Arkansas State University

Dr. Tim Hudson

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

University

Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsGood place to study. Very peaceful and quite environment. Everyone is friendly in jonesboro and it makes the place a good place to stay.

ConsSome of the challenges I faced is the transportation system here. there are no buses and sometimes it makes it difficult to go somewhere if you are in international student. The school provides transport on limited days though.

My experience with ASU was good

Academic Tutor (Former Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsEasy professors, cheap, everything is located close by

ConsNot very friendly international office service (for international students), very slow in processing

Graduate Assistant

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsWork-life balance is OK, in general advisors are good, encouraging, and most people are pleasant to work with.

ConsNo benefits, wages are relatively low, more leadership is needed, slow-paced environment, bureaucracy is overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe University needs to be more dynamic, more leaders are needed to move this big University. The University produces good professionals that could be retained to build a stronger institution in terms or administration and academically.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's great

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsNice environment, not much stress

ConsNo complain every is great here

Lots of potential, mediorcre management

Administrative Staff (Current Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsA higher ed institution in the Delta with great potential to advance
    Many bright, devoted faculty from across the US
    Laid-back environment, personable and friendly

ConsAcademics in management/administration who are the people they can get to take the job for the lowest salary, with NO regard for their management skills or (lack) of vision.
    Little room for professional advancement.
    Many "seat warmer" employees who perform little and still get paid while high performers are often overlooked
    Current chancellor is very isolated; disconnected from faculty and staff (even deans) of all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide to invest in your staff members and their professional development. Lose the low performers. You'll get much more for your money in the long-run.

Worked for Arkansas State University? Contribute to the Community!