. The nature of the work does require knowledge of both business and legal issues, but this was something I was able to pick up during my time there.

10. Review of Job

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of young workers, exciting enviornment, you get a lot of experience doing different things such as recruiting, seo, etc, good consulting experience

Cons

lots of interns, if you are looking for a corporate work enviornment, this is not it. it is a fairly small company, interns are not paid

11. Friendly, hard-working, and intelligent coworkers

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Argopoint attracts some of the brightest minds in the industry at all levels from the most senior consultants down to the interns. I often found myself consistently impressed with the dedication and quality of work produced by my project teams.

Cons

The firm is relatively new within the consulting industry as a whole, but you still get the opportunity to work with many experienced professionals.

Advice to Management

Focus on firm growth and establishing Argopoint's name within the industry

RSS Feed </> Embed