Ariba Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Shawn Price

Pros
  • There's a decent work-life balance s (in 14 reviews)

• Love the work/life balance;enjoy laid back work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • For senior management there may not be much of work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• If 40% of staff is only managing who is left out to do Bug Fixing (in 14 reviews)

Work here, not there

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Fun, energetic, motivated workforce Recognition and awards tied directly to performance Great benefits, time off Management fully understands work/life balance Monthly involvement in different charities Community involvement

Cons

Salaries could be more competitive Global operations are sometimes inconsistent. Sales, delivery, and operations are somewhat misaligned in their objectives.

Advice to Management

Try to make more of an effort to interact with employees at all levels. For a smaller company such as Ariba, this could be very feasible and prove to enhance morale. After reading through some of the posts from teams in IDC, it sounds like they could really benefit from 1:1 interactions with our executive team.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

* Culture is fantastic, people are great * Work hard/play hard * Respected by my manager and my peers, great atmosphere * Ariba hires top notch, sharp, well rounded and diverse employees * Benefits are best of the best * Market leader in the space * My manager supports and advocates his team, fights for resources and visibility * I am proud to work for Ariba, I am challenged and rewarded

Cons

* Salaries could be more competitive * could be a more formal career path (growth) track for some areas

Advice to Management

* Quarterly Town Hall meetings are valuable and appreciated, it's valuabe to have access to Senior management to ask questions and get updates on the bigger picture

I can't complain

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

I think they have a Pro Employee attitude: - When the recession hit there were wage freezes but they also doubled the 401(k) matching. Not many companies that I know made that kind of effo

Cons

- Work-life balance can get a little out of control sometimes, such is the life of a sales organization though

Rewarding place to work, fast and growth oriented space

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

As an engineer, one can work on stuff that has a big impact on the world of b2b commerce. Big customers and high volume cloud commerce site. There is pressure no doubt, but high rewards for successful folks too.

Cons

Building and operating a 24x7 cloud commerce site can come with its share of challenges and pressures. Distributed offices across the united states and now in many other parts of the world (thanks to the various acquisitions) makes collaboration harder.

Advice to Management

Need more tools and processes to help with collaboration between different offices. Also - more training for new engineers would help them get effective sooner

Very good

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Challenging work, opportunity for innovation

Cons

Geographically dispersed teams make it difficult at times to communicate

Advice to Management

Faster on demand releases

Great place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ariba full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, exciting products, lots of opportunities for advancement. The majority of people like what they do and are happy which leads to a positive environment.

Cons

The acquisition by SAP will bring changes (mostly good). If you don't like change that could be an issue for some. On the other hand, it opens up lots of additional career options for those that can deal with change.

Advice to Management

Don't kill the Ariba culture and the start up mentality with big company stuff...

A great place with opportunities

I have been working at Ariba full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to do different things all the time. Some people may not like changes often but it affords people the chance to try new things. People are available and willing to help you at all levels.

Cons

There is no hand holding you through your carrier. You must take ownership of it yourself.

9. Great company with a start up feel

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ariba full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

very intrepreneural and has great vision

Cons

bought by SAP, which will have the effect of causing inertia

Advice to Management

Keep small company feel and keep employees satisfies

An awesome culture with talented employees willing to share their knowledge.

Current Employee - Strategic Seller Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Strategic Seller Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ariba full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the first time in my career I am treated as an adult who can manage my time and projects without being micromanaged. The culture is one where you are given the ability to obtain your goals on your own schedule whether that be 8am or 8pm it's up to you. This concept actually makes you more productive as you chose the best time to optimize your time.

Cons

Due to the size and complexity of the various departments you have to be someone who is willing to reach out to others for guidance and product knowledge.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting the culture, never allow it to die!

11. It has been nothing but a dream filled with endless opportunity to grow and develop.

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Great pay and benefits.Incredible culture.Overall incredible company! The company really takes csre of you.They also give you the tools and training to succeed.

Cons

Very slow to get things done administratively.The on boarding process was not that great.Took two months to get all of my administrative permissions.

Advice to Management

Work more closely with lower level employees to keep them better informed of big picture goals.

RSS Feed </> Embed