Arnold Transportation

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Todd Smith

This job has worked perfectly to allow me to work and still go to school full-time.

Breakdown Advisor (Current Employee)
    Grand Prairie, TX

ProsYou get to work with various different companies, numerous different people with various cultures and backgrounds, and communicate with truck drivers. This company does very well accommodating my school schedule that has allowed me to work full-time to support my family while still going to school full-time to graduate as soon as possible.

ConsThe company is open 24/7 so sometimes the graveyard shift can be hard if a person isn't used to that kind of sleeping schedule. Since the company mostly deals with truck drivers who are hauling loads all over the United States, some of them get very frustrated with their trucks break down and interrupts their schedules and communication with them can be difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been very understanding and wonderful with my school schedule.

Poor Decision making is Driving us down Fast

Jacksonville, FL

ProsThey are buying new equipment for the drivers and trying to get some dedicated runs set up for the drivers but the Office environmnet is a little stressed at the moment

ConsGood company in the past but recently with the changes we have gone through not so much so any more. For the last 6 months have seen many employees that been with the company in management positions for almost 20 years leaving and the bleeding hasn't stopped yet.. The pay is not where it should be for office employees and there is way too much micromanagement going on. Jacksonville has always been considered the corporate office of the company and since buying out Link America everything has since shifted to Grand Prairie as far as the Upper level management and we feel somewhat left out of the loop here in Jacksonville and are really beginning to wonder if we should be worrying about whether or not the will be a job here tomorrow or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the micro managing and get the people into the office we need to reduce the workload on each individual in the office or increase the pay. Hire annalist to handle the reports that you need so that the information you are asking for isnt skewed by having 30 people trying to provide information for the same reports at different times.

Regional Driver

Regional Driver (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsTravel, benefits, pay could be better

ConsNot enough miles when you run only Regional

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There are much better trucking companies to drive for!

Superregional Class A (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsNewer equipment, Breakdown dept is better than average, scheduled home time is a priority you will typically get home on your scheduled day off. prepass ezpass

Cons$550 take home pay average for 7 day workweek away from home is definitely not worth the stress they put you through. Dispatch treats drivers like second class citizens. Chasing empty trailers for no pay so that you can get load. They have you drive during the day the next you are driving at night no wonder i was tired all the time. Detention pay you give them the first 2 hours free then they pay you $12.50 an hour after that which works out to $4.10 / hr after 3 hours waiting. you get 14 days on and 2 days off and that starts as soon as you park the truck the countdown begins IE... you park the truck on Thursday at 3 pm they want you back in the truck on Saturday at 3 pm. Management considers their 115% turnover rate to be very good, what does that tell you! Truck goes in the shop in Jacksonville terminal count on 3 days off with no pay! Average length of haul is 350 to 400 miles plan on bumping a dock everyday.
    Like light loads look else where you will be hauling heavy 85% of the time like big paper rolls and recycled cardboard. Company bought Mid roof Pete's WITH NO room for the otr drivers because they are lighter so they can pull very heavy 46500 loads that will scale with a 1/4 fuel tank.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement you every heard of circadian rhythm? Well you should maybe if you stop switching back and forth between days and nights for you drivers your accident rates will go down. You company CSA scores are not exactly something to brag about! With driver retention rates such as yours drivers can do much better elsewhere with companies that pay and treat their drivers what they are really worth!

Was a great company when I started working for them.

ProsMost of the employees are great to work with.

ConsNo increase in salary for the last 10 years, upper management doesn't seem to be interested in "getting back to our roots" like they keep saying, decisions are being made that appear to be running the company into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees instead of other upper management. The "town hall" meetings are basically a joke since all questions are to be vetted by HR before they are asked. Why is it that all the new upper management is coming from a company that went bankrupt due to poor management? At this point, it appears that Arnold won't be around very long at this rate.

This Place needs help

Dedicated Driver (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsDedicated, home nightly. Not much to say here.

ConsVery poor benefits, no paid holidays, no vacstion for drivers, no where near enough equipnent, what equipment we do have is constantly breaking down, Planners and Dispatchers don't have a clue what it takes to get loads picked up and delivered on time. Management cares about lining their own pockets and could careless for the drivers well being.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and see who really makes the money for this company. If not for us drivers you wouldn't have a job yourself. Start treating your drivers better or you will lose all the good ones and be left with nothing.

Was once a good company, merge with USX killed us.

Driver (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsDedicated route,home nightly. Really not much to write here.

ConsVery bad equipment,not near enough trailers. NO vacation pay,No breakdown pay. No holiday pay.No safety bonus or fuel bonus. No incentive at all to work here other than I'm home daily. Maintenance of equipment is bad. Most every trailer needs crank handle for landing gear and you break your back trying to crank most trailers.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management seems unaware of the many problems. No way to communicate with any one about problems. Get informed,talk with drivers and off site dispatchers, Tulsa,Muskogee. Spend some time there and see for yourself.

made friends with co-worker, relax atmosphere

Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsFriendly co-workers, welcoming atmosphere, relaxed

Consno room for advancement in pay, but continue to give more work,

Advice to Senior Managementno comment

the atmosphere is respectful to worker

Driver (Current Employee)
    Abilene, TX

Prosyou can make the money if you want it

Consthe electronic logs slow me down

Advice to Senior Managementkeep updating equipment and the driver will contribute to give the best

Nice people, but an operational nightmare.

Fleet Manager (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsLooks great on a resume. The company is becoming more profitable than ever before.

ConsDespite the above: no raises, no advancement opportunities, no overtime and no incentives. Unrealistic workload, and inaccurate job description.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will lose all of your best people if you continue over working your employees and show them zero reward for their hard work. I worked here for over 2 years and not once received a raise. When I asked for a raise I was told I do a great job, but its not in the budget. At the same time I get monthly/quarterly reports stating Arnold is more profitable than ever before and has been awarded 10s of millions of dollars in new rewards. I cannot speak for the Grand Prairie office but the moral in Jacksonville is very low.

Worked for Arnold Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arnold Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arnold Transportation CEO Todd Smith. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Arnold Transportation employees.