Arise

Updated January 26, 2015
2.8

Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions (in 69 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select (in 9 reviews)

• Inefficient Tech support - some of the client programs are less communicative than others (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Work At home Job

I have been working at Arise as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Like scheduling my own hours, no gas commute, no long interview hiring process and alot of savings and time to manage my home as a homeschool mom.

Cons

Tech support, handling of chat support issues

Please fix fix tech support

Don't get sick. Termination is pretty much permanent, you can kiss your incorporation costs goodbye.

I worked at Arise (less than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule - to a degree.

Cons

No time off and no forgiveness if you miss work - for any reason. You have to pay your own payroll taxes. As a result, compensation is much lower than expected. Management never responded to my emails. Training was subpar.

A little forgiveness goes a long way.

Tech Support

Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Arise

Pros

You can set your own hours and work independently - that is the only pro.

Cons

Expect no assistance from anyone, you are on your own. This includes Tech Support. It is not that they are incompetent, it is because they have been instructed to be so depending on who they are assisting. After certifying, if you are having a continual tech problems, it is because Arise has deemed that you are not a desirable customer service person. That way, you will try again and will pay more money to take another course. In addition, if you are unable to certify, that just creates questions that Arise feels that they do not have to answer or have time to answer.

Also, do you ever wonder why there are no females on the board of directors and only 2 women in upper manageement. This is a company who claims to be the comapny for working moms!

Management does not care what you have to say. They are not even required to respond to any customer service person nor is there any recourse if you receive an unfair QA. A QAPF or PCL does not have to respond to any question or concern that you may have. You can email them 20 times about the same question and you will not get a response or if they do, they will just tell you what you want to hear in that nice, available script they have and not follow-up.

Great for a part time job. Not great for full time

Current Employee - Disney CSP
    Current Employee - Disney CSP

I have been working at Arise as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I can make my own schedule. Seriously. I make my own schedule. Who doesn't love that? I can take time off almost whenever I choose. Yes, it's unpaid but what part time job gives you paid time off? This is amazing for a stay at home Mom trying to work around school schedules.

Cons

Tech support is terrible. You can NEVER speak to a live person. Ever. And the Arise website has been crashing more and more lately.
    Choose your Client carefully. My first client was terrible to work for. My existing client is great and has good support for me to do my job well.
    I had to accept the fact that this is a part time job. I can't imagine supporting my family on $9 an hour full time minus all the Arise fee's. If there are technical issues either with the client or Arise, I simply swap my hours and accept I won't make as much this week. It would be far far more stressful if I was depending on this income for my bread and butter support.

More people to work on Tech Support. Figure out how to stop the website from crashing. Have consistent requirements from the Clients in regards to the support and help they offer the CSP's to do the job well.

CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, GA

I worked at Arise part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, flexible around the clock hours. Training is very flexible as well based on clients requirements.

Cons

Pay was too low to meet my needs without working excessive hours.

To keep qualified employees please consider increasing your pay scale.

1099 Contractor

I worked at Arise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to sign up with client companies. I worked several contractors that allowed me to fulfill 40-60 hours a week.

Cons

Hourly fees and service bonuses not really competitive. I had to work close to 50-55 hours a week to survive. Upfront fees for training and bit expensive for some opportunities. Trainings are mandatory and intense, which is not a problem, but some can go 4 to 5 weeks everyday for 4 hours.

Not all client training needs to be live training. Some can be module/online training with assessments at the end of each course.

I'm just not sure of what to say about Arise right now

I have been working at Arise

Pros

My IBO is awesome! I guess I got lucky

Cons

Technical Support is terrible. I have not been able to start servicing clients yet due to technical issues.

Provide more support for IBO's. Treat your employees better. More like we are a vital part of your business.

Steer Clear!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Arise part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling allowing parents to work nights.

Cons

Must pay for training which can not only be expensive but also very time consuming. Even after passing the training certification you are not guaranteed a job nor hours to fulfill your contracted agreement. Very poor communication from the "Client Support" team leads. Business model takes advantage of people desperate for work. All fees and expenses paid up front by those who plan on working for the client. Huge attrition is a big indicator that the company makes its money on people paying for training and then not certifying or receiving enough hours to make a living. Arise charges 19.95 per pay period (every two weeks) even if you don't have the hours to compensate that fee. There are competitors in the market place now that will make the Arise business model and taking advantage of their workforce obsolete. Arise has also lost large client accounts recently. Also an indicator of competition that is providing their service with better outcomes.

Stop taking advantage of your workers. Reconfigure your business model. Teach your management to be responsive and respectful of their trainees and workers time.

Run and Don't look back

I have been working at Arise

Pros

You can pick your own days/times to work, aside from the days you need to work according to your contract, for example, it may require 10 hours for the weekdays and 5 hours for Sat/Sun

Cons

Everything else is a con. No hours, no pay, no human being to ever speak to if there's an issue besides chat help, and that can take hours just waiting for a rep.

By the time it has taken the agents to finally master the client, you let them go because of metrics. Unless an agent has done something illegal or unethical, its extremely unfair to continuously offer new training classes while so many agents are desperate for hours. The SOWS should be longer than 3 months. Also, with all the expectations placed upon us continuously, a 'thank you' would be very nice and appreciated once in a while. It's us who keep you all in your positions of power, and it's also us the agents that help keep those billion dollar clients happy.

Arise Response

Jan 12, 2015CEO

I am not sure what client you were servicing, but the best performing agents based on the metrics that the clients require us to deliver get to pick the hours first. If you are not getting the ... More

After 3 years of Service

Former Employee - CSP in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - CSP in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Arise

Pros

You can pick your own hours. Pay is good

Cons

Once you mess up on a job you cant pick up another. I have tried to get back in 4 different times but can not get a response from them. They send a generic email asking for information and I send back that info and I get no other response.