Arizona State CU

Updated May 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sam Wheeler

Great company to work for!

ProsManagement really pushes you to grow in both your job position and as an individual. Working here, you can definitely tell that the CU genuinely cares for its employees and also offers great benefits and pay. I am very happy to work for a company that I support and believe in!

ConsCorporate sales training was useful, but not necessarily tailored to the job position/ member demographic for each and every branch

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnological issues should be addressed and corrected ASAP

Overall solid employer if you are adaptable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, strong reputation, competitive products.

ConsChanges in senior management, very high expectations.

Great company to work for!

Teller (Current Employee)

ProsCompany really seems to care about employees. Through employee appreciation day, contests/giveaways and holiday extras they really seem to care which keeps morale high.

ConsTechnology is outdated and has glitches which can be frustrating at times. Also, unless you work near corporate there are not many opportunities for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate technology and keep caring about employees! We appreciate it!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best employers i've had the opportunity to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI worked at the headquarters and it was by far one of the best places I've worked for. There are a lot of employee "perks" that you don't get at other companies. The building is new and facilities are clean. There is a lot of room to learn/apply knowledge to improve processes. The President takes a personal interest in obtaining feedback through employee surveys which are done by an independent company and is anonymous. The HR department is one of the few that I've seen actually looking out for the best interest of the employee and not necessarily the company. HR makes it a point to "appreciate" the employee with Employee Appreciation Day as well as little things that make you feel appreciated.

ConsAs with most companies, there is a lot of work and the feel that there are not enough hands to complete the work. There are a lot of times when many hours are put in with projects that fall outside the scope of a "normal" business day.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork closely with HR to recruit/maintain top talent.

teller

Teller (Current Employee) Flagstaff, AZ

Prosgreat company to work for. very energetic and positive. Great employee benefits

Consnot very many down sides

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Great pay, benefits and team!

Campus Development Representative (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThey pay is great, especially for a college student. There are tons of incentives each month (i.e. gift cards, prizes) Everyone at the Credit Union takes pride in their position and providing the best member experience.

ConsThe mobile technology is a little behind. Other financial institutions have had mobile deposits for months before our members had it. Also, there is no option for receiving your receipts by email.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay current with technology trends in the financial field.

Great opportunity to start a career.

ProsArizona State Credit Union has a great human resources program to help keep individuals happy. Strong focus on customers and how to better serve them across the board.

ConsMoving up in management is a difficult thing to accomplish. Seems that you become stagnant quickly and have to wait your turn.

Campus Development Rep

Campus Development Representative (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe people are great and I felt that that the company truly appreciated my work. Reimbursement for mileage on training and covering other branches.

ConsFor our members, to be more technology savvy for better customer service

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is great. They are approachable and always wanting to know how to improve.

Fun place to work

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsArizona State has a good environment, with great people. It was a fun place to work. They have a flexable work schedule, ideal for college students.

ConsThe only down side of working at Arizona State Credit Union was that there is really no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management is to consider promoting from with in. Many of us former employees would have like the opportunity to compete with external applicants.

Lack of consitent leadership, no direction, and discrimination towards male employees

Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosnot all management possess the same deficiencies as the department I worked in. Was provided with catered food often and HR department was concerned with employee wellness.

ConsPromotions are given without justification. Small segregated cliquish teams. Lack of openmindedness towards diversity. Open communication is not fostered and communication from management is not aimed at any type of professional development.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to take a proactive approach when there are problems with motivation and morale. Manager needs to act like a leader instead of a regular employee that has a title.

Worked for Arizona State CU? Contribute to the Community!