Armor Correctional Health Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bruce Teal

Overall good experience.

ProsThe salary is good as well as the coworkers. The schedule we work is good for families.

ConsBenefits are terrible. Upper management.

"Unethical/ Unprofessional"

RN Management (Former Employee)
    Nassau, NY

ProsArmor's salary is not bad. The benefit package is ok. The correction officers are very helpful and pleasant to work with.

ConsUpper Management is the worst they are very dishonest and disrespectful to staff members. Upper management is the most unethical and unprofessional management I have ever seen in all of my years of nursing. They tell you they will give you one week training then after one day they leave you on your own. The Don has no clue what is going on. The turn over rate for this facility is the worst in the country. That alone should tell you there is a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange upper management or Armor will lose Nassau facility contract and keep losing employees.

Terrible management.

ProsThe co's were nice and helpful.

ConsUpper management could care less. Good job came fRom cos and the inmates.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. Treat the Lpns with as much respect as the rns.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enlightening

Director of Nursing (Former Employee)
    Pompano Beach, FL

ProsDiversified expertise in one building.

ConsPoor upper management. Disrespectful. Poor training

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand different nurses strengths and weaknesses and assist and allow them to grow without ridicule or demeaning them.

Caring and generous

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Ocala, FL

ProsEasy to reach HR, friendly.

ConsNo real complaints, they are aware of the needs of the inmates, and staff accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome back to FL... Corizon has it ALL screwed up!

Mismanaged disaster

Nurse (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsKnowing Armor's time is running out.

ConsWorst place I have ever worked. Ever. Staffing is a joke. Plan to average running THREE nurses short every day. Overall sub par care. Lost medical records. Management plays blame games. Unprofessional nurses fighting each other - weaves flying. Awful place. The prisoners are the best part. (Quite pleasant actually)

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope you lose your contract. The media was right to expose you.

Good company to work for.

Director of Nursing (Current Employee)

ProsCEO and other corporate members are hands on. They visit the sites often and are always quick to hear suggestions and offer a "Thank you for all you do". Very friendly and easy to speak to.

ConsNothing preventable but because of the ecomomy and lost contracts raises aren't as plentiful. I do feel that they are trying hard to fix this. Newletters and e mail are full of updated information, accomplishments and future outlook for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Get more contracts so that we can get higher raises.

Professional and talented upper management

ProsGood benefits and pay schedules

ConsSome sites have poor middle management

Advice to Senior ManagementMore on the hands involvement on the day to day operations of sites, especially remote ones.

Good experience...but

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThe best experience working for Armor was working with the other nurses because we had great cohesion. We would need to cover someone else during our shift and the need would arise to cover the following shift but as a team we managed without bickering

ConsToo many shift covers especially on the weekends and sometimes they need nurses to cover two consecutive shifts. Also, the orientation period is about two days then you are on your own.

Nice Place to Work - Teamwork Environment

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsCompared to other correctional health care companies, Armor provides a good starting salary and benefits package.

ConsCorrectional healthcare is not for all. You must have a passion for it because the environment is conducive to stress. Due to the amount of patients received and their increased acuity levels this can cause for a higher volume workload. You must be organized.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make yourself available to your staff. Keep your open door policy in order to continue to promote a healthy work environment.

Worked for Armor Correctional Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Armor Correctional Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Armor Correctional Health Services CEO Bruce Teal. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Armor Correctional Health Services employees.