Arise Reviews

Reset
3.9
Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Supposely able to work from home as your ouwn business owner (in 69 reviews)

• Working from home is a plus and having the ability to create a flexible schedule is a perk (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • compensation compensation please pay for training (in 9 reviews)

• This is for their "Tech Support" (which is horrible to begin with) (in 15 reviews)

Current Employee - IBO INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNER in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IBO INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNER in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Arise (More than 10 years)

Pros

I been a IBO contractor there since 2004. Of course they could pay more but so could any company? They pay over minimum wage and if you excel you can make more. But I love the being home choose your own schedule. Its not for everyone to contract at Arise. To get started takes time and a little money if you want to be IBO. But you can always work up under someone elses corporation and just pay a small monthly fee. They offer quite a few clients. I have contracted to a few over the years. The roadside emergency one I did for almost 8 years but sadly they took their business elsewhere when their contract with Arise was up. You contract 3 months at a time. You can drop a client anytime and after a waiting period choose another opportunity. Or they can drop you for not maintaining your stats. Like any other company if you are scheduled to work you are expected to show up. They have stats you need to achieve and maintain which are not that hard to do.Since 2004 i never once had a problem with my pay which is invoiced every 2 weeks and paid auto to the bank of your choice. I love it there and pray they stay in business for as long as I need to work which is probably 15 more years.

Cons

Seriously I cant think of any at this point except perhaps their training classes could be more than 4 hours a day so you can get thru faster to start earning. The reason for the 4 hour classes is that many work a real job elsewhere OR already have one client and could not do 8 hr a days classes so I understand that. Contracts are for 15-20 hours a week not 40. This make a nice part time job or if the client offers alot of hours you can make it into 40 or 40 the choice is up to you as long as you work your commitment each week. Most clients include 5 hours on the weekends .

Advice to Management

Get rid of the slackers and those who by their actions like not showing up for scheduled hours and staying on after call all day and taking 12 min a call rather than the 3 or 4 alotted etc. This affect you and the clients relationship with you. If we dont do good then you dont look good and some companies may terminate their contract with you. I understand this but many do not.. Many look at this like just another job because you started letting CSP in to work under the IBO. The CSPs are going to possibly ruin it for everyone in my opinion as they have not invested at all into the company.

Positive, High Energy Enthusiastic Company!

I have been working at Arise full-time

Pros

This company is unlike any other I have ever worked for. The company is made up of smart, driven individuals ready to take on the challenge of changing the way the world works. I am constantly learning new things and have consistent opportunities for growth. The compensation is strong and benefits are wonderful. I really feel like I have the whole package here. I love my work and the people I work with, so I don't dread coming to work any longer.

Cons

I work a lot, and most people do here since we are growing so fast. But, since I love what I do, It doesn't seem like it. I know I am making a difference and that makes every minute exciting and rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Your transparent communications make me feel comfortable knowing I am a part of the strategic vision and mission.

Aug 20, 2015 – Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am so happy you find Arise a Great Place to Work and that you are passionate about our mission to Change the Way the World Works! So glad you are pleased ... More

Amazing company to launch a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Arise is changing the BPO industry, truly innovative business model, extremely appealing to any recent college graduate wanting to learn for career growth or future startup aspirations. Top notch senior and upper management, great set of peers with similar aspirations, ability to make an impact from the get go, tons of room for growth within the company.

Cons

Arise is disrupting an industry which is stubborn in its ways. Contact services is not the sexiest of segments even though it is the backbone for the shine marketing and product get at all major companies. Although improving, technology could still be better, need to match sales and client management excellence with equal or bigger investments in tech talent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture of disruption and rewarding top talent regardless of their level. Create a true technology startup environment by having the best software team to create tools which change the way business is done, this will be the key for our continued success in the future!

Aug 20, 2015 – Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your very candid and insightful feedback! I am thrilled to see that you find the talent at Arise best in class and that you feel like you are able to see and measure your impact every ... More

5. Flexible Workplace

Pros

I love the fact that Arise has extremely smart, hard-working and talented individuals who innovate on a daily basis. It is refreshing and fun to come to work and have a chance to make suggestions, simplify, and improve. Ideas are seen come to life here no matter what level you are in the company.

Cons

There is a lot of work to get done at Arise, but I appreciate the flexibility provided by my leader to work around my schedule and my style.

Advice to Management

Leaders at Arise are very approachable. I learn from them constantly and have many mentors within the company.

6. customer service

Current Employee - Work At Home Mom in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Work At Home Mom in Las Cruces, NM

Pros

make your own schedule, you can work around your kids. able to change schedule if you really need to. work life balance

Cons

you have to pay to work for a client. After that you don't get the hours you thought you would. They go by a star and tenure system so if your new and the client requires 15 or 20hrs min. you actually wont get that because your a new agent, They fail to tell you this though. I have been with arise for a month. i got 10hrs one week and 6 the next. now im getting zip hours. Not a good company to start with if you are trying to make money, unless you don't need any and willing to wait until your a season agent to make money. Now I am forced to find another job.

Advice to Management

i have nothing to say...smh

Aug 31, 2015 – CEO

Stick with it. The summer is traditionally a slow period, but hours are plentiful starting in Sept. We needed to get you in the network and experienced for the upcoming peak. Thanks for the ... More

7. Chat tech

Pros

It allows you to be flexible

Cons

At time there are a lot of system issues

Advice to Management

Have a lot of patience

Aug 20, 2015 – Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback...would love to hear more about the systems issues. Please feel free to email me directly.

Scammy.

Pros

Own hours, easy work, stay in your pajamas if you wish.

Cons

Classes, and arise is scam-adjacent by forcing you to take classes you pay for. Also, not easy to deal with angry clients.

Aug 26, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for the comment. Was there something unclear about the Arise requirement for you to pay to certify on the Client that you chose ? It is not a lot of money, but it is critical to our clients ... More

CSR

Pros

Flexibility and the ability to work from home.

Cons

work load and the amount of money that you make

Arise

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company! I truly enjoy working at Arise. I have amazing teammates and as an employee I feel valued and appreciated. In the short time I have been at Arise I have already gained so much knowledge, experience and responsibility.

Cons

Working late hours. Priorities change quickly and so does your workload.

Aug 17, 2015 – Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer

Thanks for the amazing feedback! I am so happy to see that you are enjoying working at Arise! I am so happy that you feel like you have grown professionally during your tenure with us! Hope to see ... More

11. Great place

Pros

Flexible work environment. Very involved with the community. Has great insight into an untapped market.

Cons

Lack of communication and missing internal processes.

Advice to Management

Look more into employee feedback.

RSS Feed </> Embed