Arise Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014

Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions (in 66 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select (in 10 reviews)

• This is for their "Tech Support" (which is horrible to begin with) (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Honest Review (Long)

Former Employee - Client Support Professional  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Support Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arise as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility (set own hours)
    Work-From-Home
    Plenty of clients to choose from (ATT, Comcast, Amazon, T-Mobile, Road Traveler, etc)
    All inbound calls
    No cold calling
    Can make great
    Great shift availability (depending on client)

1099- self employed

Let me start by saying, Ive worked in customer service & call centers at least 10 years. So I know the Ins and outs. There's really no difference. You've had one CSR job, you've had them all. However with Arise, the quality of your experience will be contingent upon the client you choose to work for, and the IBO you contract under unless you decide to license your own LLC through your state.

You will have to pay for the training course, your headset and telephone. Your computer will have to run the proper technology required for that client.

I tried Arise out as a CSP (client support professional) under my friends corporation. You choose a client (I chose AT&T IRU-Mobility), then you pay for the course. You're in a virtual class room with other CSP's and IBO's learning the clients services and systems. Depending on the client, training is 8 weeks (ATT).

Training was amazing! I had a live class full of people with personality. You get to make friendships with different people all over the country. Our Trainer was superb. He knew his stuff! He was thorough, honest, and tough on us. I would say over 90% of our class certified and moved on to production.

I've made relationships with some cool people and we keep in touch even though many of us no kong we work for Arise.
    I did appreciate that the schedules were released 2 weeks ahead so that you cOuld select your work times.

Cons

Unpaid training
    Long training periods
    Large virtual training classes
    Systems slow
    Tech support often inefficient
    Lousy pay structure
    Extensive and almost impossible to meet metrics
    QAPF's often unorganized
    IBO's often not knowledgable of your client and work
    Revenue is based on surveys from customers
    Penalties for missing shifts even when the issue is technical
    No PTO and some holidays you're req'd to work

The first 6 weeks of training were unpaid. If you pass certification, you're required to take calls AND do training, but you will get paid for those calls.

As soon as you get familiar and build a relationship with one QPF you're switched to another and pretty much never come into contact with that person again.

Depending on your IBO, they can choose how much business fees they can take out of your check. Arise charges IBO's $19 per CSP that work under them. Some IBO's charge more to get their own cut. Arise pays you according to time spent on the phone. There's a formula for adding up service revenue. ATT's base pay was .17 per minute. If you met the ridiculous metrics for that pay period you could get up to .27 per minute. arise "overpaid" me 2 invoices back to back which resulted in my next check being completely eaten in reimbursement. So I basically worked 2 months free.

The system pushed for you to finish all your falls under 13 minutes. If you know anything about customer service and billing, that's almost always impossible. Now in this 13 minutes you're also expected to have given the customer 100% satisfaction so that when they're texted the survey after the call, that give you an 8-10. Anything below an 8, affects your metrics and how much you get paid.

To schedule your hours you have to be consistently at the top of metrics to get the good hours. They release the schedule at different times for different pods. For instance, silver would be last and you get the hours that are left over.

The systems ALWAYS froze. Tech Support was NEVER helpful. There was always a miscommunication between your QPF, your IBO, and Arise. No room for growth. You're literally working for pennies. You're identified by a number. Just another number here to make ATT and Arise.

You need REAL ATT employees interacting with your CSP's and QPF's. We do just as much work as your employees. The pay structure should be unlawful. It went from .17 per minute to now $2 per call! This is a rip off. Arise you need more IBO support and more ways for CSP's to contact you and report issues with their IBO's. Your payroll is shady and inconsistent. CSP's are not getting paid

Excellent independent contractor opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Arise

Pros

Flexibility, training, great pay and opportunities for advancement

Cons

None that I can think of

Great Work At Home Job...!

I have been working at Arise full-time

Pros

Set your own hours a major plus
    Can service more then one client
    The client I service offers a lot of hours, love working for this client..!

Cons

Can take awhile to resolve issues
    Tech support needs inprovement

Have more support for the csp.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, once you get it

Current Employee - Contract  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Contract in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, work when you want, bonuses.

Cons

Have to control your own tax payments.

Have a separate tax account to assist independent contractors. Training on how to pay taxes effectively is offered.

Overall, a good experience.

I worked at Arise as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Obviously, working from home. Some flexibility over hours.

Cons

The pay was sub par. You do have to form or already have an LLC or corporation as you will get receive a 1099 at the end of the year.

Can be good, if you have the right client

Current Employee - Online Chat  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Online Chat in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arise part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home, flexible, easy to get started

Cons

Pay is low, there is no way to contact Arise other than email, Tech support is lack luster, high turn over, they make it very clear that we are highly replaceable, You're a contractor that essentially acts as an employee so they can get around paying employment taxes

Great potential for the right people.

I worked at Arise as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Making your own hours is the biggest plus. Working from home is an awesome perk at times. Great for college students and stay at home moms especially.

Cons

It's not great for everyone including myself. While I can see the huge benefits of a system like this I always found myself wanting more. The jobs are very basic and unchallenging and while it's really smooth sailing and quite the party in the beginning it gets old and boring quickly. This is my own personal opinion. I like to get out of the house and I didn't really enjoy doing over the phone/ internet chat customer service after a few years of doing this. It's repetitive. You have to be ok with giving the same information over and over and over and over...... It honestly drove me insane and I had to stop. I like my home to be my retreat and I ended up hating being there because it meant work that I didn't really enjoy. Also, with some of the companies that may not have been open 24/7 but had an abundance of IBO (Independent Business Owners) serving it made it very difficult to get enough hours to even comply with your contract. Most clients require 15-20 hours serviced a week, including weekend hours and during my time contracted to a very popular client, getting hours was harder than the actual job itself. If you don't work the amount of hours in your contract, you will be terminated, even if the hours just weren't available for you to pick up. Sometimes it was easier to get my minimum hours but almost impossible to make enough hours to make ends meat. I ended up needing to get another job to supplement while I was with this particular client. Other clients that service customers 24/7 are much easier to work around. I serviced a 24/7 company and never had any problems with hours and made plenty of money and it was the easiest job in the world. So keep those things in mind.

Needs better technical support system, although it's not terrible. Hardly had any issues but when I did it was a huge hassle to get a hold of someone.

customer service representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Arise as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

flexible scheduling from morning until late evening

Cons

amount of work hours are not consistent, may lead to working less than part time.

Contractors should be given more of advance notices of policy changes.

It could be soooo much better

Current Employee - Independent Business Owner  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Current Employee - Independent Business Owner in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Arise as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You create your own hours. I am able to run my own business through them. You can select who you would like to work for. Some of the trainer's are amazing. You can determine your income in many ways. You could possibly build a great company.

Cons

Technical, Partner Support, and any chat support is HORRIBLE. The wait time is extremely long and some of the representatives are absolutely rude. Some times because of the representatives things do not go smoothly. I have lost agents due to not being able to get the proper help from the Arise side. I switched departments and I am finally at the point to bring in money for my business but cannot, because Arise has taken what is now over a week to fix a technical issue. Which may leave me in a really negative spot business wise, and I may possibly lose my client before even getting to service for them. I have contacted them over 20 times (literally) within a week. I don't like that they promote to our prospective Reps to start their own businesses, because that hinders business growth for the rest of us. Training is not paid. They do not have enough support for the Independent Business Owner's, and I do not feel it really fully sets us up for success.

I hate to give a bad review for Arise. I started out as a CSP for them in 2011, and they were great. I do feel some things have improved but not by much. I feel like now with the new structure that allows us to own our own businesses through Arise. I feel it unfair that Arise encourage that and then recruit our Reps to start their own business. That takes away business from the business we are still trying to build. I feel that Arise should support the IBO's more, because if we succeed so do they. It kind of feels like you are playing both sides. I paid a whole lot of money into starting my own IBO. Now that I have Arise is not giving back the quality I am paying them for. This causes me to lose out on money. You got paid and get paid your money. I don't feel that your employees not doing their part should stop my business or keep me from making my money.. Which it is... And I do not appreciate the pretty much, OH Well, I get from the Arise Employees. The idea, concept, and vision of what is trying to be done is AMAZING. But I just feel it could be a whole lot better. I know you guys are still trying to fix things up and make them better. But from where I stand you have a whole lot further to go.

arise

I worked at Arise

Pros

work from home and free time with family

Cons

compensation compensation please pay for training

pay for time served

Worked for Arise? Contribute to the Community!