Arhaus Furniture

Updated December 22, 2014
2.7

Arhaus Furniture CEO John Reed
John Reed

Pros
  • Beautiful environment to work at (in 10 reviews)

• This company is growing really fast (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The proof is in upper management of all levels of the company (in 11 reviews)

• but then the phone rang and no one seemed to hear it (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

What looks like gold is not Gold!

Current Employee - Interior Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Interior Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Excellent sales techniques 2. Beautiful place to work. 3. Meatpacking popular busy area

Cons

1.The supervisor will encourage you to work beyond 40 hrs. Company will only pay for 40 hrs.
    2. Unrealistic sales goals. Especially for new hires.
    3. Deliveries will cause problems for your clients.
    4. No work/life balance, You are asked to work overtime(with no pay) to train or get more hours on sales floor,

If you realize you have a turnover. be realistic about it. Don't train so many ppl. Work with the ones you have already,

I was very unhappy working for Arhaus.

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Mason, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Beautiful store to work at...

Cons

Very stressful, unrealistic expectations, dishonesty, little actual interior design work...

VERY long days trying to make a sale in a low traffic location

Former Employee - Pert Time in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Pert Time in Freehold, NJ

I worked at Arhaus Furniture part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the staff and the very unique pieces sold in the store

Cons

micro management at the age go\f 45 being told not to speak to fellow associates. even if they could give quality advice kinda like a fancy prison

actually take a small amount of time to listen to the people who are selling the product on a daily basis and dealing with the clientele of each area. management can help us as we can equally help them.

Arhaus is what you make of it!

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Arhuas Furniture has outstanding growth opportunites for all!

Cons

Arhaus should be treated as a business within a business to be successful. It is a great place for people who are driven and willing to work to make lots of money.

We love the perks that Arhaus gives its associates. Please continue the wonderful incentives towards success!

Luxury Brand I love and look forward to being a part of its continued growth

Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Consistently changing environment that targets its product on current trends and client needs. Romantic and Beautiful, the products are and so are the people....with spirits and talents to deliver the "luxury" experience people are looking for. Huge earning potential for those design consultants who are all about client services and listening to their needs.

Cons

You have to work smart and well, as in any retail setting....the hours are nights and weekends which isn't for everyone. It is true that we clean our showrooms (some people just don't love that) but as a place for you to work and make good money, it's a small price to pay and something you can be proud of when showing off the store to clients.

Continue to grow internally with new positions for growth from the inside (stores). Continue with incentives and new approaches to growing our Luxury Brand and keep asking the front line (our design consultants) for assistance and ideas to contributing to our growth.

Arhaus is the best furniture company in the world.....

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As an employee of almost 10 years Arhaus is unlimited in potenial growth, without a doubt the best home furnishing company to work for, no cap on commissions, you get what you give 45k - to way over 6 figures its up to YOU!!!!! after all tell me what retailer takes 50plus managers to Italy and in 2013 London...dont buy into negative reviews from lazy non - selling
    x-employees

Cons

Yes ..we clean our stores as sales associates, Its called PRIDE!!!!

John Reed knows the biz and is an unbelieveable person to work for, actually the BEST in the Industry.... that is is you like to work and enjoy being sucessful!!!!!!!

Fashion forward company has it all...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Arhaus Furniture offers numerous advancement opportunities, a great culture, job stability, great benefits and perks. It's wonderful to know that the company is growing by leaps and bounds.

Cons

If I had to list a con, the only thing I would list is enlarging the parking lot and possibly consider covered parking. Otherwise, I wouldn't change anything at this time.

Continue seeking input from current employees on ways to improve processes.

Unexpected rewarding career

Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, incentive programs are amazing and obtainable, great working environment, has become a unexpected career!

Cons

The Retail experience is not always easy and not for everyone

I finally found the company that I've been searching for!

Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been with Arhaus for 1.5 years. I love the product! Seeing all the new eclectic pieces is so refreshing to me. I've worked in the home furnishings industry for several years, and nothing about Arhaus is cookie cutter. Arhaus is definitely the leader in the home furnishings industry. Competitors are always in trying to imitate our look and furniture. Its very easy to sell because I love every piece myself.

I also work with a great group of ladies. Its a very fun store and I wouldn't change a thing! We are all competitive, but more so in beating our own personal best - not each others goals.

Cons

Be more selective with who you hire, since I have been here we have had a few associates that were not the right fit for Arhaus and especially sales. as a team we would rather work a more then to have the wrong person filling an opening.

Also the music in the store can become tedious. Please give us more options as the music sets the tone in the store!

There has been a recent change in leadership that has been positive. Again, please be selective as the leaders in stores really affect the store associates. We are now allowed to have relationships with our corporate office again which makes things simple! No more silos!

U run your own business within these walls!

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a beautiful place to work! I have been with the company for over 7 years now; from the 1st day Arhaus moved in to my state. I worked the floor as a sale's person, I did operations for the store, I helped opening two locations in my state, I trained new hires, I unloaded transfer trucks, I cleaned the bathrooms; yes, we all do it! And please.....there has to be better things to say about a company (good or bad) aside from the fact that we clean our stores! Anyhow..... people that become part of an Arhaus team to make money....stay on board, listen, learn, and pay attention. U need to understand that this may not be a place for all sales people out there; anyone that ever asks me about this place I say one thing - u run your own business within these walls. U need to think on your feet, u need to be open to changes, and adjust yourself to each unique situation.

Cons

Cons - it is a retail business operating in the USA, so it's not John's fault we are open on Sundays (try getting a cup of coffee in Vienna before noon on Sunday and u will appreciate your local coffee shop kid serving u your latte), or the fact that we can't take vacations in August (go to Italy or France in August and you will have most shops shut down for a month for a holiday - no way u get your broken iPhone fixed for 30 days!!!!) So yes, it sucks we work weekends and holidays..... If you don't like it, do not work retail! U make the choice, no one is twisting your arm here.

With all the upper management changes and growth of the company recently, we do not get to see corporate employees as much. It was always nice (stressful, but nice) to get a corporate visit. It made the new employees see what the core of this company was made out of, and people that have been around for a while got to hear 1st hand from Gary, TJ, etc about what's new and happening.