Arkadin Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014
2.8

Olivier de Puymorin

The teams you work with are great.

I have been working at Arkadin

Pros

Arkadin is always reinvesting in their own technology and are focused solely on conferencing and collaboration. Great at partnering to offer other products as well.

Cons

Multiple back end systems create a lot of work to get things investigated and resolved for customer queries.

Not a good career path

I worked at Arkadin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent benefits, Average pay, co-workers, Company paid happy hour every month

Cons

Meat grinder mentality, might as well be a telemarketer, talks about long term vision, but reality is they have a short term, month-to-month focus.

Local management encourages practice of poaching accounts - they state that once you start developing an account it's yours. However if a local manager decides to slightly rename the target company, multiple people end up calling on the same account creating confusion on the part of the prospective customer and anger on the part of employees!

They don't care if you backstab a co-worker or lie to a prospect as long as they get the revenue!

Not a whole lot of growth potential

Start walking the walk instead of just talking the talk! Decide whether you want to be s software sales company or a telemarketing company. Quit misleading the marketplace about your actual tenure in the SaaS space - just using tenure of acquired company as if it was yours! Fits into Arkadin culture of misleading and lying to employees.

Huge Disappointment!!!

Current Employee - Former Employee  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Former Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Arkadin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the co-workers are nice / adequate pay & benefits

Cons

The management team lacked any management skills and were very unprofessional to say the least. Shame on you for being so inept at your job and causing others to suffer as a result...Have some decency and just step down!!!!!!!!!!!

As a new employee, I came in with literally no direction or any training plan what so ever. On my first day, I was only shown where you sit and where to get office supplies by one of my co-workers and then for the rest of the day I didn't have a clue what to do. For the next several weeks is wasn't much better. The co-workers basically took it upon themselves to try to keep me busy with assistant type duties because no one had time to train me for the job I was hired.

When management got around to focusing on my training, the training jumped so rapidly from one direction to another, never allowing for much hands on of anything. The training was so unstructured and provided by such poor methods, I left each day exhausted and unsure if I had even learned anything.
    And if this wasn't bad enough, the department was grossly understaffed and management made no attempts to rectify the situation. Instead, the few employees on hand were expected/had to work excessive amounts of overtime to even remotely keep up with the volume of work.

Sadly, one of the company officials occupied an office overlooking the department, but never seemed to take notice of how stressed or how many hours the staff was enduring. What the hell! If there was any respect for people, the "managers" should have been held accountable for fixing the broken situation.

I would not recommend this company to anyone who needs a life outside of work and I regret wasting my time trying so hard to make things work for as long as I did. On top of everything else their wasn't the slightest amount of appreciation for your efforts.

Acquire management and leadership training!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to work with!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Arkadin full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the Job and am Challenged, Once a month Happy Hour

Cons

Salary is way lower than I expected

They like to higher within but at a % of increase from starting salary

A perfect fit for someone who wants to grow professionally.

I worked at Arkadin

Pros

The number one reason to work here is for the people; never worked with a better set of coworkers. Also, the pay is fantastic if you work hard every year, and the philosophy of the company is great.

Cons

If you have a growing family, it's difficult to travel or work long hours (but that's with any company I suppose).

If you know you have an employee who has the experience and drive, and you know they can do it, give them the position advancement they've been striving for, instead of just giving them a silly new title and not even a pay bump.

Great people, poor leadership

Former Employee - Network Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Network Operations Manager

I worked at Arkadin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Arkadin has a great group of people and the employees are generally very friendly and enthusiastic about their work. They are working on some interesting products and it feels more like you are working in a family than in a company.

Cons

Leadership is lacking in some areas. Some leaders incorrectly think that criticism and condescending language will motivate people to do a better job. Longer term goals are sometimes sacrificed at the expense of daily emergencies. Management does not know how to say "no" to the product and sales groups so engineers are often given unrealistic deadlines and conflicting priorities. There is also not enough investment in automation to reduce the manual workload.

Accept the fact that you can't always do everything you want when you want it. Learn to focus on completing key projects by allowing engineers to focus on those projects. Some projects simply need to wait sometimes or you need to invest in automation or additional staff if you want to complete a large number of projects in a short period of time.

Upper management driving this company into the ground

I worked at Arkadin

Pros

Easy going atmosphere, great people.

Cons

Low pay, little to no product support (which leads to increasing customer turnover), zero accountability in upper management. Glass ceilings in every dept.

One of the core values is 'happy employees make happy customers'. This is absolutely true, and a huge reason clients are fleeing in droves.

Take a closer look at your global decision making process. Just because a process works in Asia doesn't mean it will work in Europe or North America.

Also provide some training and tools to your operational and sales based employees (specifically management). It's embarrassing to say we can provide a solution to a client when mid level and front line knows we can't. Lastly, don't make your employees constantly lie to your clients about the feasibility of your solutions. It's unethical.

fedex

Current Employee - Loader  in  Carol Stream, IL
    Current Employee - Loader in Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Arkadin part-time for less than a year

Pros

pay was better than most places for loading

Cons

hours and people working are not friendly or open to being friendly

nothing be more reliable and personal able we are all humans

Great people to work with but not enough of us

I have been working at Arkadin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay.

Cons

Workload is heavy and teams do not work together to improve. No training program and high turnover.

Structure a training program for all new employees. Develop processes and enforce teamwork accross all offices and departments. Adapt to changing with the needs of the industry and workforce. Build multiple committees at different title levels/combinations who review daily/common obstacles for thier departments. Measure and execute solutions to remove obstacles.

More rewarding if you're on the sales team.

I worked at Arkadin

Pros

Easy-going environment in a fast-growing company. There are quite a few very good people there.

Cons

Too many structural changes while I was there so it seemed volatile. The pay was low.

Reward other departments aside from the sales team from time to time.

Worked for Arkadin? Contribute to the Community!