Argopoint

Jason Winmill

Associate Consultant Intern

Former Employee - Associate Consultant Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

One on one time with senior management!

Cons

It's a small company, there is little room for error. It's an incredible place to learn, but the learning curve is steep.

Awesome experience!

Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of interaction with senior management. Great communication with team. Can learn a lot about management consulting.

Cons

Must find your own work since it is a small company. A lot of responsibility.

None!

Outstanding Experience

I worked at Argopoint

Pros

The office culture is extremely development-focused, with personal development and professional growth as a key goal for all employees. There are substantial opportunities for direct experience and exposure to all aspects of the consulting firm, ranging from marketing exposure to the most important client projects.

Cons

Because of the nature of the firm, there can often be a very disparate set of responsibilities employees take on. Maintaining the correct balance among these responsibilities can prove challenging.

Great opportunity to learn and grow with amazing exposure.

Current Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Argopoint part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Work with great people.
    - Opportunity to work closely with projects and play an integral role in execution.
    - Quality of work delivered results in overwhelming feedback from clients. Very rewarding.
    - Challenging introduction, but develops key skills

Cons

- Not the easiest start. A lot of marketing work, but do it well and take initiative and you will find yourself being assigned to more exciting projects in no time.

Undoubtedly works the hardest. Can be demanding and keep us on ours toes but it seems to produce great results! Keep it up, would really love to see the business grow.

I worked at Argopoint as an intern

Pros

Get to do real business work, not just buy coffee, clean office or answer the phones.

Cons

Interns can get very busy. They usually work lots of extra hours

They should be more organized with intern schedule.

A great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Argopoint as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with, a huge introduction and exposure to the world of management consulting, if you nail the small stuff you have a chance to contribute to C-level presentations and projects/case studies, a sense of ownership, lots of transparency, cool location to work in

Cons

Turnover is high as Argopoint does serve as an incubator of sorts, work flow is based on projects and as such activity depends on the stage a project is in, work can be tedious at times

Keep up the good work and grow the business a bit more

Indeed.. one of the most valuable experiences

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint as a contractor

Pros

Great group of people to work with
    Will get the experience or experiences you want or need
    Interesting organization

Cons

Communications - It's going to be a tough day at work when you don't communicate or can't communicate via email with updates and such

A valuable stop in my career path

I worked at Argopoint

Pros

I was with the firm for a little over a year before I decided to put my career on hold in order to go full time for my MBA. If you're interested in consulting, you'll get the opportunity to gain experience among a wide variety of industries. The pace is quick and intellectually demanding, but for someone interested in consulting this should be of no surprise. The Managing Partner is visible within the firm, and keeps in touch with even the most junior of associates. The culture at Argopoint is informal, which helps with the collegial atmosphere - you won't find the cut throat environment that can be present at other firms in the industry.

Cons

Some travel is required, and you are expected to keep afloat on all of your deliverables since case teams are in constant communication. The nature of the work does require knowledge of both business and legal issues, but this was something I was able to pick up during my time there.

Review of Job

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of young workers, exciting enviornment, you get a lot of experience doing different things such as recruiting, seo, etc, good consulting experience

Cons

lots of interns, if you are looking for a corporate work enviornment, this is not it. it is a fairly small company, interns are not paid

Friendly, hard-working, and intelligent coworkers

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Argopoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Argopoint attracts some of the brightest minds in the industry at all levels from the most senior consultants down to the interns. I often found myself consistently impressed with the dedication and quality of work produced by my project teams.

Cons

The firm is relatively new within the consulting industry as a whole, but you still get the opportunity to work with many experienced professionals.

Focus on firm growth and establishing Argopoint's name within the industry