Argus Information & Advisory Services

Argus Information & Advisory Services Reviews

Updated January 25, 2015
Updated January 25, 2015

Michael Heller

Pros
  • Projects resulting and involving great understanding of credit card industry and data management (in 12 reviews)

• Learn a lot about data, where it's from and how it's abstracted and then advised for clients (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very long hours depending on the team which you're in (in 11 reviews)

• bad work life balance, lower pay rate, over confidence (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting work, smart colleagues, genuine development opportunities for the right people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on the most relevant issues facing the banking industry. Argus does care about retaining top talent - and is doing everything they can to make the job sustainable while continuing to deliver the highest quality for its clients. Personal development opportunities are big, but only for the better performers.

Cons

Travel can become the norm. First few years are tough as one needs to prove themselves. No easy passage based on reputation. Experience can vary significantly across teams and projects.

Training, perks and work-life balance.

It was a best experience working at Argus. It is employee friendly company.

Current Employee - Summer Technical Analyst Intern in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Summer Technical Analyst Intern in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Employee friendly environment, free snacks and beverages, good in analytics domain, arrange different events and offer bonus to their full time employees.

Cons

Finance department sometimes mess up with the salaries (delayed), there is a little bit of space issue for interns (which will resolve soon)

Analyst Intern

Former Employee - Analyst Intern in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst Intern in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

The teams are small at Argus. Most people are your team are usually available to talk or to walk you through something. This is most valuable when tackling a problem when someone on your team might have more experience with.

Cons

As an intern, wish there was more of a concrete program for interns. It sometimes seemed like the interns were thrown into the wild to fend for themselves their first week. Also, some interns received more formal training than others depending on what team that had been placed on.

A well structured intern injection program that guarantees that interns are all on the same level no matter what team or company project they are on. A streamlined process and orientation would not hurt.

Great internship experience

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services as an intern

Pros

As a intern, you will obtain great work experience that will jump start your career. Many interns are hired on as full time employees.

Cons

Young professional environment with many recent graduates. Fast paced and not for the faint of heart. Not a place where you can push paper and still get by.

Great Learning in the Credit Card industry space

Current Employee - Analyst in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Really smart and bright co-workers
    Great for those interested in data analytics
    Many opportunities to grow and get promoted

Cons

Low base but high bonus

Great experience for those interested in real analytical and data challenges

Current Employee - Vice President in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Pros

You will get an opportunity to work with some of he smartest and best professionals on challenging assignments for the world leading financial institutions. Strong differientiated product offering with real growth and opportunities.

Cons

It is important that you are highly motivated. Those with strong communications skills and strong analytical skills will do better. Those without can get lost in the organization.

Spend more time with new hires

Great place to work to learn, working with great people and with top clients

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Pros

Growth opportunities, great clients, challenging work, and good compensation (with real bonuses).

Cons

Long hours and compressed time lines. Some projects are unrealistically scoped.

Very good. But Highly intense work culture is not for everyone.

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Pros

Intense and meritocratic. An opportunity to learn consumer banking and high end quantitative analysis.

Cons

One or two bad apples make it hard for everyone.

Put greater emphasis on employee empowerment. Get rid of the bad apples.

Argus is a great company to work at- nonsense if you hear otherwise!

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Pros

I am relatively new to this company but it is such a great environment. There is a lot of opportunity to work with senior managers and learn a lot. The people are super smart and come from the top schools. There is a lot of emphasis placed on working on interesting projects and I know that I will learn more here than if I go to a larger firm. Already, I have received exposure to all of our major products and studies. If I went to a larger firm, I would have some of these projects but here I can work on many interesting things.

I have received training and mentoring. I also know that there are a lot of nice perks here which I know my friends do not receive at other firms. Free drinks whenever I want like snapple and sodas, free tea and coffee, weekly breakfasts, company outings, happy hours, and really great benefits.

My pay is very competitive. I also know that there have been a lot of recent work to continue to improve the work environment.

We work hard but people are reasonable here and give me a lot of room to grow and develop.

Cons

Hard work and long hours but not as long as many of my friends at other firms.

I like the changes that I have seen even in the short amount of time here at Argus. Management seems very interested in making changes to benefit all employees.

Very competitive salary and benefits. Great changes taking place to make it even a better place to work!

Pros

Cons

Could have a free gym

Continue what already doing.

Argus Information & Advisory Services Photos