Argosy University

Awful company- toxic environment

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay for school (tuition- not fees)

Cons

The company doesn't support growth and keeps the employees in the dark about everything. The rules are changed every day on how to recruit students. There is no appreciation and it has just become a toxic environment.

Focus on the employees more and don't keep them in the dark. Constant focus on pleasing the people above instead of below doesn't help the company be successful.

I had a great supervisor, overall it was a nice learning experience.

Former Employee - Academic Advisor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Academic Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the staff was very educated and friendly while I worked there. I had a nice work station as well and the students were for the most part very nice.

Cons

The president/VPAA were both subpar in my mind, did not have a lot of direction. The senior managment was all over the place as well, no direction for staff.

Compensate the staff fairly and discuss ways for them to frow within the university.

The most unorganized environment I have ever worked in

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than a year

Pros

The front line associates. The staff I worked with was great.

Cons

Zero communication from EDMC to the local campuses. EDMC runs the show, we had no say at a local level. NO MARKETING!!! HORRID LEADERSHIP!

Try to at least communicate

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Look elsewhere

I have been working at Argosy University full-time

Pros

Many of the full time employees consistently have the students' best interests in mind and heart.

Cons

Too many full time employees are not required to do the work that used to be done my 2 or 3 full time people. Employees are not sufficiently appreciated or valued but are viewed as expendable and easily replaceable.

Focus on employee appreciation and creating a healthy work/life balance for full time employees

Brainless, not challenging work, toxic environment

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Chicago, IL

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Argosy pays for your schooling

Cons

not challenging, no career path, no focus on employees, long hours

treat your employees like humans

Very professional faculty and great degree offerings.

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Argosy University offers a wonderful educational focus with their degree offerings.

Cons

Difficult to attract students wanting more of a ground campus experience.

Potential students do not like to be pressured to start before they are ready putting the Admissions Rep, needing to hit specific numbers, in a difficult ethical tightrope.

The entire time I was there, it was frustrating and awful.

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a decent salary and benefits. They also really took the time to train you on most of the job requirements. Also, the Sarasota campus did occasional events and potlucks. And when I left, the admissions team was great. My coworkers really supported each other and worked to help each other out. Most importantly, there was no "cutthroat" atmosphere in admissions...it was frowned upon to "steal" students from another admissions rep. This made it a much more collaborative environment.

Cons

There are plenty. I had a few major frustrations. One being the challenge of getting students. You never technically do any cold calling, but there are so many leads that are provided that were mistakenly made. The database of leads was ridiculous. They were having us call leads that were 5 years old (yes, you read that right). That's how bad the business was. There was such a lack of new leads that we were having to go that far back. And of course, it would be your funeral if you tried to bring up the fact that the leads were crap. You'd be spoonfed a statement like "there's no such thing as a bad lead." Absolute garbage. The other major frustration I had was the restructuring of the company. They changed the management of regions and we had a new regional manager type (I forget the actual title), who was in charge of a few of the Argosy locations. This person was awful. They used intimidation and they had absolutely no people skills at all. This person didn't like the approach of one of the admissions reps, so they sat at the AR's desk for hours one day. They also talked down to others, which was not ok. My other issue was with the employee review process. There are several competencies, like professionalism, product knowledge, student focus, and a few others. Now say that you don't hit your expected numbers. They will start to change your different competencies from "exceeds" or "meets expectations" to "below expectations." It's frustrating to be completely professional at all times and representing the company well, but as soon as you're not hitting your numbers, they might say "well, if you're not getting students, then you must not be professional." But since they can't actually fire you for not hitting your numbers, then this is how they have to do it I suppose. Ridiculous.

Stop using fear tactics to manage others, and treat them with respect. Also, the whole slideshow presentation given to students is not working.

I was a student and was an adjunct instructor

I have been working at Argosy University

Pros

Love the programs and faculty.

Cons

I was waiting and waiting to teach courses and many times I was not offered a course to teach for month on in. I wish they were more professional. I am still waiting to teach courses there.

There should be more professional faculty schedulers. I am very disappointed that I was not offered courses to teach when I did such a great job there.

Top heavy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Argosy University full-time

Pros

Great people in the company at a ground level. Students and Health Science programs are very good.

Cons

Very top heavy company. Focusing on getting students to only take online courses, when students are adamantly against this. Only look at the money side of things, not the students.

At least i got some experience (Finance Counselor)

Former Employee - Finance  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great People to work with
    -Some great managers
    -Helping students

Cons

-No advancement
    -Boys Club (Worked at UoP a MUST to be promoted)
    -No pay increase
    -Lowest paid Finance Counselors in the industry

Try to think outside the box. For the employees,

Worked for Argosy University? Contribute to the Community!