Arise

Updated November 18, 2014
Updated November 18, 2014

Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions (in 69 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select (in 9 reviews)

• Inefficient Tech support - some of the client programs are less communicative than others (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Work at home is the best part about it.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work at home, pick your own hours

Cons

No medical benefits. No w2

None

Great place to grow, learn and enhance your career

Current Employee - Global Marketing Manager in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Global Marketing Manager in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The camaraderie across the entire company is great. Aside from that, there is tremendous opportunity to grow, if you are hardworking and motivated to succeed.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Independent Business Owner or IBO - partnered with Arise

Current Employee - IB Owner in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - IB Owner in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work-Life Balance and flexible schedule

Cons

Inefficient Tech support - some of the client programs are less communicative than others.

Make our IBO/CSP's as important as your clients.

Very Honest Review (Long)

Former Employee - Client Support Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Support Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility (set own hours)
    Work-From-Home
    Plenty of clients to choose from (ATT, Comcast, Amazon, T-Mobile, Road Traveler, etc)
    All inbound calls
    No cold calling
    Can make great
    Great shift availability (depending on client)

1099- self employed

Let me start by saying, Ive worked in customer service & call centers at least 10 years. So I know the Ins and outs. There's really no difference. You've had one CSR job, you've had them all. However with Arise, the quality of your experience will be contingent upon the client you choose to work for, and the IBO you contract under unless you decide to license your own LLC through your state.

You will have to pay for the training course, your headset and telephone. Your computer will have to run the proper technology required for that client.

I tried Arise out as a CSP (client support professional) under my friends corporation. You choose a client (I chose AT&T IRU-Mobility), then you pay for the course. You're in a virtual class room with other CSP's and IBO's learning the clients services and systems. Depending on the client, training is 8 weeks (ATT).

Training was amazing! I had a live class full of people with personality. You get to make friendships with different people all over the country. Our Trainer was superb. He knew his stuff! He was thorough, honest, and tough on us. I would say over 90% of our class certified and moved on to production.

I've made relationships with some cool people and we keep in touch even though many of us no kong we work for Arise.
    I did appreciate that the schedules were released 2 weeks ahead so that you cOuld select your work times.

Cons

Unpaid training
    Long training periods
    Large virtual training classes
    Systems slow
    Tech support often inefficient
    Lousy pay structure
    Extensive and almost impossible to meet metrics
    QAPF's often unorganized
    IBO's often not knowledgable of your client and work
    Revenue is based on surveys from customers
    Penalties for missing shifts even when the issue is technical
    No PTO and some holidays you're req'd to work

The first 6 weeks of training were unpaid. If you pass certification, you're required to take calls AND do training, but you will get paid for those calls.

As soon as you get familiar and build a relationship with one QPF you're switched to another and pretty much never come into contact with that person again.

Depending on your IBO, they can choose how much business fees they can take out of your check. Arise charges IBO's $19 per CSP that work under them. Some IBO's charge more to get their own cut. Arise pays you according to time spent on the phone. There's a formula for adding up service revenue. ATT's base pay was .17 per minute. If you met the ridiculous metrics for that pay period you could get up to .27 per minute. arise "overpaid" me 2 invoices back to back which resulted in my next check being completely eaten in reimbursement. So I basically worked 2 months free.

The system pushed for you to finish all your falls under 13 minutes. If you know anything about customer service and billing, that's almost always impossible. Now in this 13 minutes you're also expected to have given the customer 100% satisfaction so that when they're texted the survey after the call, that give you an 8-10. Anything below an 8, affects your metrics and how much you get paid.

To schedule your hours you have to be consistently at the top of metrics to get the good hours. They release the schedule at different times for different pods. For instance, silver would be last and you get the hours that are left over.

The systems ALWAYS froze. Tech Support was NEVER helpful. There was always a miscommunication between your QPF, your IBO, and Arise. No room for growth. You're literally working for pennies. You're identified by a number. Just another number here to make ATT and Arise.

You need REAL ATT employees interacting with your CSP's and QPF's. We do just as much work as your employees. The pay structure should be unlawful. It went from .17 per minute to now $2 per call! This is a rip off. Arise you need more IBO support and more ways for CSP's to contact you and report issues with their IBO's. Your payroll is shady and inconsistent. CSP's are not getting paid

Terrible!

Former Employee - At Home-Customer Service
    Former Employee - At Home-Customer Service

I worked at Arise as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only one - you work from home

Cons

With so many bad reviews, I decided to add mine.
    I think, I can write a book about the wrong work model at Arise, that exploit desperate people.
    1. Many technical issues, often, and endless hours waiting for incapable tech support to solve it. Many times they leave you waiting and disappear. You are left waiting forever without any sign of life.
    2. There is no management at all. They hide from you and you can never, ever reach anyone if you have a problem. No Customer service for us, no management. You are left on your own. When you ask a question related to your paycheck, you never get an answer. The contact is only a small box-form, no phone number and they answer only questions that are convenient for them. If they don’t have an answer (which is most of the times) you never get an answer.
    3. I’ve worked for them about 4 years and never understood their payment structure. It is created purposely so difficult to understand. You never know why you receive the amount. How do they calculate it?
    They take a fee from every paycheck, you pay for all courses, trainings, adapting your computer to their archaic requirements. If your computer is more advanced, or you have the last version software – forget it! You have to downgrade in order to meet their two-century old requirements.
    4. I spent countless hours learning about the client, passing exams, for what? Not to become a CEO and have 6-figures salary. No. Just for $9 per hour, they make you crazy with requirements.
    Extremely demanding supervisors and monitoring people. Did I tell you that they monitor every call and the scores are most of the time subjective and unfair? You can’t ask why, no one gives you an explanation. I am always polite and the callers are always satisfied of how I treat them. But if I don’t have the score that Arise wants – I start receiving threatening emails that I will be fired if I don’t improve. Improve what? The worst thing is that they have stupid texts, obligatory to be said on every call. Every call is different and not their senseless text applies to every customer. When Arise realizes that, they change the text, but the bad score for the wrong text remains in your profile.
    Extremely rude and demanding and complicated requirements and you have the feeling that they don’t know what they want. All people who monitor have different requirements and they give you different scores on the same call! Do you say that fair?
    They set up unrealistic metrics, which is impossible to meet every time and when you don’t – you are fired. No explanation, no reason. They terminate often, because the new people don’t know how it works, the new candidates pay again for everything and Arise make billions.
    5. Terrible, awful instructors. They all have ties with the management and are extremely incapable, they don’t know how to teach and talk personal stories wasting our time. We pay for that.
    6. You never work the hours that you want to work. One of the scenario is when you have to literary fight for hours, because they disappear in front of your eyes and you become crazy staying on the computer 20 hours, watching the screen to catch some hours if somebody release them by chance. If not – you have less than 15 hours and you are penalized. It is not your fault – but who cares? The other option is when Arise have more hours available, because they didn’t make their calculations well, and they start bothering you on the phone or emails begging you to take more hours. So, you don’t have the freedom to work the hours that you want – you work the hours that Arise decide to give you. They play with you like with a toy.
    7. When you calculate all expenses on your side – training, courses, equipment, etc. and the miserable payment per hour that you receive and you never know how is calculated, you work for not more $4-$5 per hour, under inhuman stress and strict requirements, that you will never meet.
    I spent many sleepless nights fearing that next day I won’t be able to say what they want me to say and that I will be terminated without any reason or explanation. This is what happened at the end. When Arise need more money they terminate everyone to hire new, naïve, desperately looking for job people.
      Arise take advantage of people in need of job, usually single parents, disable people, who don’t have any other way to find a job. And Arise steal their money and treat them like slaves. In fact, they are legalized frauds.
    8. It is a police company, with severe dictatorship, treating all people like slaves, not like PARTNERS. You feel like criminal, or trash, working for them.
    You have a so called PF assigned, which is usually rude and disrespectful. While I’ve worked, changed 4-5, I’ve never heard a polite word. They are like wardens. Typical Nazi training.
    9. No matter what you do, you could be the best in the world, they will never appreciate that and if they decide, they will terminate you without explanations. I have all my excellent scores for years – but at the end what was left for me was an unfair termination, wasted time and ruined nervous system trying to please them and no money at all. I invested 10 times more than what I received.
    10. Don’t be misled – it is not your own business, you don’t make a decent living, you are exploited.
    Because Arise doesn’t hire us as employees, they don’t pay you anything, you don’t have security, insurance, everything comes out of your own pocket and Arise doesn’t pay anything for you to the Government. Do they care about the country or about themselves to become more and more billionaires?

I assume the management is paid well and MUST know what to do by now. Just in case they read that, I've been a manager for many years in the past and I can give them some advices.
    - Treat the people fairly, as real partners, not like slaves.
    - I saw some vague, senseless answers from John management. If this is a real person, educate yourself how to be a manager.
    - don't hide and solve the problems before they arise. Be useful for the people who make your high salaries and be grateful that they exist.
    - Change the payments to be more fair, and don't be so greedy.
    - Change the metrics to be more realistic and achievable.
    - Don't treat your PARTNERS as SLAVES! We live in a free country, with freedom of speech, don't forget that.
    - Hire managers, PF's, instructors - all capable, knowledgeable and polite. Apply all rules and restrictions to everyone equally. Do not discriminate!
    - Become available for the workers/partners and don't hide from them. Only people who do something against the law, hide. Hire as many managers as you need and give them time to discuss the problems and complaints and treat everyone with respect. Do not try to save money and overload the existing personnel.
    -Never forget that you deal with human beings, with human problems, not just numbers who you can terminate at any time. You should be humans, too.
    - Raise the payment and make one good thing in your life. If you are really human, you will see the difference in doing good things. Don't cheat the people who need this job desperately.

Its a joke

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Pros are getting to work from home, be your own boss and set your own hours

Cons

First of all you have to pay for your background check and csp 101 course witch is $100 unless they run a special that week and whatever client you want to work for running anywhere from $40-$150 before you even know if you have a job. Then you can either work for under your own ibo or someone elses business. Who ever your ibo is, they determined what you get paid. Arise will pay them up to $13 hr for you, but they might only pay you $9 and keep the rest. The training is 7-12 weeks depending on what client you work for and you dont get paid and you cant miss or be late more then once or they will drop you. Admissions is a JOKE. If you need help there is only a # for technical support any other issues you can chat with partner support and they can create a case and you hope it gets solved or you can email admissions and allow up to 48 hrs to respond, witch have the time they dont respond. They need better traninging for the workers on partner support and admissions. You cant get anything resolved. Its a call center enviorment but you can call their center for help. My account was deactived and i had to miss class and admissons kept saying they dont have a answer, but when i paid yall 150 dollars and i needed help walking through it they would write back. Alot of the clients will hire you from home from their website without having to go through Arise. I wouldnt advise this job unless you can get your own buisness like i did and even then good luck on getting help..they can post stuff on fb but cant respond to your emails.

Get some better trained people in admissions,and a better way to get in contact with them.

Nov 4, 2014CEO

Sorry you had a bad experience. Arise would prefer that you set up you own company and be your own boss. It appears that you chose to work for another independent business (ibo) originally. You ... More

Great, once you get it

Current Employee - Contract in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Contract in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, work when you want, bonuses.

Cons

Have to control your own tax payments.

Have a separate tax account to assist independent contractors. Training on how to pay taxes effectively is offered.

Nov 4, 2014CEO

We do try to introduce our IBs to companies that can help you with tax preparation. This is important as there are some tax benefits to Independent Business that you NEED to learn about.

Thanks
    ... More

Great Work At Home Job...!

I have been working at Arise full-time

Pros

Set your own hours a major plus
    Can service more then one client
    The client I service offers a lot of hours, love working for this client..!

Cons

Can take awhile to resolve issues
    Tech support needs inprovement

Have more support for the csp.

Nov 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for commenting. Arise has been investing more into Tech Support and recently replaced some of the leadership. We really want your business to be successful. Feel free to reach out to me ... More

Great potential for the right people.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Arise as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Making your own hours is the biggest plus. Working from home is an awesome perk at times. Great for college students and stay at home moms especially.

Cons

It's not great for everyone including myself. While I can see the huge benefits of a system like this I always found myself wanting more. The jobs are very basic and unchallenging and while it's really smooth sailing and quite the party in the beginning it gets old and boring quickly. This is my own personal opinion. I like to get out of the house and I didn't really enjoy doing over the phone/ internet chat customer service after a few years of doing this. It's repetitive. You have to be ok with giving the same information over and over and over and over...... It honestly drove me insane and I had to stop. I like my home to be my retreat and I ended up hating being there because it meant work that I didn't really enjoy. Also, with some of the companies that may not have been open 24/7 but had an abundance of IBO (Independent Business Owners) serving it made it very difficult to get enough hours to even comply with your contract. Most clients require 15-20 hours serviced a week, including weekend hours and during my time contracted to a very popular client, getting hours was harder than the actual job itself. If you don't work the amount of hours in your contract, you will be terminated, even if the hours just weren't available for you to pick up. Sometimes it was easier to get my minimum hours but almost impossible to make enough hours to make ends meat. I ended up needing to get another job to supplement while I was with this particular client. Other clients that service customers 24/7 are much easier to work around. I serviced a 24/7 company and never had any problems with hours and made plenty of money and it was the easiest job in the world. So keep those things in mind.

Needs better technical support system, although it's not terrible. Hardly had any issues but when I did it was a huge hassle to get a hold of someone.

Excellent independent contractor opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Arise

Pros

Flexibility, training, great pay and opportunities for advancement

Cons

None that I can think of