Aristocrat Technologies Reviews

Reset
2.8
Aristocrat Technologies CEO Jamie Odell
Jamie Odell

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with lots of fun (in 17 reviews)

• Good hours, Good pay, Great people to work with on your same level (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management (ELT) are highly dysfunctional with a lot of personal infighting (in 6 reviews)

• top management changes frequently; hire and fire; unprofessional culture (in 3 reviews)

1. Great Place

Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible with work/life balance. Benefits are good.

Cons

Not really as agile as they say

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

I find Aristocrat to be dynamic, team focused and innovation centric. I find the people here are very passionate about what they do.

Cons

This is a regulated industry which sometimes means approvals for games and cabinets can take some time.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff and making changes based on their insights. Maintain the focus of process excellence and innovation.

Architect

Current Employee - Architect in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Architect in Noida (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Aristocrat India recently recognised as one of the top 50 IT companies to work for in India. One of the top 5 emerging IT companies in India. This recognition is from Great Place to Work institute based on the survey they conduct with the employees along with their independent assessment.

Cons

Cultural of meritocracy; where high performers are recognised more than anyone else.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts and congratulations for the Great Place to Work award!

5. Don't Join Period.

Current Employee - Engineer II -Games Development in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Engineer II -Games Development in Noida (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. I have joined an year back from Telecommunication firm from Gurgaon(3 years work exp) and already I am better paid than most of my super seniors of 3-4 years working for 4 years from Aristocrat itself.I feel bad for them but personally I am happy being paid 3 times my work exp 2. Near to metro especially good for girls like me who do not have to drive far 3. Free subsidized lunch

Cons

1. No Job security 2. Very High attrition:60 percent of the company changed from last December. The only people who remain are incapable ones who have added no skills to their portfolio and are now finding it difficult to move on. 3. Zero skill enhancement 4.No stability 5. Favoritism and Partisan management 6. High dissatisfaction among st workforce 7. I find the work environment unsafe and derogatory(if you get what I mean) . this I cannot emphasis enough. the decent people have left the firm.

Advice to Management

1. Respect your employees. They are not fools. The games you play is evident on people. 2. Adopt a ball park benchmark. I am told that they have done an iternal assessment on salaries from Heweitt. so how come people with 4 years are earning more than 15 to 6 LPA. why this disparity. 3. Stop posting fake reviews on glassdoor and stop harassing employees to post them for you. 4. Change the upper management in studio 9 fast otherwise your company future is bleak.

6. Fun and Vibrant Place to Work

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative and fun industry to work in with great opportunities for development and exposure. Great employees that are passionate about what they do, which is refreshing and inspiring. Innovation and creativity is core to the company and it's nice to know that your opinions and ideas are valued.

Cons

The gaming industry is a tough one and it's highly regulated, so hard to share all the fun and cool things that the company does.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and giving them the room and exposure to innovate. Great things will continue to happen for the company.

Fun but dysfunctional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many coworkers were fun people and good to work with, but that depends which department you had to deal with. The people in Tech Services and in D&D are as much like a family as a company/department can be. IT Department tried hard.

Cons

There is so much finger pointing and bullying by Accounting and Sales, it has an uninvolved HR department, and a lot of people with the "It's not my job" attitude, it all really gets in the way of what could be accomplished with a corporate culture having the right mind set. Also, promotion is difficult, if not next to impossible, if you are not a Caucasian male from Australia...with New Zealand and S. Africa being the next runners up. Low on the pay scale.

Advice to Management

HR should stop ignoring the bad behavior, and the company overall would do better if it stopped blindly promoting only the glad handers and good old Aussie boys, or bringing in new management from outside. It's very disheartening to long time employees who are doing all the work, but get passed over again and again for promotions.

8. Great place to work!

Former Employee - Nevada in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Nevada in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

This is the best gaming company to work for in Las Vegas. They offer competitive salaries and I really like the location of the Amigo office. They offer good job security, which is something that Bally and IGT cannot say recently.

Cons

The company is pretty top heavy. There are more managers than workers in a lot of departments.

9. Beware

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Unique field, creatives mixed with maths

Cons

Narrow and repetitive tasks with little career steps in Aus

10. tester

Pros

good enviroment, good salary, good people

Cons

nothing really negative about the company

11. Top emerging IT company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of emphasis on having fun along with the work and business. Senior leadership in India looks committed to grow this organization into one of the top IT company in Delhi/NCR region. Good work life balance. Casino gaming domain is quite interesting and offers a lot of interesting challenges

Cons

cafeteria needs big improvement. Currently a lot of people bring food from home.

RSS Feed </> Embed