Arise Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014

Arise Co-Chairman and CEO John A. Meyer
John A. Meyer

Pros
  • Pay is on par with most work from home customer service positions (in 54 reviews)

• Flexibility of work hours, work at home, quality training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will need to pay for training to learn how to service each client you select (in 8 reviews)

• Tech support can take hours depending on time of day (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, a good experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Arise as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Obviously, working from home. Some flexibility over hours.

Cons

The pay was sub par. You do have to form or already have an LLC or corporation as you will get receive a 1099 at the end of the year.

Game Changer for Stay-at-home mom

Current Employee - Small Business Owner  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Small Business Owner in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Arise as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Arise is currently has 7,500 work-from-home opportunities. Partnering with Arise, I am able to be my own boss, have a flexible schedule that meets my lifestyle demands, and make a comfortable living on my own terms. I can also work from anywhere, as this opportunity is 100% virtual. I can take the work with me!

Cons

The work is home based, so you need to be able to work virtually without becoming easily distracted. I don't consider this a con as the people who partner with Arise should be able to work well virtually and understand that this is a 100% virtual opportunity.

Thanks for the partnership!

Can be good, if you have the right client

Current Employee - Online Chat  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Online Chat in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arise part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home, flexible, easy to get started

Cons

Pay is low, there is no way to contact Arise other than email, Tech support is lack luster, high turn over, they make it very clear that we are highly replaceable, You're a contractor that essentially acts as an employee so they can get around paying employment taxes

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It could be soooo much better

Current Employee - Independent Business Owner  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Current Employee - Independent Business Owner in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Arise as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You create your own hours. I am able to run my own business through them. You can select who you would like to work for. Some of the trainer's are amazing. You can determine your income in many ways. You could possibly build a great company.

Cons

Technical, Partner Support, and any chat support is HORRIBLE. The wait time is extremely long and some of the representatives are absolutely rude. Some times because of the representatives things do not go smoothly. I have lost agents due to not being able to get the proper help from the Arise side. I switched departments and I am finally at the point to bring in money for my business but cannot, because Arise has taken what is now over a week to fix a technical issue. Which may leave me in a really negative spot business wise, and I may possibly lose my client before even getting to service for them. I have contacted them over 20 times (literally) within a week. I don't like that they promote to our prospective Reps to start their own businesses, because that hinders business growth for the rest of us. Training is not paid. They do not have enough support for the Independent Business Owner's, and I do not feel it really fully sets us up for success.

I hate to give a bad review for Arise. I started out as a CSP for them in 2011, and they were great. I do feel some things have improved but not by much. I feel like now with the new structure that allows us to own our own businesses through Arise. I feel it unfair that Arise encourage that and then recruit our Reps to start their own business. That takes away business from the business we are still trying to build. I feel that Arise should support the IBO's more, because if we succeed so do they. It kind of feels like you are playing both sides. I paid a whole lot of money into starting my own IBO. Now that I have Arise is not giving back the quality I am paying them for. This causes me to lose out on money. You got paid and get paid your money. I don't feel that your employees not doing their part should stop my business or keep me from making my money.. Which it is... And I do not appreciate the pretty much, OH Well, I get from the Arise Employees. The idea, concept, and vision of what is trying to be done is AMAZING. But I just feel it could be a whole lot better. I know you guys are still trying to fix things up and make them better. But from where I stand you have a whole lot further to go.

Great potential for the right people.

I worked at Arise as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Making your own hours is the biggest plus. Working from home is an awesome perk at times. Great for college students and stay at home moms especially.

Cons

It's not great for everyone including myself. While I can see the huge benefits of a system like this I always found myself wanting more. The jobs are very basic and unchallenging and while it's really smooth sailing and quite the party in the beginning it gets old and boring quickly. This is my own personal opinion. I like to get out of the house and I didn't really enjoy doing over the phone/ internet chat customer service after a few years of doing this. It's repetitive. You have to be ok with giving the same information over and over and over and over...... It honestly drove me insane and I had to stop. I like my home to be my retreat and I ended up hating being there because it meant work that I didn't really enjoy. Also, with some of the companies that may not have been open 24/7 but had an abundance of IBO (Independent Business Owners) serving it made it very difficult to get enough hours to even comply with your contract. Most clients require 15-20 hours serviced a week, including weekend hours and during my time contracted to a very popular client, getting hours was harder than the actual job itself. If you don't work the amount of hours in your contract, you will be terminated, even if the hours just weren't available for you to pick up. Sometimes it was easier to get my minimum hours but almost impossible to make enough hours to make ends meat. I ended up needing to get another job to supplement while I was with this particular client. Other clients that service customers 24/7 are much easier to work around. I serviced a 24/7 company and never had any problems with hours and made plenty of money and it was the easiest job in the world. So keep those things in mind.

Needs better technical support system, although it's not terrible. Hardly had any issues but when I did it was a huge hassle to get a hold of someone.

customer service representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Arise as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

flexible scheduling from morning until late evening

Cons

amount of work hours are not consistent, may lead to working less than part time.

Contractors should be given more of advance notices of policy changes.

arise

I worked at Arise

Pros

work from home and free time with family

Cons

compensation compensation please pay for training

pay for time served

They have great hours all the time

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Amory, MS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Amory, MS

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than a year

Pros

They gave good hours all the time

Cons

They have long hours all th time

Your guys are great

Good company

I worked at Arise part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling, make a nice wage while working from home. No commute times, paying for lunches, etc. No having to worry about all of the expenses that you would have working outside the home.

Cons

It is working from home so you don't have any interaction with anyone. Technically you don't have a manager. Some of the training is too long, and since you are not paid while in training, it can be challenging.

Have some incentives for contractors to complete training. Consider maybe bringing on more people that will provide guidance through the process.

Feels like being semi retired

Current Employee - IBO CSP  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - IBO CSP in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Arise full-time for less than a year

Pros

set your own hours and some incentives

Cons

Clients are by contract for a few months at a time. Hours vary by client need so sometimes can only get 10-15 hours a week so you need more than one client.
    Pay is by the half hour and seems below minimum wage depending on client

Worked for Arise? Contribute to the Community!