Armani Exchange

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014

Armani Exchange President Harlan Bratcher
Harlan Bratcher

Pros
  • The discounts and free clothes were very good (in 12 reviews)

• Free clothes, and significant discount on everything else (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Associates and Managers steal your sales (in 7 reviews)

• Sometimes you are stuck with all closing shifts and that works against your sales goals (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Associate - Outlet

I have been working at Armani Exchange

Pros

Deal with customers all day and have the flexability to sell if you are good at your position

Cons

Long hours cleaning/folding clothes. Typical for a position of this type

Great Job

Good Temp job, especially around Christmas/Holidays

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Armani Exchange part-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome employee discount (1 free item a month, 5 items at 75% off and the rest 50% off) You do make some commission but its hard to make at times and its not very much to be motivational.

Cons

Some of the people are lazy and very often you need to pick up the lazy people's slack. Also, closing time is a pain, the store needs to be completely perfect before you leave. It sometimes took 2-3 hours after closing to leave.

Be mindful of lazy employee's, don't just let them get away with it, cause everyone else needs to pick up their slack (especially at closing time)

TIring

I worked at Armani Exchange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great discount, energetic environment, can be fun, pay is great

Cons

Long hours, overnights every month, high personal sales expectations that we were actually written up if we didn't meet.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Ambassador

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Armani Exchange part-time for less than a year

Pros

This is my second retail job so I knew what I was getting into when I accepted the job. The discount is good compared to other retail stores and it's a fun workplace when you have a great staff. Im only part time but I actually get more than 20 hours a week which is a plus. The clothing is trendy and of good quality.

Cons

Working retail means you probably won't have any weekends to yourself anymore and working holidays is pretty much a guarantee. Also staying on top of your sales per hour can sometimes be stressful since you are competing with other associates.

Sales Goals

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Armani Exchange part-time for more than a year

Pros

Receiving great discounts on clothing and free uniform

Cons

Sales goals were intense and they weren't for commission - they determined if you had hours the following week

Focus more on managing the store than increasing your sales

Too Jersey shore even for Jersey

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Armani Exchange part-time for less than a year

Pros

I only worked in the Paramus mall for the summer before I went back to University. Discounts if you like the clothing. Some managers really cared about the store and their employees.

Cons

Some of management are on a power trip, one manager literally screamed at me on the top of my lungs that I was stupid and incompetent in front of a customer. Want to know why? I was waiting for a customer on the phone purchasing an item. When I told the manager he should not speak to his fellow employees that way, he screamed at me to "get the hell out." ( I did receive an apology from another manager the next day but never from him)

Because the schedule is based on sales, some employees "steal" sales from other coworkers. Therefore if you make a sale you need to walk them up to the register and check them out yourself. This is difficult if it gets busy. I think this just makes for an uncomfortable and unprofessional atmosphere. Furthermore there is sexual harassment that is tolerated as joking. I once had a coworker say to me (in earshot of a manager) that if he didn't have a girl friend he would "destroy" me. EW.

Treat your employees with respect. Live and breath the Armani Exchange brand. Step up.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Armani Exchange for more than 3 years

Pros

Subjective: Becoming cultured, working with and assisting a diverse background of international customers. You need to be well rounded and want to meet and work with a diverse range of people. Becoming cultured, well rounded > pay / hours. If you are part time, it's a job for gas money and going out to eat etc. NOT a job to support yourself. High School / College Job

Cons

This is a retail business that makes its products internationally (i.e. Vietnam, India, China, Mexico etc.) selling their merchandise at ridiculous prices, making a gargantuan profit. Paying its work force, pesky minimum hourly wages, with very few hours depending on the business cycle. During the seasonal holidays, they hire more than necessary workers, and many times those workers, will only work about 5 -10 hours the entire season they were employed. I was employed there 3+ years to see the good and bad. Lack of corporate morals, profits go strait to the top percent, exploitation of its workforce = capitalist pigs.

I felt more knowledgeable (how to incentivize, motivate, goal-setting, efficiency) than 8 out of 12 managers/assist' managers I worked with. It was frustrating at times to take orders from someone who didn't really know what they were doing, or how to motivate its workforce. Nonetheless, you have managers that are really great people, and some that are complete idiots.

Hourly Sales Per Hour Goals - If You Enjoy Selling

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Armani Exchange part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hourly SPH goal of $125 - depending on location. Very easy to sell and meet that goal, everything is expensive there. Free monthly outfit. Nice managers. Easy to get on top of sales if you try hard.

Cons

Must make SPH consistently. Can't slack in your selling. Continually sell and fold clothes customers mess up. Have to work weekends usually and/or evenings, or when business is busy. You can be on-call.

THE MOST UNORGANIZED RETAIL SITUATION...

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Central Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Central Valley, NY

I worked at Armani Exchange part-time for less than a year

Pros

The 50% discount was very generous but now they've changed it to 30. 75% discount on five pieces a month, although I think that maybe changing too. Very nice trendy clothes. "CHANGES ARE DUE TO NEW MANAGEMENT NOW". Also if you love sales you're pushed to be the beast of a salesman.

Cons

Loooooooong, I mean long closing shifts, unreliable co-workers; always calling or doing no call no show, frustrated employees because they're not treated nicely and lets face it, tourists are the most rude so that makes for even more frustration. I should note that my review is specific to the location I worked at, it might be different for better or for worse at other locations.

TREAT YOUR STAFF FAIRLY AND WELL AND IN RETURN THEY WILL UPHOLD THE MORALE OF THE STORE!

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Armani Exchange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Before AX got bought out, it was an amazing company to work for. They provided great discounts and health insurance.

Cons

After AX was bought out, the new owner fired all of the VPs , CEO, CFO and corporate staff. They brought in their own teams and the dynamic of the company changed. It was only a matter of time before this effect trickled down to the store level. Our current district manager was not qualified for the position. Her background at Forever 21 was not able to translate to the AX culture. Needless to say she she has an extremely high turnover rate and can not keep her management teams. She does not take the time to properly train her staff because she has no clue of what is going on.

Please make sure you all are knowledgable of who you are hiring. Instead of going and replacing everyone, how about recognize the talent that is present. Treating your staff like they are disposable at any moment not only brings down moral but is also frowned upon.

Worked for Armani Exchange? Contribute to the Community!