Arnold Transportation Reviews

Todd Smith

1. company in flux

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Home time is ok during winter

Cons

Out on road too long

Advice to Management

Do nothing to help at all

2. A company confused...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of good people who try hard & do their best & want to see the company succeed.

Cons

Partially owned (approximately 50%) by a capital investment group. When business hits a downturn, rather than waiting it out or changing strategies, they start chopping heads. Arnold Transportation is also in the USXpress family of companies, so USX still pulls some financial strings. The result is that Arnold Transportation is a marionette toy to a small group of suits rather than its own independent entity. Also, "benefits" SUCK - costly premiums, with expensive co-pays only after meeting a deductible. No 401(k) match.

3. lookout for Arnold Transportation

I worked at Arnold Transportation

Pros

Communication is one of the top. Even though it's not always truthful or easy they do try and communicate with you

Cons

They are not always truthful when it comes to your hometime and getting you home when you need to be.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to drivers on pay package. Take better care of your equipment, and more respect should be given to the drives.

5. Disfunctional

Current Employee - Driver in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Arnold Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The insurance isn't too expensive. Their trucks are brand new. The driver facilities in GP are pretty good.

Cons

All the typical big company problems. The key to the whole thing is lack of communication. Planners don't actually plan anything. They just respond when your fleet manager tells them you need a load. So the only way you get good miles is if your fleet manager is on top of things, and from what I've experienced, most of them are young college grads without a conceptual understanding of actual day to day trucking operations. The other major problem is that no one wants to take responsibility for anything. I would often get met with "let me transfer you". No one seems to work together on the dispatch side and it causes chaos. I think these people forget that the slacking and shortcuts actually affects real people's paychecks.

Advice to Management

Encourage more cooperation in the dispatch department, no one knows what anyone else is doing most of the time and drivers pay for it. Do away with the ridiculous hour based time off system. 4pm Friday to 4pm Sunday is NOT 2 days off. Don't believe me, try hiring office staff that have to come back to work at 5pm on Sunday and see how many of them stay. Stop making the only qualification for driver manager a college degree. Or if you do just want a degree, step up your training program. There is no reason why someone with 2 weeks experience at 1 trucking company should not be given their own board. Their lack of knowledge affects real people's paychecks. Your drivers shouldn't have to pay because you don't want to hire correctly, or train accordingly.

6. Promises And Broken Pockets

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Muskogee, OK
    Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Muskogee, OK

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have new trucks to also suck you in ...

Cons

They get you to sign on with them by saying you will earn $ 1300.00 A week And later tell you that they are working on getting you more miles ...... It never happens , At best I made A $ 600 check....

Advice to Management

Just tell the truth from the start ...

7. Stay away from this company, you will regret it. They may offer you nice salary, but they will lie to you.

Former Employee - Professional in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Professional in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none except for the money they offer to get you in the door. Once you are there, prepare to a slave worker. Doesn't matter what position you hold, unless you are Senior Management.

Cons

This company failed to report income to Texas Workforce Commission for more than one former employee as I learned. They micro manage you. You will work in a sweat shop mentality and expectation. There is no work/life balance. Expect to be mistreated. If you do work there, document everything in writing - save your emails and instant message chats externally.

Advice to Management

Get new management..Learnt to treat your employees with respect, dignity, and appreciation for what they do.

8. NO PROS JUST CONS

Former Employee - Class A Driver in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Class A Driver in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation (More than 5 years)

Pros

None ------- some of the people are nice, all are under stress ? ? ?

Cons

All cons ------- i've seen some drivers treaded like little kids

Advice to Management

I've seen many come and go, try to keep the good ones and DON'T Lie to them .

9. Professional

I worked at Arnold Transportation

Pros

There were no Pros during my tenure.

Cons

Sweat shop that expects you to work 24x7 poor management and management lies to you professionals are not granted time off when requested no belief in work/life balance Arnold doesn't report wages to State as required Paid late when laid off and short pai Co believes in driver, however, they mistreat drivers when it comes to equipment, route management, and time off requests.

Advice to Management

NONE that would be listened to, already tried during employment.

10. Arnold's equipment turned me into a caged animal.

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Arnold Transportation

Pros

The best I found while driving for Arnold was the shower rooms at ATL terminal.

Cons

Those baby Peterbilts suck! No personal room or storage for gear. Bed/cot is width-size of park bench. After spending drive shift in a constricted posture, unable to strectch out during sleep. Must unpack bunk to cockpit area when off duty and then move evrything back to sleeper at drive time. Consequently spend more time searching for items as no place to put anything and nothing is ever in its place. Cockpit contains one cupholder and one ashtray...where to put phone, waterbottle(if coffee still in cup), a pen, gum??? Dashboard too narrow to hold standard sized mapbook. The worst...no place to set down food while eating. Holding a sytrofoam container in hand while trying to use plasticware utensils as you sit crosslegged on bunk (just like eating on the ground at a campfire every day). There's not one flat surface in the unit to use as workspace/desktop. No window or wall vents in sleeper area...living in a coffin 14-16 days at a time/solitary confinement. I went to bed angry and woke up angry every day for seven months...really created a psychological rift for me...still bitter and can't shake the feeling of daily torture I underwent driving for Arnold. Arnold was an assualt on my dignity. I should start paperwork for PTSD disability claim.

11. poor management

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

fellow employees were good to work with

Cons

poor management, brought baggage from failed company to Arnold bringing it down too

RSS Feed </> Embed