AroundCampus Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Tons of Growth & Networking Opportunities!!!

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Positive & Fun Company Culture--Fast-paced, Goal-oriented -Promotional opportunities within 1-2 years -Actively challenges young professionals into leaders -Above average salary plus bonuses -Travel opportunities -Wide network of professional relationships -Constantly growing & seeking new opportunities

Cons

-Required to move to NC.

Amazing opportunity for professional growth and development

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a sales rep, you learn first hand how to be successful working B2B and handling yourself professionally. If you get to return for a second summer as an ASM, you have the opportunity to travel and experience multiple college campuses while getting invaluable experience as a manager and motivator. All of the managers have done the internship position before, and are always eager to give advice and help you out if you ask.

Cons

It's hard work and not at all an easy job, you'll hear "no" a lot. There are a lot of challenges and sometimes failures, but you can learn a lot from it.

3. Regional Manager

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great people, good learning experience and fun traveling.

Cons

The pay is small and there is very few promotion opportunities

5. It is what you make it.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Huntsville, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Huntsville, TX

I worked at AroundCampus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Training in North Carolina was great. - Met some great people, including my boyfriend (; - Worked own schedule.

Cons

- VERY underpaid for the work you do. - when talking to the "decision makers", they did not like UD at all. - sold in a very small, very budgeted market which made things thirty times harder.

Advice to Management

PAY THE INTERNS MORE FOR THEIR WORK! Too much hard work for too little pay.

AroundCampus Response

Dec 30, 2012 – President

Thanks for your feedback. In regards to compensation, we review the program each year and routinely find the compensation is on par with other internship programs. Naturally, we have to factor in ... More

Great internship for sales students

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at AroundCampus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned great real world experience. My Boss was great and was always willing to help me get exposure to my resume. I still receive e-mails from U.D. career partners.

Cons

its a short quick summer and no time for vacation. Also my customers didn't pay, therefore i didn't see any extra commission

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

I learned more about the business world hands on than through hours and hours in a classroom

Current Employee - Professional Sales Representative in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Sales Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Connections that were made are life long lasting. The experience pays for itself.

Cons

Commission based pay, gas isn't covered, majority of the day is cold calling

Challenging but worth it

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

Pros

gain ton of experience education on sales networking with nearby businesses career partners Nice managers who want to see you succeed All expense paid trip to NC

Cons

low pay for how many hours you invest not much down time especially on days your trying to get 3 contracts signed challenging work, your going to hear no and have to keep pushing through your day

Advice to Management

Management is young and its refreshing to know you can make it so young and be happy. They live a fast paced life and they do it well.

Good experience, not much fun unless you love sales

Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN

Pros

Teaches you how to work with people and complete legitimate sales transactions. Though not a prestigious internship, it looks good on a resume and gives you some good selling points to discuss in an interview. Gives you thick skin and the confidence to keep selling when someone tells you "no."

Cons

Low pay and difficult job of selling advertising that is rarely used. It can be very discouraging and boring at times. If you're not a sales or people person, you will be frustrated by all the sales jargon and lack of intellectual stimulation.

Advice to Management

Good job accomplishing the task of motivating college students to keep selling in the face of adversity. Make sure you make yourself available after the internship to help with career partners and writing letters of recommendation.

A great place to learn and practice sales techniques in a real life environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Pros

The send you to North Carolina and teach you a ton. I refer to what I've learned all the time in my current job and jobs that I have applied for.

Cons

The way you get compensated but it makes sense because if you don't sell anything you shouldn't get paid.

Advice to Management

I would have liked my regional manager to spend more time in my region because I was a single man team. I would have like a person to bounce ideas off of.

Okay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Pros

Fun environment, growth opportunities for hard workers

Cons

Long hours, a lot of young people so not that professional, outdated processes

RSS Feed </> Embed