Arise

Arise Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Arise CEO John A. Meyer

John A. Meyer

Pros:
  • "Supposely able to work from home as your ouwn business owner"
    in 45 reviews
  • "Work from home and choose your own hours to do so"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Work load can lead to work life balance issues at times, nothing too extreme though"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Arise is top of the game for WAH opportunity.

CSP (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arise part-time for less than a year

ProsOut of all the WAH companies, Arise is one of the best. They deliver on all they say they can do. Training is great and sufficient and the job opportunities are for wonderful companies that offer real good salaries. The flexible hours are the best.

ConsSometimes the amount to train is a bit high but it often goes on sale by the weekend. At times the selection of companies looking for CSPs is minimal but you have to keep checking in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and find more companies to add to the business opportunity like HSN and QVC type positions.

Great place to earn money at home

CSP (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than a year

ProsYou can set your own schedule, train from home, make good money and advance to a higher position with ease.

ConsSome of the training fees are high. First you have to pay $99 to get certified as a phone rep then pay an additional fee for training for a specific client. Example: Sprint, AAA and AT&T all answer their phones differently. You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select. You can use Windows 7 or XP cumputer systems to service clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate Arise systems to be compatible with Windows 8

Apr 3, 2014

Windows 8 compatibility will available for all clients by Sept. For some clients, it will be sooner.

It can be a great WAH job......

Contractor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arise as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsWorking from home is a plus and having the ability to create a flexible schedule is a perk.

ConsYou may be able to have a flex schedule but you don't necessarly get to choose the hours you work...its whatever is available. Usually the top performers are awarded the ability to pick hours first so if you can maintain the metrics, you'll get the schedule you want.

They charge you to take the classes and they do not pay you while in training and spin it that you are investing in your business... this is avoid hiring employees and play on the emotion of working at home, being there for your kids etc... Working from home is not always easy and if you have children its even harder so don't kid yourself (no pun intended) that it won't come without its challenges - trying taking a call from a customer and uh oh, the baby wakes up... You'll have to communicate a good schedule with your spouse, partner or sitter etc. They hire and fire in waves....if you aren't meeting your metrics when the firing tsunami hits, youre gone. Its your basic sort from highest to lowest and the ones on the bottom get cut.... You truly have to treat this as a job and not some easy gig that you can kick back and get by. Your metrics have to be at or above expectations. The companies expect results from Arise - you figure out what works best for you, research your clients, listen to what others say before jumping on board with a client. Once you get past all the training drama, you can start to make money. Ive been with Arise for years, live near corporate and truly know how it all works from the inside out. Much of your experience will be based on the cient you choose and the managment running the client. They do charge you a $19.95 bi weekly fee for IT support. You pay for the IT support to work their clients....Ive always found that fee quite annoying and somewhat fraudulent...How can you charge the people servicing your clients for tech issues that are not in there control. Its either pay it or not work for Arise though so it is what it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really ought to vet the management you hire a little closer....

Expect more than they give

Arise IBO (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Arise as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsWorking from home, owning own business, flexibility in hours. Start up is fairly easy.

Cons-You pay them to train you for their clients. Which is fascinating, since you're providing them with a service (as the contractor, they are your customer). Aside from that, the training you receive is the basics and FULL of technical issues. Half the time the program they use for training fails. Once you pass and are "certified" you are expected to sink or swim with your basic understand of the client. If you sink, your contract can be terminated without warning. If you swim, and can get hours, it can be exactly what you were looking for. Training needs to be completely restructured. "Business Partners" should be given more respect, even if they are as "replaceable" as they are constantly reminded. Loyalty will get you further than intimidation.

-After passing your certification, expect to be required to go through, and pay for more training for the client. Even though, really, this should have all been covered during the initial training process or at least presented to you without charge as it's continued training.

-Their "secure OS" is not good. I've never seen a program like this go live. I've worked in IT most of my life, this OS should have never happened.

-Their technical support leaves much to be desired. Half the time I was telling them what needed to happen.

-Arise does not hold itself to the same customer service standards it hold CSPs to. From mentors/leaders/instructors to IT, their customer service is subpar at best. They should be leading by example, but have completely missed the mark.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company could be amazing, the potential is there. However, as of now, it needs restructure. Work with your IBOs!! You're missing out on a major opportunity by requiring your IBOs to go through a client to become active. Create a training session that will teach your "business partners" the ins-and-outs of Arise and how to make sure their CSPs are prepared for your client courses. Teach them how to work with you; create a sense of a partnership, since that's what it is suppose to be, between Arise and your IBOs. Then they (IBO) are active more quickly, informed, can hire CSPs that will take on a client. You've now collected on the class for your IBOs, gained a new CSP quickly, and your IBO CSP will most likely also join a client. You will create trust and loyalty.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Arise has an environment of a family setting, they care very much about the well being of all their employees

Code Coordinator (Former Employee)
Miramar, FL

I worked at Arise full-time for more than a year

ProsYour effort does not go unnoticed, and your are encourage daily to strive above and beyound.

ConsWhile your work effort does not go unnoticed it is sometimes difficult to share your ideas with your managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmall people have big ideas too.

Very happy

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity for growth, open to ideas. Hard work gets recognized. Company invests in its employees

ConsLack of solid standard operating procedures that are documented for newcomers to have easy transition. Systems are limited. Could have better communication when. Rolling out new processes

Works for what I need it to.

ProsWork from home.
Decent pay.
Opportunities to advance.

ConsSystem performance is varied based on your internet service and computer.
Training isn't the best. A lot of on the job training.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop much better training.

Don't make this a long term plan.

At Home-Customer Service (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Arise as a contractor for more than a year

Pros100% work-from-home and a real paycheck, relatively easy start-up.

ConsUnprofessional but hide behind contracts and jargon to intimidate their "business partners" (you). Really treat you like an employee but turn around and leave you hanging claiming this is a business relationship and they won't do anything to help you. Arise is ok if you are in a situation where you need a way to make some money in between jobs or if you're trying to work on a side project, but most definitely not long-term. I recommend finding ways to get in without paying the high start-up costs. I.e., fill out the application form and wait until they send you an email offering you a discounted CSP101 course. If you're a student or military member it's even cheaper to join.
I do caution you: This is a very shady company that does not hold itself to the same high customer service standards it hold us to. I have had very bad experiences with them and am trying to get OUT.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRANSPARENCY!

Mar 18, 2014

Please feel free to email me at john@arise.com.

This is not the type of company that I am running.

John

Good company but they should monitor their contracted supervisor and trainers more closely

At Home-Customer Service (Current Employee)
Newark, NJ

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than a year

ProsThe ability to choose your own schedule. Work as much as you want when you want if you work up to it.

ConsTrainers can be rude and so can the people who are suppose to help you while working your shift, reaching someone in an office if there's a problem is impossible!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire real people to resolve issue with paychecks..

Mar 18, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. We are simplifying the process so that it will be very transparent how your revenue is calculated.

Should be implemented in the next two months depending on the client ... More

great experience, i pick my own hours,days when I want to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than 10 years

ProsYou work when you wnat

ConsNot enough hours, sometimes the hours they do provide you with they cancel them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to provide more hours

Worked for Arise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arise reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arise CEO John A. Meyer. All 109 reviews posted anonymously by Arise employees.