Argosy University

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Craig Swenson

Good but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and everyone is always helpful.

ConsMore classes are moving online so less and less opportunity for teaching face to face. Plus the requirements for part time employees have increased to the same level as full time faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people on as full time faculty and provide more face to face classes for students.

This was a great experience everyone was very helpful.

Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat school I enjoyed writing competencies.

ConsI would have liked to have been on staff instead of contracted.

Student Worker

Student Worker (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFlexibility with schedule, everyone is a big happy family

ConsLots of time sensitive projects

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great entry level experience

ProsThe best part of my job were my co-workers. I did not mind going to work everyday because I had a great relationship with the people that I worked with, and I think that plays a huge role in your job satisfaction.

ConsI do not like sitting in a cubicle all day, which of course if you're the type of person who is use to this, it will be no big deal for you. I also did not like having to call the same "leads" everyday, and I sometimes felt that I was being pressured to enroll people who were not prepared to start a very EXPENSIVE education. The undergraduate program was bogus in my opinion, and cost WAAAAY to much!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not micromanage.

Very professional faculty and great degree offerings.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsArgosy University offers a wonderful educational focus with their degree offerings.

ConsDifficult to attract students wanting more of a ground campus experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementPotential students do not like to be pressured to start before they are ready putting the Admissions Rep, needing to hit specific numbers, in a difficult ethical tightrope.

Believe it or Not, It's a Nice Place to Work

Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros-Loved the staff
    -Very clean campus
    -Did I mention staff
    -Good amount of training

Cons-Sometimes unrealistic expectations
    -Financial aid office members are often time very rude and do not help students at initial contact

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider how the financial aid office connects with students early on. Do not leave financial questions to the admissions team. Specific financial questions should be referred to the financial advisors, this is to include initial contact. Admissions advisors should not be a part of any of the financial process such as telling students how to get started with their financial aid process. This should all be handled by the finance department as this is suppose to be what they are experts at and paid to do.

Sales...not educational job

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsGood pay, Incentives, Good team

ConsLack of stability
    Lack of honest job description
    3 strikes rule
    No commission
    not a marketable tool

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest.

Has its issues, but not a bad place for instructors to work

Instructor (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe working conditions were good - they made an effort to orient new P/T instructors. They also seemed to appreciate instructors. The compensation was quite competitive. They also had profit sharing options even for P/T instructors.

ConsAt the time they seemed to be catching up with instructional technology. Like many online or private for profit universities, their advising and admissions staff seemed underpaid and a bit overwhelmed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter integration of support services for staff and instructors is needed.

Admissions

Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) Alameda, CA

ProsManager was a great leader

ConsMy commute was very short

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Some Opportunities, but limited growth

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

ProsI loved helping students get into school. I loved my co - workers they were always helpful.

ConsSome challenges would be prospects/leads (not enough). Sometimes you could spend the whole day calling and no one answers or bad phone number. Also, there were no innovative ideas coming from the direct manager or the regional manager. Also the company is going through some financial loss.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to think outside of the box. Learn new and innovative ideas to share with your staff. Go to trainings outside of Argosy or the EDMC company to get better ideas on how to run the business. Also, you should spend more money on radio and television advertisement. There is a lot of competition and you have to stand out, especially when you offer the same programs as any other university. The prospect will naturally choose the school that is more known. You have a lot to offer however, people just need to know who you are.

Worked for Argosy University? Contribute to the Community!