Arise

Arise Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Arise CEO John A. Meyer

John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions(in 54 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select(in 8 reviews)

• Tech support can take hours depending on time of day(in 8 reviews)

Horrible they give you the run around making you pay all this money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros at all nothing good with this business

ConsConstantly making you pay almost $400 out of pocket but still not hired and training is 6 weeks long with no pay! If you do get hired there are barely any available hours to work. WASTE OF LIFE!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better management team and stop scheming people out of there money

Enjoy Working From Home

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Shreveport, LA

ProsLove the fact that I can choose my own hours and the company you want to work for. The two clients I service offers a lot of hours. The training that I went trought the teachers were very helpful.

ConsHave to pay for training but once you start working you earn it back. When problems come up with system or other can take time to resolve. But they do resolve it eventually.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove time frame on fixing issues that CSP's encounter.

Customer Service Rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Miramar, FL

ProsYou are allowed to pick your own hours

ConsNot enough hours given to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the hours are available before you post them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Legit Jobs

CSP (Current Employee)

ProsMake your own schedule ( if hours are available)
    Choose Company you work for ex. AT&T, Orkin, ADT, Walgreens, Intuit, Disney etc. (if they are hiring and you meet their criteria.)
    Work from home
    Always help, your never alone.
    A very friendly environment
    * I have worked for a few clients, and are currently with walgreens and they are all great opportunities.
    Good pay with the option to make more based on call performance.

ConsWhen your on the phone with a cust, and need help you have to wait for 5-10 minutes before your questions is answered.
    They should train you a little better
    depending on client and the time of year, you have to stock starmatic for hours like a hungry hyena!!!
    If a contract is terminated you cannot work for any client!
    If Urgent service is available, Arise will blow up your phone and email, even when your working!
    You cannot have windows 8 OS
    You have to pay for training, and training is unpaid

Advice to Senior ManagementLet previous employees return back to AT&T.
    Upgrade to windows 8!
    Let CSPs work for another client even if they have been terminated!! (people make mistakes)
    offer paid training

great opportunity

ProsYou get get to set your own hours, work from home, and opportunity to have your own business. Get to work independently, and you get to choose your own client. There is lots of support as you work, and throughout the training process.

ConsHaving to pay for training, and not guaranteed a position, since you aren't guaranteed to pass the tests after training

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that if you pay for training, you should be guaranteed to be able to pass, or retry until you pass.

Schedule can be flexible. Legit companies with ability to work from home

At Home-Customer Service (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsCompanies a legitimate, established companies. Schedule is selected by you to fit your lifestyle. Your setup own business.but choose which client you want to work with. Must meet certain criteria depending on client chosen. Pay varies depending on client

ConsTraining is unpaid. When beginning with a new client, may have trouble getting hours or getting the hours you want. Tech support can take hours depending on time of day.

Arise Could be Better

CSP (Current Employee) Atlanta, IL

ProsNone to mention at this time. There is one client that is awesome to work with, however, it is seasonal.

ConsNo hours after one has paid for training. Urgent requests are sent out approximately 5 minutes after the hours are posted. It takes at least thirty minutes to log into the systems and get yourself set up to take calls. One client changed from guaranteed pay per hour to paid per talk time and it is ridiculous because they harp on having low AHT, but then there is not support in chat. Some of the Chat PF's are rude and condescending. Some of the QA PF's have no clue as well. The pay is low, and trainers are rude and disrespectful on a particular client. The live technical support goes inside your computer and messes up your systems. Client systems go down regularly.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the pay back to guaranteed per hour and offer pay that is in parity with what the actual client is paying. Have more QA PF's positions and set realistic metrics.

I am very pleased with Arise and how they handle their business with their contracted partners as an IBO.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Miramar, FL

ProsYou get to select your own hours. Very flexible. Excellent support and training.

ConsThere is a minimum hours of work to schedule and most are on weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementI personally think there needs to be more hands on training before servicing a client instead of all modules and slide views.

Good training, Great High-profile companies. Can be a bit hard to get hours depending on the client

At Home-Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsSelect your own schedule
    Great management backup and questions/concerns and help are issued quickly
    Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions
    Training is unpaid, but it a tax write off as you are your own business-person

ConsDepending on time of year, can be difficult to get either enough hours or to get the hours you want to work around your schedule.
    Tech support can take forever and a day, resulting in unpaid/lost time. They are helpful, there just aren't enough of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen bringing on new hires, make sure there are enough chat pfs in the rooms for the first couple of weeks to handle all of the questions. 4-5 minutes to get a question answered when you're on the line with a client is way too long.

Arise CEO responded to this review

May 15, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. It is always a balancing act of having PF at the time when you have many new agents on the phones. Feel free to reach out to me directly at john@arise.com

Just OK!

Customer Service (Current Employee) Miramar, FL

ProsVery flexible and many clients to choose from. You pick the hours that you want to work. Most of the management team is great.

ConsYou pay for what they call support. You have to pay for training classes and not compensated for your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop charging $40.00 a month for so called support. Also stop charging the classes.

Arise CEO responded to this review

May 12, 2014

You have been working with us for 5 years and you are not optimistic on the company ? How long to make you a believer :) ?

An Arise certification process cost us $1500 per individual. The small
    ... More

Worked for Arise? Contribute to the Community!