Arla Foods

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peder Tuborgh

Good company to work for

ProsA variety of different shift patterns to choose from. A reputable company that pay a decent wage and a secure career.

ConsCold environment working in a refrigerated warehouse although the company provide very good work wear.

I was disappointed with the low or non existent rate at which hiring of temps for permanent employment took place.

Forklift Operator (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsA stable company company, supplying good food choices not uncommonly offering weeks with more than 40 hours of work.

ConsPolitics sometimes given preference over good workmanship.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to reach out to those who struggle with the seemingly endless circle and no way out or in from temporary employment to permanent employment.

I am an accountatn in Settlement team being responsible for the UK market.

Accountatnt (Current Employee)
    Gdańsk (Poland)

ProsIt will give you a great opportunity to get experience and travel abroad. Also it is a huge chance to boost your knowledger in accounting and language skills. Moreover, time of work is flexible so you may come to the office when you feel is most comfortable for you.

ConsSometimes you are overloaded with work and the back up chain is not working properly so you need to deal with some issues on your own. Moreover, the service centre has sometimes no support from the business which diminish the quality of our work, especially in the consumers' eyes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to understand the processed performed by SCC better and deeper.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No professional growth opportunity; declining sales

ProsGood work/life balance; salary normally higher than industry average

ConsNot a lean organization at all. Too many middle managers and lack of mentorship from senior management ensures no growth for others

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage your employees capabilities..you have many versatile employees

Great place to work

Director (Current Employee)
    Aarhus (Denmark)

ProsHigh paced, interesting challenges, a company that's growing

ConsHigh pace leads to a pressure on each individual assignment

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the good work!

Disorganized, dysfuntional, disturbing

(Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCan't think of many...other than a few great ppl who work(ed) there...quite the revolving door outside of the old school base of employees who have been around for 10-15-25 years.
    Compensation was competitive to market standards, but benefits and salary were a little sub par.
    Only other benefit was being abel to learn exactly what someone would NOT want in a work environment, boss, leadership in order to ask all the right questions when interview for future roles

ConsComplete lack of good/positive leadership - Canadian president has been in place for about 20 years and seems to be waiting out his time for retirement, with no interest in leading or affecting change. His bosses are in Denmark and with Canada being a small market, he seems to be able to fly under the radar for the most part and not have to be accountable for much. As such, upper management changes priorities on a weekly basis depending on whatever fire comes up, there is no good cross-functional cohesion (even though they have cross-functional leadership meetings in place), no structure for change or personal growth and not a very positive outlook for thre business as a whole. Walking into the office on a daily basis requires you be aware that you will hear cross-dept managers yell at each other in the hallways, you will liklely have to defend your course of actions to other depts on a regular basis, and may have to keep paper trails i order to defend against your boss throwing you under a bus.
    In 2011 I witnessed a minimum of person resign a month and many more interviewing - this in an office of about 75.
    Advice - run, don't even give this company a second look. You will have much better personal and professional happiness away from Arla

Advice to Senior ManagementThe list would be too long to provide - but start with new leadership.

Good career opportunities for well educated persons

ProsA growing company were new opportunities will arise over time. Good opportunities to move your career in different directions.

ConsPeople are protective of their areas and many people have been on their positions for a very long time.

Learned how to better structure my work

Store Man (Current Employee)
    Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsLearned to better structure my work, and contribute to my learning experience. I have now improved my communication skills. Appreciate hard work and increase discipline. Don't take things for granted

ConsThere is no sense of sharing, I mean it feels like you cannot affect the decisions taken by the managers. There is also to much hierarchy which is rather unusual in Sweden. Workers should be encouraged when working well, I didn't personally experience this. Some were treated better than others in this case.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the blue collar workers

A great Company

Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

ProsA great place to work......One of the biggest Dairy Company in the world...
    There is a great commitment to achieve the vision..
    Equal Status to all, Respect, job security, all in place....

ConsA joint venture with a local Co. disrupts the growth of the employees.
    Denmark has not taken UAE seriously as this is a small market...

Advice to Senior ManagementArla UAE should work independently...

Great people place

Director (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic people. Great category to work in. Farmer owned cooperative. Great pace of growth. Willing to take a longterm view while also focused on short-term delivery

ConsBureaucratic and slow. We can be so much better. Mixed bag of senior management. Some very good. Some need to be changed

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate clear governance and career growth plans

Worked for Arla Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arla Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arla Foods CEO Peder Tuborgh. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Arla Foods employees.