Arise Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
2.9

Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions (in 67 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select (in 9 reviews)

• This is for their "Tech Support" (which is horrible to begin with) (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Independent Business Owner or IBO - partnered with Arise

Current Employee - IB Owner in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - IB Owner in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work-Life Balance and flexible schedule

Cons

Inefficient Tech support - some of the client programs are less communicative than others.

Make our IBO/CSP's as important as your clients.

Great Work At Home Job...!

I have been working at Arise full-time

Pros

Set your own hours a major plus
    Can service more then one client
    The client I service offers a lot of hours, love working for this client..!

Cons

Can take awhile to resolve issues
    Tech support needs inprovement

Have more support for the csp.

Excellent independent contractor opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Arise

Pros

Flexibility, training, great pay and opportunities for advancement

Cons

None that I can think of

Very Honest Review (Long)

Former Employee - Client Support Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Support Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility (set own hours)
    Work-From-Home
    Plenty of clients to choose from (ATT, Comcast, Amazon, T-Mobile, Road Traveler, etc)
    All inbound calls
    No cold calling
    Can make great
    Great shift availability (depending on client)

1099- self employed

Let me start by saying, Ive worked in customer service & call centers at least 10 years. So I know the Ins and outs. There's really no difference. You've had one CSR job, you've had them all. However with Arise, the quality of your experience will be contingent upon the client you choose to work for, and the IBO you contract under unless you decide to license your own LLC through your state.

You will have to pay for the training course, your headset and telephone. Your computer will have to run the proper technology required for that client.

I tried Arise out as a CSP (client support professional) under my friends corporation. You choose a client (I chose AT&T IRU-Mobility), then you pay for the course. You're in a virtual class room with other CSP's and IBO's learning the clients services and systems. Depending on the client, training is 8 weeks (ATT).

Training was amazing! I had a live class full of people with personality. You get to make friendships with different people all over the country. Our Trainer was superb. He knew his stuff! He was thorough, honest, and tough on us. I would say over 90% of our class certified and moved on to production.

I've made relationships with some cool people and we keep in touch even though many of us no kong we work for Arise.
    I did appreciate that the schedules were released 2 weeks ahead so that you cOuld select your work times.

Cons

Unpaid training
    Long training periods
    Large virtual training classes
    Systems slow
    Tech support often inefficient
    Lousy pay structure
    Extensive and almost impossible to meet metrics
    QAPF's often unorganized
    IBO's often not knowledgable of your client and work
    Revenue is based on surveys from customers
    Penalties for missing shifts even when the issue is technical
    No PTO and some holidays you're req'd to work

The first 6 weeks of training were unpaid. If you pass certification, you're required to take calls AND do training, but you will get paid for those calls.

As soon as you get familiar and build a relationship with one QPF you're switched to another and pretty much never come into contact with that person again.

Depending on your IBO, they can choose how much business fees they can take out of your check. Arise charges IBO's $19 per CSP that work under them. Some IBO's charge more to get their own cut. Arise pays you according to time spent on the phone. There's a formula for adding up service revenue. ATT's base pay was .17 per minute. If you met the ridiculous metrics for that pay period you could get up to .27 per minute. arise "overpaid" me 2 invoices back to back which resulted in my next check being completely eaten in reimbursement. So I basically worked 2 months free.

The system pushed for you to finish all your falls under 13 minutes. If you know anything about customer service and billing, that's almost always impossible. Now in this 13 minutes you're also expected to have given the customer 100% satisfaction so that when they're texted the survey after the call, that give you an 8-10. Anything below an 8, affects your metrics and how much you get paid.

To schedule your hours you have to be consistently at the top of metrics to get the good hours. They release the schedule at different times for different pods. For instance, silver would be last and you get the hours that are left over.

The systems ALWAYS froze. Tech Support was NEVER helpful. There was always a miscommunication between your QPF, your IBO, and Arise. No room for growth. You're literally working for pennies. You're identified by a number. Just another number here to make ATT and Arise.

You need REAL ATT employees interacting with your CSP's and QPF's. We do just as much work as your employees. The pay structure should be unlawful. It went from .17 per minute to now $2 per call! This is a rip off. Arise you need more IBO support and more ways for CSP's to contact you and report issues with their IBO's. Your payroll is shady and inconsistent. CSP's are not getting paid

Its a joke

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Pros are getting to work from home, be your own boss and set your own hours

Cons

First of all you have to pay for your background check and csp 101 course witch is $100 unless they run a special that week and whatever client you want to work for running anywhere from $40-$150 before you even know if you have a job. Then you can either work for under your own ibo or someone elses business. Who ever your ibo is, they determined what you get paid. Arise will pay them up to $13 hr for you, but they might only pay you $9 and keep the rest. The training is 7-12 weeks depending on what client you work for and you dont get paid and you cant miss or be late more then once or they will drop you. Admissions is a JOKE. If you need help there is only a # for technical support any other issues you can chat with partner support and they can create a case and you hope it gets solved or you can email admissions and allow up to 48 hrs to respond, witch have the time they dont respond. They need better traninging for the workers on partner support and admissions. You cant get anything resolved. Its a call center enviorment but you can call their center for help. My account was deactived and i had to miss class and admissons kept saying they dont have a answer, but when i paid yall 150 dollars and i needed help walking through it they would write back. Alot of the clients will hire you from home from their website without having to go through Arise. I wouldnt advise this job unless you can get your own buisness like i did and even then good luck on getting help..they can post stuff on fb but cant respond to your emails.

Get some better trained people in admissions,and a better way to get in contact with them.

Great, once you get it

Current Employee - Contract in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Contract in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, work when you want, bonuses.

Cons

Have to control your own tax payments.

Have a separate tax account to assist independent contractors. Training on how to pay taxes effectively is offered.

Overall, a good experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Arise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Obviously, working from home. Some flexibility over hours.

Cons

The pay was sub par. You do have to form or already have an LLC or corporation as you will get receive a 1099 at the end of the year.

Can be good, if you have the right client

Current Employee - Online Chat in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Online Chat in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arise part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, flexible, easy to get started

Cons

Pay is low, there is no way to contact Arise other than email, Tech support is lack luster, high turn over, they make it very clear that we are highly replaceable, You're a contractor that essentially acts as an employee so they can get around paying employment taxes

Great potential for the right people.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Arise as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Making your own hours is the biggest plus. Working from home is an awesome perk at times. Great for college students and stay at home moms especially.

Cons

It's not great for everyone including myself. While I can see the huge benefits of a system like this I always found myself wanting more. The jobs are very basic and unchallenging and while it's really smooth sailing and quite the party in the beginning it gets old and boring quickly. This is my own personal opinion. I like to get out of the house and I didn't really enjoy doing over the phone/ internet chat customer service after a few years of doing this. It's repetitive. You have to be ok with giving the same information over and over and over and over...... It honestly drove me insane and I had to stop. I like my home to be my retreat and I ended up hating being there because it meant work that I didn't really enjoy. Also, with some of the companies that may not have been open 24/7 but had an abundance of IBO (Independent Business Owners) serving it made it very difficult to get enough hours to even comply with your contract. Most clients require 15-20 hours serviced a week, including weekend hours and during my time contracted to a very popular client, getting hours was harder than the actual job itself. If you don't work the amount of hours in your contract, you will be terminated, even if the hours just weren't available for you to pick up. Sometimes it was easier to get my minimum hours but almost impossible to make enough hours to make ends meat. I ended up needing to get another job to supplement while I was with this particular client. Other clients that service customers 24/7 are much easier to work around. I serviced a 24/7 company and never had any problems with hours and made plenty of money and it was the easiest job in the world. So keep those things in mind.

Needs better technical support system, although it's not terrible. Hardly had any issues but when I did it was a huge hassle to get a hold of someone.

Game Changer for Stay-at-home mom

Current Employee - Small Business Owner in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Small Business Owner in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Arise as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Arise is currently has 7,500 work-from-home opportunities. Partnering with Arise, I am able to be my own boss, have a flexible schedule that meets my lifestyle demands, and make a comfortable living on my own terms. I can also work from anywhere, as this opportunity is 100% virtual. I can take the work with me!

Cons

The work is home based, so you need to be able to work virtually without becoming easily distracted. I don't consider this a con as the people who partner with Arise should be able to work well virtually and understand that this is a 100% virtual opportunity.

Thanks for the partnership!