Arhaus Furniture Reviews

141 reviews filtered by
2.5
Arhaus Furniture CEO John Reed
John Reed

Pros
  • Beautiful environment to work at (in 10 reviews)

• This company is growing really fast (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The proof is in upper management of all levels of the company (in 11 reviews)

• but then the phone rang and no one seemed to hear it (in 10 reviews)

1. customer service

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

Great company with great benefits.

Cons

to few people in the department

2. Positive work environment.

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Quality furniture, niche market, great people.

Cons

Because it is a niche market, the sales are a little more difficult to get but a much better pay off.

Great company for those who work hard

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Beautiful product and showrooms
    Potential to make an unlimited amount of income
    Promote from within
    Opportunity to relocate around the country

Cons

Experiencing growing pains but taking the necessary steps to resolve them.

5. Interior Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful Store, good store manager

Cons

Poor business structure, low base salary, low commission schedule, bad delivery system, behind the times in business tools.

Advice to Management

Upgrade your system for keeping interior specialists. You will continue to have great turn over if you do not pay and treat them better.

Beautiful stores, amazing place to work!

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

The company is growing so fast so there is a lot of opportunity opening within the stores and at the corporate office. The company likes to promote from within which is great! Great job stability and bonuses.

Cons

Some people think the growth and the change that comes with it is challenging but it is worth it. The company is getting larger, more brand recognition, and more opportunity for sales people!

Work hard and you will be rewarded...

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

Growing Company, Compensated for hard work, Quality Product and Great people to work with!

Cons

Growing pains in all areas of the company...

Advice to Management

I have worked for Arhaus for going on four years. I will tell you if you aren't ready to work hard and to go above and beyond your normal 9 - 5 work day then this company is not for you! The people who work here live and breathe Arhaus. I respect how hard each person works to get their own tasks/job done each day. If you are passionate, ready to work hard and love a company who is growing... Then this is the company for you!

8. Former store manager

I worked at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

Beautiful stores from a visual standpoint. Some of the people at the store level are amazing. Growing rapidly so if you play the game you can be promoted quickly.

Cons

If you're considering a career in management at Arhaus and you have worked for larger retail companies in the past, do not even think about it. Arhaus has beautiful stories, okay product, and terrible systems in place. Or, to be honest, no systems. They are only concerned with hitting the all important plan, and they will do whatever it takes to get there. They value the top writers over the management and other salespeople - I was literally told to fire 2 salespeople because the top writers at my store didn't like them. The upper management is only trained in how to manage "the Arhaus way" which is not anything I have ever been exposed to. It's all about squeezing the last dollar out of every person at the store level with no regards to any kind of respectful workplace. There is no open door policy, no strong HR in place at any level, and if you mention any complaints or issues it will be swept under the rug. There is often only one manager in place at the stores, and you are expected to work 6-7 days a week, oftentimes 12+ hours a day with absolutely no direction from upper management. If you don't start at a store in Ohio and are promoted from there, you are not part of the "in crowd" and any changes or suggestions you make will be laughed off. I witnessed firings at every level - up to corporate - all because the owner, John Reed, didn't like them. The reality was those people were trying to move the company the right direction, but Arhaus as an entity wants to remain the same and still grow to 100+ stores. Without those people there to keep things in check, that place is an HR nightmare. I saw laws being broken almost every single day. Part time employees being told to work off the clock, disabled employees asking for time off being told they didn't need it or deserve it, people being fired for being too old, or too unattractive, or just too "boring." Some of those former employees were paid off to not bring lawsuits so Arhaus can continue on its merry way of discrimination. It is one lawsuit away from being destroyed, I only hope someone is brave enough to do it.

Advice to Management

Take some classes in management - read a book. And please, follow the laws. They are there for a reason.

Manager

I worked at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

The great people at store level

Cons

So many. The absolute worst company I have ever worked for. I know this may sound like a disgruntled employee because my status is former, but I quit because this is a sinking ship. This company is so full of people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing, it's ridiculous. I do not know if the CEO, John Reed, is stupid or so protected that he does not know what is going on, but either way he should be embarrassed. There is no sense of urgency at corporate. They work 9-5 and not a minute more. None of them would have jobs if it wasn't for the people working their butts off at store level, but they don't care. If you need an answer ASAP because a client needs information, good luck. You're lucky if you get a response within 48 hours. The deliveries are so bad, it's laughable. If furniture that people pay too much for shows up in one piece, that's a good day. There is no quality control at the warehouse. And I've been there, so I can attest to that fact. They knowingly employ thieves and frauds (and by this, I mean people that steal from clients and the company) and turn a blind eye because they're too stupid to see the forest through the trees. And by this I mean, that they literally look at the bottom line without taking into consideration how much it will cost them in the end in reparations. They put systems in place that no one (other than the managers at the stores) have the balls to enforce (meaning you will get absolutely no support when you enforce the contracts that the clients are made to sign off on). They pay Cleveland money no matter where you live, so if you live anywhere else, good luck paying your bills. Most recently, there have been instances of corruption so strong at the corporate level that excellent employees are being set up to fail for not towing the company line and daring to call attention to the vast immorality that is allowed, nee, encouraged to fester.
    This company would have no stars, but you have to have at least one to post.

Advice to Management

Overhaul the entire company.

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you work hard, learn as much about the product as possible, shadow the top sellers to learn what makes so successful - you will be successful at Arhaus.

Cons

I worked at Arhaus for years and there were a few negatives that seem to be on the rise!

Recruiting. Starting with the lazy salespeople who really should not have been hired in the first place. To read that someone had the audacity to criticize the 'top seller' is offensive! She works harder than anyone in the company and has done so for years. Selling is not easy--personally I feel it's the hardest job in the world because you always have to be 'on!'

The other negatives are product quality and the loss of the wonderful Arhaus culture.

I hope Mr Reed realizes that quality product has to be the 'holy grail' of his business! Over the last few years it's waned because of the desire to make more profit. If Arhaus stands for anything -- it has to stand for QUALITY! I really think it's getting sacrificed to please the accountants of the world!

The Arhaus culture was always that of a growing, trend-forward company that still was able to maintain a 1980's small company culture that cared about their employees! A top seller could pick up the phone and speak directly to Mr Reed or closing stores early to make sure employees got home safely in a blizzard.

Arhaus is hot and it appears Wall Street is looking at it - don't turn your back on the great initiatives, awesome people, wonderful vendors they got you there!

Advice to Management

Quality! Quality! Quality!

Every customer touch point from the in-store shopping experience to the final face of the delivery driver---Quality has to be leading the way!

Just started..so far a positive experience

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

seems to have a wonderful product line, great design beautiful stores. tell us all we have excellent earning potential to soon to say.

Cons

visuals treat you as a second class person..disrespectful..they seem to think the are above the sales people

Advice to Management

I hope you keep your word regarding our salary of $500 per week and advertise enough to expose our brand to a new territory to bring in customers to enable sales for your sales people.We were promised we would have the ability to make a very good living and I hope this is true.