Arise Reviews

211 reviews filtered by
3.1
Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions (in 69 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select (in 9 reviews)

• Inefficient Tech support - some of the client programs are less communicative than others (in 15 reviews)

1. Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pick your own hours and the client I work for offers a lot of hours. The pay is good. They have a lot of client to work for.

Cons

Tech issues sometimes but they try to resolve the issue as quick as possible. The tech department has improved greatly from when I started a year ago. Tech issues that I have seen lately have been resolved and improved greatly.

2. Technical support

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I worked at Arise

Pros

Good pay, well equipped to handle position

Cons

Very stressful job at times

3. Perfect work from home job

Current Contractor - At Home-Customer Service in Norfolk, VA
    Current Contractor - At Home-Customer Service in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Arise as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Set your own hours, excellent support system, very good training, ongoing training as you advance. You get out what you put in. There is a lot of study time involved, but if you are looking for work from home, it is perfect. Pick your clients carefully. If you choose a cell or tv provider, you will be providing tech support

Cons

I see no cons in this opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Love it

5. Amazing Culture and work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Arise's culture is like no other, you always feel like whatever task you are assigned whether big or small, is going to make an impact on the business. You are encouraged to express your ideas and opinions unlike most corporate companies where it goes in one ear and out the other. Arise truly appreciates their employees and that's what makes working here so great. The fact that you're able to work from home is also a huge plus, but the face to face contact you get with top management makes coming in to work rewarding. This is by far the best company I've worked for.

Cons

No Cons at all, this company is the best.

Advice to Management

Management is great

Work life balance plus extra money!

Current Employee - IBO in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IBO in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Training classes are extensive, you are rewarded for adhering to your contract, there are classes to make you a better agent and business owner, they have wide variety of companies to work for, you work from home and can set your own hours. Nice pay with certain business contracts.

Cons

Some trainers will not follow protocol and dismiss (terminate) you versus working with you so you can succeed training seeing that you paid for it. Also if you don't make it through training you are not refunded your money. IT support is hit or miss meaning you may get someone who knows what they're doing and other times you may not.

Advice to Management

Class fees should be lowered (I think this has already been done). Trainers need to take pride in having a succeeding class of agents and not focus on terminating agents for situations beyond they're control. Please get advanced IT agents or train IT support better. Higher pay and more incentives.

Feeling duped

I have been working at Arise

Pros

They say you can work from home but I wouldn't know because I havnt been given the opportunity to advance in the company.

Cons

I paid for and passed my criminal background check only to be locked out of my account when I went to the site to sign up for training. I emailed admissions and waited three days per email instructions and emailed again. I was told my background test results were only valid for 7 days. I still have not heard anything back from this company. I visited the site today and I am still locked out. I don't think I should have to start the process over as it says in the email considering I followed all instructions. I'm starting to think this whole thing is a scam. Just taking people's money.

Advice to Management

Respond to potiential applicants

Hidden cost for Contract employment

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arise (less than a year)

Pros

They are willing to put you to work

Cons

Everything thing cost, I am an Independent Contractor, I paid for my license through the government, then had to pay for the class for Arise, next they hit you with the charge of the customer needing assistance (they charge for this class as well) Nothing is under 100.00. So be careful of what you sign.

Advice to Management

Teach your Support staff to let you handle things that they can (No Way Handle). In the section for the opportunities it stated that they have (AT Times-I realize this) have vouchers and offer deferred payments. I was willing to pay but as my dad has recently died and I was out with him long enough for my bank account to be drained, I wanted SOMEONE in management to call me and see if we could speak with the Customer for a deferred payment plan. The Support Staff took it upon themselves that the management team did not even need to speak with me, now I am upset (as a Customer to Arise-because we are all Customers to each other-even the people we work with in our own facility) and I want people to know the real truth about how they charge you for everything and the Chat Support does not even contact anyone to assist you if they cannot assist you.

Arise has provided me with tremendous opportunities to advance my career!

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Arise has a corporate culture that encourages leadership at all levels, and provides employees with opportunities to make an impact. Arise has demonstrated it's corporate values through educational programs, community outreach events, and off-site socials which are fun and rewarding.

Cons

Many members of the local community don't recognize the Arise name at first, although we are rapidly becoming more well known through community outreach programs and volunteering events.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote Arise as an innovative industry leader and further empower employees to apply their creativity in building the future.

Be careful

I worked at Arise

Pros

Set own hours.
    Extensive training.
    Easy hiring process.

A lot of client opportunities.

Cons

Expensive courses.
    Unpaid training.
    Lack of direct assistance from Arise.

I honestly believe the last four or five reviews are fakes or written by Arise staff. Many of them were written in the same day. Unless things have drastically changed in 3 months, I didn't experience any of the positive things written in those reviews. And if you look passed the most current ones, others didn't either.

Advice to Management

Stop ripping off your IBO's and CSP's.

Arise Response

Apr 13, 2015CEO

Let's put some facts to this. Initial Arise orientation can be from $20-100 and run about 10 hours. You chose the client you want to support. Certification is from $20-250 to certify you and you ... More

Good company but needs better management.

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Arise

Pros

Make your own schedule, many available companies to work for.

Cons

Pay is very low for the amount of work expected. Even when I have attained perfect scores on QA's, I am treated poorly.

Arise Response

Mar 12, 2015CEO

I would like to hear from you. I can fix some of your concerns.

John Meyer, CEO