Arhaus Furniture Reviews

135 reviews filtered by

1. Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Corporate
    Current Employee - Corporate

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company is growing really fast. That means employees have the opportunity to grow too. I know many people that have been promoted or have moved from the stores to jobs in corporate.

Cons

I like it here because of the opportunities. Some people feel growth causes pressure and they are less comfortable. Working in a growing company is hard work but you get out what you put in.

make sure you talk to front line employees often. Otherwise keep doing what you're doing.

I was fortunate to have this learning experience of the sales world.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful environment to work at. I felt like a museum curator, granting the world access to these beautiful treasures.

Cons

I felt like the environment was very competitive which is the norm in the sales industry.

I think that if the people who originally had the vision for this company were more in tune with actually workings, it would greatly improve working conditions and relations among the staff.

Life is good somewhere else. Don't waste your time

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful place to work. They have good benefits. I don't ever have to step foot in that place again.

Cons

You can't have a life.............They expect you to work on your days off, house calls are on your time, and don't sit down. Turn over is high. Management team is not strong at all. Something you need when running a business or a new store.

Grow up.....Have a little respect you will get this in return.

It was a privilege to work for this company.

Current Employee - Design Consultant, CS, & Ship-Out Coordinator in Walton Hills, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Arhaus is a quality conscious high-end furniture and home accessories company that staffs creative people, values its employees, and pays well. The owner, John Reed, is as smart as they come, a class act who grew this business from one original Ohio location to currently 53 stores (and he looks like Clint Eastwood!). He's also expanded into a personal accessories subcategory with ArhausJewels.com (along the lines of Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog). Walk into one of his stores and you will enter a unique kind of design heaven that the design staff changes with the seasons. I hope he plans to expand into California.

Cons

I was promoted twice, from sales and design consultant for a one-of-a-kind concept store to corporate customer service specialist, to ship-out coordinator. Unfortunately, my supervisor and I dId not get along. I understand he is no longer with the company. This is no reflection on the company itself - just a personality conflict. I learned from the conflict however, and would approach things differently given a similar situation today.

I recall interviewing with the owner for a buyer position, having come from owning and operating my own art and gifts gallery. I asked him if he was familiar with Sundance Catalog, as I saw many stylistic similarities to his design concept, and mentioned jewelry as an interesting area to venture into (which he later did). I don't think he or his management staff needs my advice. He and his management staff have made brilliant decisions.

Horrible Environment

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really cool industry and fun people you meet.

Cons

Favoritism amongst Sales managers, no room for advancement, product comes to the store and customers homes damaged alll the time! very unprofessional environment in stores, constant returns on damaged merchandise, and the commission has to be the worst in the industry! And there is an obvious under the table racism within the culture of the company. The proof is in upper management of all levels of the company.

When you hire new employees be more realistic about the commission and pay structure. they will tell you what you want to hear and lie to you completely. Diversity in upper management all the way to corporate is non existent in this company. MORE DIVERSITY!!!!!

A sysyphus-esque climb towards validation and a decent livable salary.

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good (but be clear as to when they start exactly), the company does hire/promote within itself, and a perfect work environment for a cut-throat competitive salesperson.

Cons

The pay is only livable if you sale over six figures. This is not a healthy work environment for artistic and/or nice persons. There is a major lack of gender balance.

Grow up.

Worst job of my life

Former Employee - Interior Specialist
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pretty environment. I read a couple good reviews here that are obviously made by Arhaus corporate people lol.

Cons

Every thing else. The potential for income was exaggerated during the interview.

There was a constant emphasis by management to keep a positive attitude while they tried to maintain an obvious phony one, but the threat of being fired loomed over everyone's head. In the 6 months i worked for Arhaus, 2/3rds of the staff was fired or quit. And those who gave notice to quit were told to leave immediately. (dont bother to give 2 weeks notice, the respect will not be returned). The manager was the most miserable woman ive ever encountered, thick skinned which is why she can battle through the constant problems they handle on the store level. It's quite obvious that's the reason and none other she holds the position.

Lies, Lies, oh more lies

Current Employee - Interior Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Interior Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They seem to be very positive when you start. Lead sales is very convincing. He does a good job training you.

Cons

You MUST work more than 40+ hours there. My manager chastised me during the first two months why I didn't come in on my day off to get more sales. Hello- Can you say family?? It's no surprise since everyone tries to cover for each other. However, have you noticed how sick everyone gets. I'm no genius, nut the stress of losing one's job contributes to getting sick and rundown. There is no job security in NY store. It's not a good company to work for. Customer complaints about deliveries are huge- people call in every day and you must field those calls from angry clients.

Management- Look into Labor practices- seriously- if you are not paying your employees overtime- they can report you . Corporate offices- would it hurt to be nice to us on the phone? Managers- it seems all employees are a digit to you. Do you naturally assume that everyone will leave? John Reed- Wow- I don't know where to begin. The corporate culture you have installed is turning on you.

Sucks the soul right from your body...

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Visual Manager is hardworking and knowledgeable.

Cons

Where to start??? All of the good news and family atmosphere you get in the interview process is false, UNLESS, you are a long term employee that is in the "in"crowd. I have never, ever, EVAH, worked in a place with such territorial, catty people that will go out of their way to sabotage your day and performance just to raise themselves up in sales. No one answers the phone because they know it is a problem that they will have to figure out and don't want to.

Turnover is very high and when I asked about this topic during the interview, I was assured the online stats were wrong. Nope, the are correct. I have been there a few months now with the staff at 10 sales associates and 5 are new, and of the 5 newbies, one quit last week.

There are several days a week where the store has Zero $$$ sales days and then the other days are only $1,500- $12,000 days. That may sound like a lot, but I at part-time have to make $450 and hour to clear $300 per payday (every two weeks). Then you have to account for the other sales people also having to make their goals. Of the staff of 10, only 1 can say she earns a decent living at the store.

The company president is all eyes and no business brain. They constantly spend money where they shouldn't and overlook the places where the development should go. THE COMPUTER SYSTEM IS ARCHAIC AS HECK! Very outdated and very time consuming. I had a customer leave mid transaction because a simple $50 cash sale took almost 15 minutes because of the multiple log-in pages and extra pop-up screens and the ton of customer information you have to put in before the screen/computer will allow you to move on.

MANY, many daily customer call-in or walk-in complaints. Anything ranging from sloppy craftsmanship on delivered items to wobbly furniture just delivered or to the abundant complaints on billing issues.

One last gripe: The company wants to appear inviting by keeping the front door open year round- In the sweltering summer, in the dead freeze of winter. Doing this is terrible for the environment as well as it keeps overloading and breaking the HVAC system weekly. Seriously weekly. Days and weeks at a time with no heat or AC. Yuck!

UPGRADE your systems. Your customers and employees will be much happier with functioning, quick machines. Streamline the software- seriously!

Drop the favoritism B.S. You are losing awesome talent by showing by keeping and promoting your It-crowd only mentality.

Look for another Job. Starting on the first day.

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The store has air conditioning.

Cons

Everything they tell you before you start is a lie.

Go public. Hope that the "new" directors of the company fire all of you. Worst professional experience of my career.