Arhaus Furniture Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
2.7

Arhaus Furniture CEO John Reed
John Reed

Pros
  • Beautiful environment to work at (in 10 reviews)

• This company is growing really fast (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The proof is in upper management of all levels of the company (in 11 reviews)

• but then the phone rang and no one seemed to hear it (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work environment

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

medical insurance, good work environment, good incentives.

Cons

sometimes you have to do some heavy lifting

It was a privilege to work for this company.

Current Employee - Design Consultant, CS, & Ship-Out Coordinator in Walton Hills, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Arhaus is a quality conscious high-end furniture and home accessories company that staffs creative people, values its employees, and pays well. The owner, John Reed, is as smart as they come, a class act who grew this business from one original Ohio location to currently 53 stores (and he looks like Clint Eastwood!). He's also expanded into a personal accessories subcategory with ArhausJewels.com (along the lines of Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog). Walk into one of his stores and you will enter a unique kind of design heaven that the design staff changes with the seasons. I hope he plans to expand into California.

Cons

I was promoted twice, from sales and design consultant for a one-of-a-kind concept store to corporate customer service specialist, to ship-out coordinator. Unfortunately, my supervisor and I dId not get along. I understand he is no longer with the company. This is no reflection on the company itself - just a personality conflict. I learned from the conflict however, and would approach things differently given a similar situation today.

I recall interviewing with the owner for a buyer position, having come from owning and operating my own art and gifts gallery. I asked him if he was familiar with Sundance Catalog, as I saw many stylistic similarities to his design concept, and mentioned jewelry as an interesting area to venture into (which he later did). I don't think he or his management staff needs my advice. He and his management staff have made brilliant decisions.

Love the place you live!

Current Employee - Manager of Web Development in Walton Hills, OH
    Current Employee - Manager of Web Development in Walton Hills, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Arhaus is a great place to work. There are many opportunities for those willing work hard.

Cons

Stay focused on the positive.

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture

Pros

Working for a company with good benefits. Surrounded by talented people whether interior designers or sales people to learn from. Very rewarding building relationships with clients. Hardwork pays off. I've had nothing but a great experience working here but you have to want to work hard.

Cons

Juggling sales, housecalls, floorplans, customer service while trying to stay focused. Hard to leave work at work. 40 hour weeks on the floor while housecalls are made on your own time, own expenses.

Managers should manage people, not let us figure out issues or other associates issues when they arise. This can take hours sometimes to resolve. Need to be more involved with keeping the floor neutral. Work and customer's split evenly. Some employees can play dirty with sales and its almost condoned.

Hard but rewarding work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We work in a gorgeous ever changing environment.The fantastic bonus structure that rewards a great team. There is opportunity to grow, be promoted and have a career with one of the best companies in the industry. Managers are rewarded with trips to Italy and London! Our sales team gets to have hands on training with our manufacturers in North Carolina. The elite sellers in the company get all expense trips for themselves and their loved one. Fantastic!

Cons

It's retail. You have to have a thick skin and stay positive. Successful people at Arhaus work their tails off. This is true with any successful career person. Yes, we clean because we take PRIDE in our product. I used to sell Mercedes Benz...Guess who shoveled the snow off the cars in the lot??? There are growing pains that any company with our rate of growth (The store I work in has DOUBLED the sales from 3 short years ago!!) is experiencing, but we are a work in progress.

Sometimes things just aren't working the way they should. That's the reality of business. It's far better to acknowledge those issues to your team than to pretend that everything is perfect. Stop charging your employees for business cards. They certainly should be provided for employees that have been with the company for a year.

Fashion forward company has it all...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Arhaus Furniture offers numerous advancement opportunities, a great culture, job stability, great benefits and perks. It's wonderful to know that the company is growing by leaps and bounds.

Cons

If I had to list a con, the only thing I would list is enlarging the parking lot and possibly consider covered parking. Otherwise, I wouldn't change anything at this time.

Continue seeking input from current employees on ways to improve processes.

I finally found the company that I've been searching for!

Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been with Arhaus for 1.5 years. I love the product! Seeing all the new eclectic pieces is so refreshing to me. I've worked in the home furnishings industry for several years, and nothing about Arhaus is cookie cutter. Arhaus is definitely the leader in the home furnishings industry. Competitors are always in trying to imitate our look and furniture. Its very easy to sell because I love every piece myself.

I also work with a great group of ladies. Its a very fun store and I wouldn't change a thing! We are all competitive, but more so in beating our own personal best - not each others goals.

Cons

Be more selective with who you hire, since I have been here we have had a few associates that were not the right fit for Arhaus and especially sales. as a team we would rather work a more then to have the wrong person filling an opening.

Also the music in the store can become tedious. Please give us more options as the music sets the tone in the store!

There has been a recent change in leadership that has been positive. Again, please be selective as the leaders in stores really affect the store associates. We are now allowed to have relationships with our corporate office again which makes things simple! No more silos!

Arhaus is the best furniture company in the world.....

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As an employee of almost 10 years Arhaus is unlimited in potenial growth, without a doubt the best home furnishing company to work for, no cap on commissions, you get what you give 45k - to way over 6 figures its up to YOU!!!!! after all tell me what retailer takes 50plus managers to Italy and in 2013 London...dont buy into negative reviews from lazy non - selling
    x-employees

Cons

Yes ..we clean our stores as sales associates, Its called PRIDE!!!!

John Reed knows the biz and is an unbelieveable person to work for, actually the BEST in the Industry.... that is is you like to work and enjoy being sucessful!!!!!!!

Luxury Brand I love and look forward to being a part of its continued growth

Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Consistently changing environment that targets its product on current trends and client needs. Romantic and Beautiful, the products are and so are the people....with spirits and talents to deliver the "luxury" experience people are looking for. Huge earning potential for those design consultants who are all about client services and listening to their needs.

Cons

You have to work smart and well, as in any retail setting....the hours are nights and weekends which isn't for everyone. It is true that we clean our showrooms (some people just don't love that) but as a place for you to work and make good money, it's a small price to pay and something you can be proud of when showing off the store to clients.

Continue to grow internally with new positions for growth from the inside (stores). Continue with incentives and new approaches to growing our Luxury Brand and keep asking the front line (our design consultants) for assistance and ideas to contributing to our growth.

Arhaus is what you make of it!

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Arhuas Furniture has outstanding growth opportunites for all!

Cons

Arhaus should be treated as a business within a business to be successful. It is a great place for people who are driven and willing to work to make lots of money.

We love the perks that Arhaus gives its associates. Please continue the wonderful incentives towards success!