Arkadin

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Olivier de Puymorin

The teams you work with are great.

ProsArkadin is always reinvesting in their own technology and are focused solely on conferencing and collaboration. Great at partnering to offer other products as well.

ConsMultiple back end systems create a lot of work to get things investigated and resolved for customer queries.

Great people to work with!

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsI love the Job and am Challenged, Once a month Happy Hour

ConsSalary is way lower than I expected

Advice to Senior ManagementThey like to higher within but at a % of increase from starting salary

A perfect fit for someone who wants to grow professionally.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe number one reason to work here is for the people; never worked with a better set of coworkers. Also, the pay is fantastic if you work hard every year, and the philosophy of the company is great.

ConsIf you have a growing family, it's difficult to travel or work long hours (but that's with any company I suppose).

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you know you have an employee who has the experience and drive, and you know they can do it, give them the position advancement they've been striving for, instead of just giving them a silly new title and not even a pay bump.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, poor leadership

Network Operations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsArkadin has a great group of people and the employees are generally very friendly and enthusiastic about their work. They are working on some interesting products and it feels more like you are working in a family than in a company.

ConsLeadership is lacking in some areas. Some leaders incorrectly think that criticism and condescending language will motivate people to do a better job. Longer term goals are sometimes sacrificed at the expense of daily emergencies. Management does not know how to say "no" to the product and sales groups so engineers are often given unrealistic deadlines and conflicting priorities. There is also not enough investment in automation to reduce the manual workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccept the fact that you can't always do everything you want when you want it. Learn to focus on completing key projects by allowing engineers to focus on those projects. Some projects simply need to wait sometimes or you need to invest in automation or additional staff if you want to complete a large number of projects in a short period of time.

Upper management driving this company into the ground

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy going atmosphere, great people.

ConsLow pay, little to no product support (which leads to increasing customer turnover), zero accountability in upper management. Glass ceilings in every dept.

One of the core values is 'happy employees make happy customers'. This is absolutely true, and a huge reason clients are fleeing in droves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at your global decision making process. Just because a process works in Asia doesn't mean it will work in Europe or North America.

Also provide some training and tools to your operational and sales based employees (specifically management). It's embarrassing to say we can provide a solution to a client when mid level and front line knows we can't. Lastly, don't make your employees constantly lie to your clients about the feasibility of your solutions. It's unethical.

fedex

Loader (Current Employee) Carol Stream, IL

Prospay was better than most places for loading

Conshours and people working are not friendly or open to being friendly

Advice to Senior Managementnothing be more reliable and personal able we are all humans

Great people to work with but not enough of us

ProsGood benefits and decent pay.

ConsWorkload is heavy and teams do not work together to improve. No training program and high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure a training program for all new employees. Develop processes and enforce teamwork accross all offices and departments. Adapt to changing with the needs of the industry and workforce. Build multiple committees at different title levels/combinations who review daily/common obstacles for thier departments. Measure and execute solutions to remove obstacles.

More rewarding if you're on the sales team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy-going environment in a fast-growing company. There are quite a few very good people there.

ConsToo many structural changes while I was there so it seemed volatile. The pay was low.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward other departments aside from the sales team from time to time.

great culture, great people, great company

Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFantastic culture and great people in an always evolving industry with a lot of growth and potential

Conslegacy back office systems can sometimes slow things down a bit but new IS coming in early 2014!

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to invest in your most important asset... your people!

Hard to be in sales if you keep losing clients

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGlobal company, strong in Europe
    Lots of different tools & services to sell
    Very aggressive sales led model

ConsOperations is a mess, while heavy emphasis on bringing in new clients, there is so little attention to keeping them.
    Constant flux of employees on both sides of the house keep issues in flux for extended periods of time
    It's hard to be in sales if you keep losing clients do to service issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter balance of sales/operations, keep the clients you have.

Worked for Arkadin? Contribute to the Community!