Arise Reviews

206 reviews filtered by
3.1
Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions (in 69 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select (in 9 reviews)

• Inefficient Tech support - some of the client programs are less communicative than others (in 15 reviews)

1. Amazing Culture and work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Arise's culture is like no other, you always feel like whatever task you are assigned whether big or small, is going to make an impact on the business. You are encouraged to express your ideas and opinions unlike most corporate companies where it goes in one ear and out the other. Arise truly appreciates their employees and that's what makes working here so great. The fact that you're able to work from home is also a huge plus, but the face to face contact you get with top management makes coming in to work rewarding. This is by far the best company I've worked for.

Cons

No Cons at all, this company is the best.

Management is great

Work life balance plus extra money!

Current Employee - IBO in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IBO in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Training classes are extensive, you are rewarded for adhering to your contract, there are classes to make you a better agent and business owner, they have wide variety of companies to work for, you work from home and can set your own hours. Nice pay with certain business contracts.

Cons

Some trainers will not follow protocol and dismiss (terminate) you versus working with you so you can succeed training seeing that you paid for it. Also if you don't make it through training you are not refunded your money. IT support is hit or miss meaning you may get someone who knows what they're doing and other times you may not.

Class fees should be lowered (I think this has already been done). Trainers need to take pride in having a succeeding class of agents and not focus on terminating agents for situations beyond they're control. Please get advanced IT agents or train IT support better. Higher pay and more incentives.

Arise has provided me with tremendous opportunities to advance my career!

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Arise has a corporate culture that encourages leadership at all levels, and provides employees with opportunities to make an impact. Arise has demonstrated it's corporate values through educational programs, community outreach events, and off-site socials which are fun and rewarding.

Cons

Many members of the local community don't recognize the Arise name at first, although we are rapidly becoming more well known through community outreach programs and volunteering events.

Continue to promote Arise as an innovative industry leader and further empower employees to apply their creativity in building the future.

Great Culture and Upper Management

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Working in such a collaborative environment with great executives allows for continued innovation and cutting-edge technologies. Being able to bring fresh ideas to upper management, who maintain an "open door policy" drives employee morale to continue their innovative thinking and continuous improvement on processes. Arise's executive team is solid, providing a hands-on approach and diving deep into projects with their teams.

Cons

Improve employee parking lot area.

Culture is fast paced. Great opportunities for those who thrive on challenges.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been working at Arise for 8-years. It is a fast paced company with lots of opportunity to learn quickly.
    It's great to work along some pretty brilliant people.

Cons

None that come to mind at the moment

Arise is a Small-scale Google Environment

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Arise for a few year now and it is a truly great place to work. Aside from having the most fantastic boss ever who treats me like an advisor instead of a basic employee, Arise offers me everything one would want in a job. On a day-to-day basis, I have the freedom and flexibility to work from home. I am challenged in my roles and responsibilities and have a regular sense of purpose and accomplishment through my projects. The perks and benefits are nothing short of outstanding where I feel as if I am fairly compensated, receive regular bonuses, am recognized for my work through corporate awards, have outstanding healthcare options, opportunity for greater learning, and more. The icing on the cake is that Arise helps make it a fun place to work. We have regular staff meetings that are themed and/or incorporate an office-wide activity like bowling or happy hour. We conduct office-wide social events like dress up at Halloween, have a pre-Super Bowl party, play foosball in the common area, and so much more. Arise strives to be a lot like Google, offering its employees a lot of perks, a great work environment, work-life balance, and a true sense of purpose. I find it very easy to wake up in the morning and go to work at Arise.

Cons

There's not too much that can be said in terms of cons. I think the most stand-out issue is that Arise is a small company with lots of clients and thousands of sub-contractors. In which case, there is a lot of work to go around. Some days people can feel stretched thin and over-burdened; but I think Arise tries really hard to help everyone feel appreciated and supported when "the going gets tough."

Follow the footsteps of your employees... Don't worry about the "WIFM." Instead, make sure everyone on your team is pitching in, running out of their swim lanes, and helping others as needed. If everyone at Arise were to support one another, across departments, it really would be a true Google environment.

Strong Management Team and Solid Business Model

Current Employee - Management in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Arise has a solid management team and a strong foundation of employees who work hard on a day to day basis to contribute to the company's continued growth and profitability. Arise's culture continues to foster the ability to bring forth new ideas/process and procedures. Over the years the culture has become more transparent as John Meyer has taken the helm.

Cons

Arise is a fast passed company. Many employees have come to Arise not understanding the importance of rolling their sleeves up and making at the accelerated pace.

Continue to innovate and bring new products and services to the market.

9. Good company but needs better management.

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Make your own schedule, many available companies to work for.

Cons

Pay is very low for the amount of work expected. Even when I have attained perfect scores on QA's, I am treated poorly.

Arise Response

Mar 12, 2015CEO

I would like to hear from you. I can fix some of your concerns.

John Meyer, CEO
    John@arise.com

10. Great Work At Home Company

Current Employee - CSP in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - CSP in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Arise

Pros

You make your own schedule and you're the boss.

Cons

Low pay and hours can be limited; according to client chosen.

None

11. Loses client contracts; horrendous management

Current Employee - CSP With LivePerson
    Current Employee - CSP With LivePerson

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Choose your own hours; work from home

Cons

Only one chat client available

Two clients I serviced have lost their contracts, and now the most recent, has left me without a client to service. I'm looking for other options now- Arise is going downhill and is not reliable.