Argosy University

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Craig Swenson

Look elsewhere

ProsMany of the full time employees consistently have the students' best interests in mind and heart.

ConsToo many full time employees are not required to do the work that used to be done my 2 or 3 full time people. Employees are not sufficiently appreciated or valued but are viewed as expendable and easily replaceable.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee appreciation and creating a healthy work/life balance for full time employees

Brainless, not challenging work, toxic environment

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsArgosy pays for your schooling

Consnot challenging, no career path, no focus on employees, long hours

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees like humans

Very professional faculty and great degree offerings.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsArgosy University offers a wonderful educational focus with their degree offerings.

ConsDifficult to attract students wanting more of a ground campus experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementPotential students do not like to be pressured to start before they are ready putting the Admissions Rep, needing to hit specific numbers, in a difficult ethical tightrope.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The entire time I was there, it was frustrating and awful.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsThey have a decent salary and benefits. They also really took the time to train you on most of the job requirements. Also, the Sarasota campus did occasional events and potlucks. And when I left, the admissions team was great. My coworkers really supported each other and worked to help each other out. Most importantly, there was no "cutthroat" atmosphere in admissions...it was frowned upon to "steal" students from another admissions rep. This made it a much more collaborative environment.

ConsThere are plenty. I had a few major frustrations. One being the challenge of getting students. You never technically do any cold calling, but there are so many leads that are provided that were mistakenly made. The database of leads was ridiculous. They were having us call leads that were 5 years old (yes, you read that right). That's how bad the business was. There was such a lack of new leads that we were having to go that far back. And of course, it would be your funeral if you tried to bring up the fact that the leads were crap. You'd be spoonfed a statement like "there's no such thing as a bad lead." Absolute garbage. The other major frustration I had was the restructuring of the company. They changed the management of regions and we had a new regional manager type (I forget the actual title), who was in charge of a few of the Argosy locations. This person was awful. They used intimidation and they had absolutely no people skills at all. This person didn't like the approach of one of the admissions reps, so they sat at the AR's desk for hours one day. They also talked down to others, which was not ok. My other issue was with the employee review process. There are several competencies, like professionalism, product knowledge, student focus, and a few others. Now say that you don't hit your expected numbers. They will start to change your different competencies from "exceeds" or "meets expectations" to "below expectations." It's frustrating to be completely professional at all times and representing the company well, but as soon as you're not hitting your numbers, they might say "well, if you're not getting students, then you must not be professional." But since they can't actually fire you for not hitting your numbers, then this is how they have to do it I suppose. Ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop using fear tactics to manage others, and treat them with respect. Also, the whole slideshow presentation given to students is not working.

I was a student and was an adjunct instructor

ProsLove the programs and faculty.

ConsI was waiting and waiting to teach courses and many times I was not offered a course to teach for month on in. I wish they were more professional. I am still waiting to teach courses there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more professional faculty schedulers. I am very disappointed that I was not offered courses to teach when I did such a great job there.

Top heavy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsGreat people in the company at a ground level. Students and Health Science programs are very good.

ConsVery top heavy company. Focusing on getting students to only take online courses, when students are adamantly against this. Only look at the money side of things, not the students.

At least i got some experience (Finance Counselor)

Finance (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-Great People to work with
    -Some great managers
    -Helping students

Cons-No advancement
    -Boys Club (Worked at UoP a MUST to be promoted)
    -No pay increase
    -Lowest paid Finance Counselors in the industry

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to think outside the box. For the employees,

Very disorganized disappointing waste of time.

Financial Aid (Former Employee)

ProsI respected my direct supervisor and many of my direct colleagues, fair pay, and schedule flexibility (I credit this to my boss not the campus).

ConsSevere consistent lack of communication and professionalism from higher management. Working with central processing was frustrating because we are not allowed to correct and rectify issues on the campus level - and they are working harder and harder on removing responsibilities from ground campuses. This created a very hostile environment, and led to a severe distrust between the employees and the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication even if the news is bad. Utilize the skills of your employees and really listen to their criticisms.

This job is a joke! Get out while you can. Terrible Management

no opportunity for advancement
    not what originally applied for. Management is VERY misleading
    Extremely high turnover
    Call Center type environment- exp to make 200 calls per day
    Constant change of policy and procedure
    Heavy Micro Managing.
    List goes on and on......

Advice to Senior ManagementVery dishonest, dysfunctional and disrespectful management. Learn how to communicate and value employees.

Focus is on business not education quality

Program Chair (Former Employee)

Prosacademic program flexibility
    usually nicely located campuses
    enjoy working with students

Consno upward communication and communication between campuses/administrators nationally is awful
    courses are viewed like products and the Chairs manage the assembly line. they are not a part of company management or a significant part of planning
    focus is on sales of product and maintenance of customers

Worked for Argosy University? Contribute to the Community!