Arnel Management

Updated Feb 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Mensinger

Okay apartments, unstable company to work for.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Orange, CA

I worked at Arnel Management full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you were a manager, you would get free rent. If you were an assistant manager, rent was half off.

If you rented a lot and bugged prospective residents enough, you could con them into renting at your property...hence, make a lot in commission.

ConsThis is a shady company. Apartments that were the showcase/model apartments sometimes did not look like the actual apartment the resident was going to move into. The appliances would be from that of the 70s.

Working for a company that I didn't truly believe in was hard to sell to prospective residents. Plus, if you didn't meet your rental quotas for a few weeks, you'd be moved to a different property. It was hard knowing you couldn't settle in at the property you were working at.

"Marketing" consisted of spamming craigslists and pitchforking ads/signs on private properties like at malls and grocery store lots. I one time had to run away from mall security.

Supervisor's are under trained and expect high sales numbers with pay that you earned in high school. Crap apartments!

Resident Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arnel Management full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking at one of the nicest properties. That being said roaches and rats infestation.

ConsRoaches and Rats. Supervisor's micro manage, affecting the team in a very negative way. Over priced old apartments. Gross black mold popping up in 30% of my residents bathrooms. Far from Luxury! They make you work at least 10 hours of overtime every week without paying me. Go marketing on your own dime, they make it so hard to file for reimbursement that I don't even bother. They monitor you on video just for laughs at corporate office. Not professional at all. The only reason I am still here is because of my daughter, just put her in school up the street. Try explaining to another Resident why they got charged so much for old carpet stains and paint after living here for years and fed up so they move out and take not getting their money back. So sick of Residents getting promised luxury and instead they get 1970's old apartments!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better supervisor's that know what they are doing! They hinder not promote your properties. Try for once giving our Residents back their deposits after they move out! Never happens and we all are trained to doctor up all of our soda's so they never get any money back even when they have been stellar Residents! Upper Management is just focused on getting my Residents money, not making them happy, as they so pay for.

Properties are run down and overpriced

I worked at Arnel Management full-time

Pros* Training is good
*good to gain experience

ConsMove to different properties numerous times

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the ideal place to call a career

I worked at Arnel Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou learn the basics of property management, sort of like a boot camp or property management for dummies. You also get offered a free 2+2 but it can be taken away at any time.

ConsYou gain a demotion as quick as a promotion. Upper Management "applies" pressure and use other tactics to get you to lease apartments. Unfortunately, this company is a revolving door and there is a lack of trust in this organization. They will also move you from location to location, living in boxes for most of your Arnel career. Arnel is not an equal opportunity employer. They don't hire based on qualifications. If numbers are not met, then you can be demoted. It is very sales based with low low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some managing advice from Apple or Starbucks. They look at the customer experience and work their way to striving excellence from their stand point. They educate and take care of their employees. Happy employees equals more revenue.

Stressful environment, poor upper management and difficult owner

I worked at Arnel Management full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy to get promotions if you rent apartments. Customer service and management skills take the back seat the renting apartments-this is really all they care about. Property employees are typically nice and easy to get along with.

ConsManagement places stress on all office employees to lease apartments that are not competitive with other apartments communities in the region. It is very difficult to keep occupancy numbers up when existing residents are not management's priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementArnel should think of itself as a customer service company, not a sales company. Occupancy would come naturally if residents weren't so unhappy by in large. Lack of customer service focus is why Arnel is struggling.

Get ready to be trasnfer from properties to properties!!

Property Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Arnel Management full-time for more than a year

ProsMicro management! Nothing to do as manager but move in move out work order paper work and assist leasing agents!!

ConsSo little pay to do so much, transfer within 19 properties, only to survive in company is to lease not your skill or experiance!! It is about who you know, not about what you do or know. No matter how many years of experiance you have it will not count in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop transfering people!! We are not chess pieces!! think about employee's family!!!

Decent, not Legendary, as a place to work.

Business Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arnel Management

Prosto get a free apartment in orange county, which is a great benefit. If you can obtain it, go for it, but you are going to be held to an unrealistic standard unless things have changed since 2008. You may be expected to rent an apartment for $1,500 that was built in 1975 when there is one that was built in 2003 with great amenities down the street for CHEAPER.

Consownership is out of touch with the orange county rental market leading to unrealistic expectations oif the sales force.

Advice to Senior Managementdont try to charge similar prices as an Irvine Company quality apartment, yours are not that nice.

Great place to get your feet wet in the property management industry, but not a place for longevity..

Arnel Resident Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arnel Management

ProsAs a Resident Manager you get a 2+2 for free, Business Manager you get a 2+1 for free, and other discounts available for other positions with the company.

ConsYou do not get a annual performance review and salary increase for managers. Resident Managers do not have control of their own budget. Get ready to move frequently within one of the 19 Arnel properties. Corporate policies change frequently and weekly.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize your management at the respective properties and give managers control of their own budget to be able to offer their own incentives. Reward managers for their performance with bonuses or a pay increase to keep them competitive to the rest of the industry.

Low pay and be prepared to work at several properties.

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arnel Management

ProsIf you do well at your job, you can get promoted within a couple months.

ConsArnel pays less then most residential property management companies and it is harder to get promoted beyond resident manager unless you have a connection at the corporate office. Also, they really focus on sales and numbers and it makes the job more stressful than it needs to be. It is not uncommon for the company to move you around to multiple properties in a short period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepending on which property you work at and who your co-workers are, work can be fun, but it can also not be.

Worked for Arnel Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arnel Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arnel Management CEO Steve Mensinger. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Arnel Management employees.